• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Groundhog Day again

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
So I’m back we’re I was exactly a year ago, commin of heroin gettin on subs and starting to panic about how much I really know what I’m doing…so I been off H for about 2 days and took 1 1/2 suboxone the first day and 3/4 so far today , I feel ok but am worried as I only have another 1 1/2 subs, also have some tramadol for when the subs are gone but really worried about when the subs are gone if I’m gonna go right back into wd or if the tramadol will even help at that point…so my question is is a super short sub taper possible with no w/d ? Thanks

So I’m back we’re I was exactly a year ago, commin of heroin gettin on subs and starting to panic about how much I really know what I’m doing…so I been off H for about 2 days and took 1 1/2 suboxone the first day and 3/4 so far today , I feel ok but am worried as I only have another 1 1/2 subs, also have some tramadol for when the subs are gone but really worried about when the subs are gone if I’m gonna go right back into wd or if the tramadol will even help at that point…so my question is is a super short sub taper possible with no w/d ? Thanks
I think you can avoid withdrawal. Try your best to alternate days with the rest of your subs. Take 1/2 of one today, skip tomorrow, take a 1/4 the next day, skip the next, take another 1/4, etc.

I've avoid withdrawal from Suboxone like that in the past.

I think you can avoid withdrawal. Try your best to alternate days with the rest of your subs. Take 1/2 of one today, skip tomorrow, take a 1/4 the next day, skip the next, take another 1/4, etc.

I've avoid withdrawal from Suboxone like that in the past.
Thanks man I guess the saying you have to pay in full is what worries me, like am I just taking a break in between wd…you think the trans will be helpful ?

That’s what really scares the fuck out of me, is even if I make it out of the woods with what little sub I have and tramadol how bad will the PAWS be in a couple months when I head back home and can get shit in minutes

When you're going cold turkey or tapering. Withdrawal is going to occur. Just keep reminding yourself that no matter how bad the withdrawal feels at the time, the worst of it will pass and the toil is all simply part of your brains own natural healing process. Sometimes you have to get sick before you can get better. As long as you go into it understanding this, you'll get through it.

When you're going cold turkey or tapering. Withdrawal is going to occur. Just keep reminding yourself that no matter how bad the withdrawal feels at the time, the worst of it will pass and the toil is all simply part of your brains own natural healing process. Sometimes you have to get sick before you can get better. As long as you go into it understanding this, you'll get through it.
That’s how I’m trying to look at it, but to make shot worse my uncle died last night and have to go to a wake and funeral on Tuesday and Wednesday, I guess I can only hope the tramadol will keep me normal during that, I have about 40 50mg trams , they were for my dog but I figure tramadol is tramadol

That’s how I’m trying to look at it, but to make shot worse my uncle died last night and have to go to a wake and funeral on Tuesday and Wednesday, I guess I can only hope the tramadol will keep me normal during that
I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's a hard choice to make, but if you don't feel well enough to go, then don't. You can always pay your respects some other way later on. Taking care of yourself right now when you know its absolutely necessary, doesn't make you a bad person. Don't commit yourself to any situation if it forces you to relapse. Do whatever you need to do for yourself right now and deal with everything else later.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's a hard choice to make, but if you don't feel well enough to go, then don't. You can always pay your respects some other way later on. Taking care of yourself right now when you know its absolutely necessary, doesn't make you a bad person. Don't commit yourself to any situation if it forces you to relapse. Do whatever you need to do for yourself right now and deal with everything else later.
We’ll relapse is not really an option, I’m in NJ and don’t know anybody out here or have a way to get to an area where I could cop even if I wanted too, I guess I’ll just tough it out and try to cut my sub dose in half each morning and take some edibles at night since I’ll be lucky to get 12hr relief off the sub

We’ll relapse is not really an option, I’m in NJ and don’t know anybody out here or have a way to get to an area where I could cop even if I wanted too, I guess I’ll just tough it out and try to cut my sub dose in half each morning and take some edibles at night since I’ll be lucky to get 12hr relief off the sub
That's not a bad thing. The harder it is for you to obtain the substance the better things will get for you in the long run. Each time you relief yourself of the withdrawal symptoms, you're only prolonging what you already know needs to happen. You're going to have to face the sickness head on and allow it to run its course. It's going to feel like hell, it's unavoidable. But once you get through that, you're going to be stronger than ever for doing it. Nothing life throws at you from then on will ever be able to keep you down. Just keep yourself focused on where you want to be and some day not too long from now, that's where you'll be.

You can lessen the withdrawal, just make sure you taper it somewhat. Do as I said and you will likely have minimal withdrawal. Don't be scared it won't be that bad, people do rapid tapers all the time.

But like I said if you have been habituated to opiates for any reasonable length, you will likely run into some kind of paws. Just stay strong, find other coping skills, possibly see a therapist about it. You'll be fine. I wish you the best.

I am def habituated to a couple grams a day for a while…what if I cut my sub dose and take the tramadol after the sub to try and lengthen it out a bit ? I know trams are a kind of opioid or atleast work on the same receptors as bupe (I think) but just very weak, is precipitate wd something I should be concerned about ?

The trams aren't gonna have much effect unless you wait a couple days after taking Suboxone. I wouldn't really bother with them personally. You could potentially save them for when you're off of subs completely if you're feeling bad. But then you have to be very careful because that could cause the flood gates to open again and lead to a relapse.

Idk, just tread carefully if you're really trying to quit opiates completely.

well I gave in last night and took 200mg tramadol around 12hr after my last 2mg of sub, I’m not sure if it was in my head but I think I was high last night I got the warm fuzzies and just felt more relaxed then I had In a week, crazy thing is I thing I got higher off that 200mg tram then a gram of heroin use to get me a couple weeks ago…I’m sure there was some bupe still in my system so not sure if that helped but damn I was really suprised last night I kinda looked at the trams as tylonal since most people say they suck