Gregg Valentino's Book

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I just got his book Death Drugs and Muscle and made it more than halfway through last night. I realize that a lot of people in this section who know who he is probably have a negative view on him, but I would honestly recommend reading this book and then drawing your own conclusions as it sheds a whole other side to him and his life besides his crazy juicehead persona, although there is plenty of that too. So far I've found it actually inspirational if you can get past some of the grittiness and possible exaggerations. If you like books on people's downfalls and redemption then I think you'd like this book.

The Amazon description...

Death, Drugs, & Muscle is the story of a man who lived decades on the right side of the law before making the dangerous choice to enter the dark and dangerous world of drug dealing. After reaching the top and living a lavish lifestyle where sex, drugs, and money were in plentiful supply at all hours of the day, it all came crashing down in one harrowing instant. This is the story of Gregg Valentino, a man who had everything, lost it all, and fought his way back to the top. The book describes Valentino’s involvement with bodybuilding and its association with steroids and underground behaviour, including the sex and muscle worship trade. Valentino eventually begins dealing drugs himself, and details the dangers and the fallout – including the death of his girlfriend, his arrest, and his rise as an unlikely celebrity. The story is uncensored, no-nonsense, and spares no expense to give the reader a true account of a life marred with murder, tragedy, sex, drugs, and sports.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Drugs-Muscle-Gregg-Valentino/dp/1550229214/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_2

Last edited:
I still think "The Man Whose Arms Exploded" would have made for a more catchy title ;)

Except unlike TLC wanted people to believe his arms didn't explode, he got an abscess from using dirty needles. :p

I don't really have a negative view of Gregg, I just regard him as a bit disturbed. However, I did used to like reading some of his columns, and he was at least prepared to talk about subjects many other athletes wouldn't go near which earns him some respect.

Speaking of site enhancement oils, I chatted with Rich Piana today at the Bodypower expo in Birmingham (UK). Friendly, positive guy, but still can't drag my eyes away from the slightly unnatural angles on his biceps lol.

Yeah I would agree. I never understood why he got so much hate honestly, it's not like he was competing or anything and he even touched on that in an interview. Other than that I think he garnered the most hate from pro bodybuilders that didn't appreciate him exposing the dark shit that went along with it, but like you said to me that earns him more respect in my book. Either way, at least from what I've read he always seemed like he would be a cool dude to go get a drink with and hear some of his crazy stories. He's got plenty in the book. lol

Last edited:
So I finished the book a few days ago, and yeah I would definitely recommend it especially if you're interested in the story of someone losing it all and their road to redemption. That sounds totally cliche but it's the best way I could word it.