Groove Theory 8/11/01 Bronx, NY

I'm comin down from buffalo for this...time to catch all the dj's I missed at wemf.

k alot of my friends just dropped out from cooming to this cause of getting in trouble with the 'rents, so i just wanted to know who is expected to be down here, i know me, spiderman, and Maui2k are definatly going, i just wanted to know if this is gonna be a nicely packed place. so lets hear the roll call.
------------------
video games dont affect kids; if pac-man affected us as kids we’d all be running around in darkened rooms munching on magic pills and listening to repatitive music...
AIM SN: Elf N His Zippo

I wanna go, but i can't, gotta go to Fitchburg party week after this one, too much money.. This party will be FUCKEN packed too, it'll take 20 minutes just to get into the Jungle room.
*Though, i'm known for a spontaneous arrival*

yea I doubt im gonna go either, ive been getting bad vibes all week about this party i dunno what it is.... but my freind has a ticket and isnt going so if any of you need a ticket we got one for sale. hit me up, later.
------------------
~Maui2k http://www.mp3.com/maui2k
Aim: PeerBoy

Why are you backing out Maui???
Where else can you see the WEMF headliners for only $30?????
Smoove Groove is a dedicated production group. They rarely throw bad parties.
Anyone that has gone to any "LUST" , "FEAST", or Genesis parties would know!
I doubt that this party will be overpacked because a lot of people have spent most of their money on commercialized hyped up parties like MEKKA TOUR, CreamFields, and Infriltrate and could not afford to go to this one.
And at least this party isn't over hyped to attract Beer Guzzling morons and club diva's.
The real troops and party kids will attend!
Trust me I think you should go!
Peace Out
--TK

Yo, the meetup is still goin' as planned tho, same spot as said above ok?
Meetup Location/Time: The Big Fan in the Jungle Room. 1:00 p.m. Be there!
------------------
The only real drug problem is scorin real good drugs -- aim: Diskchucker

I dunno I just have this weird feeling. odds are it will prolly |3e amazing and ill feel all left out, |3ut oh well. ive got other shit I can do. which I KNOW im gonna have a good time doing... always have |3ackup plans..
------------------
~Maui2k http://www.mp3.com/maui2k
Aim: PeerBoy

I might show up with qtip and special guest. Actually I will probably be there. Like anybody cares...
------------------
The music never stops...

I'm goin to this party, I NEEEED to go out this weekend bad and this seems like the best bet. maybe I'll actually get to meet some fellow Bl'ers, I've failed at every other attempt at meeting up so we'll see how this one goes.
------------------
If knowledge is the key than just show me the lock.....

phillyjunglist and I will be coming to see q-tip, aly-kat and tyson... we miss you guys...
-buzzy

I get to see buzzy again and finally meet Chrissy...YAY!!!!! can't wait to see you guys...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
My plane leaves in 4 hours..

Wazzup guys!
I'll be working at the Ice-9 vendor booth for this... I'll be out dancing alot too.
...Look for the black kid wearing a loud ass yellow and blue striped shirt, yellow UFOs, and a red Ecko cap turned to the side....
Gettin' to the Jungle room is a pain in the ass, so I don't think I'll be at the meet-up..
If you see me, don't be afraid to interrupt me and say hi.
------------------
"Shibby!"

I just got my ticket tonight and I'm jazzed up to start dancing to some pounding beats!!!
Spiderman and the rest of the bluelighters, I'll see ya near the fan at 1:00am.
Speekah I'll look for you at the ICE-9 vending booth. I'll come up to you and say "DAMN YOU SPEEKAH..... DAMN YOU!!! HAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!
Nah I gotz mad love for all the true party heads that keep the scene alive!
I'll see everyone Tommorow night!!!
BE THERE!!!!!! ~ONE LOVE~
Peace out.....

ill stop by and say high speekah i will also be with spid-e at the fan, ill be wearing black UFO's with white tags, black vest, white undershirt, and white visor, and im asian
wink.gif
k see you all there.
------------------
video games dont affect kids; if pac-man affected us as kids we’d all be running around in darkened rooms munching on magic pills and listening to repatitive music...
AIM SN: Elf N His Zippo

last minute decision... i'm going
smile.gif
i'll be tagging along with my permanent loving houseguests buzzy and chrissy. i was originally supposed to be going to denver this weekend to visit my roommate but it didn't happen.
and i care pinkerton. i really do. see you there. too bad this time there won't be any portapotties for us to hide in like detroit.
wink.gif
i'm going to be a mooooooooch and try to get as fuctup as in detroit. it's been too long.

If the outside area's like Music Made Me Do It then expect porta potties!
smile.gif

------------------
The only real drug problem is scorin real good drugs -- aim: Diskchucker

Holy shit yo, that was a fucking party. Definitely my favorite massive of the summer. What did you guys think?

wow, dudez, this was, like, the coolest fucking party i've ever been to. i'm a truuuuue junglist, mang. the key is the fucking bomb. i want to move to harlem just to be near it. that's where we met the nicest people anyhow, not inside in the shadiness.
smile.gif

nice to meet you aly, thanks for the bump. good to see tyson and qtip again (not tripping). see you in a couple weeks at stereotopia.
~~
to clear up any confusion, the above statement about this party being good was made fully in sarcasm. it was too hot, shady, none of the djs impressed me, everyone around us was like 12 years old, and it smelled, as chrissy put it, "like burning barbie dolls" all night because everyone was dusted. i wouldn't expect any less out of a new york rave but the outside area was nice and the group of people i was with made it semi-enjoyable. that is all.
[This message has been edited by marbica (edited 12 August 2001).]

i must say, probably best party of the summer, yet possibly not the 100% funnist and 'best' persay... let me explain :)
it was not packed - this would obvioulsy be a great thing, thou i think the reason it wasen't packed was cuz alot of people weren't motivated to go to this party, so alot of regulars who bring a good vibe with them didnt show...... I've been to most of the local parties this summer, and i think all of the ones @ The Key - and i was just a tad bit saddened i didn't get to see everyone i usually do... non the less, pretty nice vibe....
one obvious thing lacking, imo, was amazing dj sets... GTheory truly had a super duper lineup... and only one big dj didnt show, pleasurehead (this is dam dissapointing thou :-( cuz phead is tha man!) .... but what i felt was really lacking was any of the DJ's really WOW'in the crowd...... ide say the only performance that really blew me away that i saw was Frankie Bones.... maybe it was cuz it was probably the only time ive seen him show up to a booked party i went to this summer - but non the less, he did a dam nice set... every other dj was just like... ehhh... good beat transition into long, repetitive, mostly nonmoving stuff......
i just found myself lacking motivation to shake my stuff through a bit too many DJ's... and belive me, i like to shake my stuff!
smile.gif

but the place was mostly cooled very well, the security was doing their job without making problems, and smoothgroove did a very nice job in setting it up without flaw
so despite any little negative stuff i may have mentioned (mainly just personal dissapointments), ide say BIG UP to Smoothgroove for a dam good party to possibly close up the summer before skool starts up again...