View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Green tea and dissociatives

Hexagon Sun

Bluelighter
After 3-4 years taking dissos weekly and that last summer, microdosing almost daily I was starting to randomly feel pins and needles in the bladder.

Also my total pee retention were reduced: around 250ml per full bladder

2-3 weeks ago I found somebody calling that one compound of the green tea EGCG had protective properties for the damages of the dissos.

Well on this last three weekends I have taken a good dose of green tea just before the dissos, and some more during the day and some more during the next day.

Even with moderate to high doses I have had 0 pin/needles. And my current retention is north of 450ml... It´s like years that I dont pee that much. Im so happy about this finding, and I would like you, dissoheads, to try taking green tea before your dissos if you are starting to feel symptoms. It could be some kind of placebo / somatic response for my side, but the 450ml pee is as hard science as you can get, so Im thinking there´s some solid facts behind it

Let´s put the collective intelligence in motion. Let´s test this. It could save a ton of bladders.

Edit: Also, I dont find the original thread, if somebody knows it, please link it

I haven't read this thread yet I will do now but I just wanted to say very quickly how chamomile tea is surprisingly Powerful in an anxiolytic and sleep inducing effect manner.

I mean it's well-known of course but I think it's probably still not adequately recognised.

Green tea is more a stimulant, less caffeine than black and white tea, very high antioxidants, and lots of tannin, which is also anxiolytic.

It's may well be the case too that green tea has potentiating properties for other psychoactive substances such as the ones mentioned in this thread.

But chamomile tea I do know has the power to dramatically enhance the effect of certain psychoactive drugs and I imagine this would apply to dissociatives as well.

Body chemistry's different, don't take it here -- bad choice. See a doctor instead.

Thank you shady for another helpful remark.

You're totally right, @Hexagon Sun. There are various mechanisms through which green tea protects the bladder. We already frequently mention green tea for dissociative harm reduction, as it works wonders for the brain. But it should indeed be mentioned there are multiple direct protective effects on the renal system as well!

I've only tried dissociatives a handful of times (2FDCK twice and DCK twice), after the first time I took DCK I had some pain as well as difficulty peeing and the need to pee even when I couldn't. The next time I tried DCK at a higher dose I drank a few cups of green tea on the day and suffered no ill effects like previously. Not exactly a scientific study I know but next time I try dissociatives I will drink green tea again.

After 3-4 years taking dissos weekly and that last summer, microdosing almost daily I was starting to randomly feel pins and needles in the bladder.

Also my total pee retention were reduced: around 250ml per full bladder

2-3 weeks ago I found somebody calling that one compound of the green tea EGCG had protective properties for the damages of the dissos.

Well on this last three weekends I have taken a good dose of green tea just before the dissos, and some more during the day and some more during the next day.

Even with moderate to high doses I have had 0 pin/needles. And my current retention is north of 450ml... It´s like years that I dont pee that much. Im so happy about this finding, and I would like you, dissoheads, to try taking green tea before your dissos if you are starting to feel symptoms. It could be some kind of placebo / somatic response for my side, but the 450ml pee is as hard science as you can get, so Im thinking there´s some solid facts behind it

Let´s put the collective intelligence in motion. Let´s test this. It could save a ton of bladders.

Edit: Also, I dont find the original thread, if somebody knows it, please link it
Sorry for my sober lazyness. But while brewing Kombucha, year's ago. I found out that EGCG is unstable under certain circumstances. At least two factors that had a role where heat and Ph.

Hence the brewing of Green Tea is best done with water of 65 degree's Celcius. And adding lemon should help to. Kombucha is sour of itself. And the Green Tea I just soaked in room temp. Kombucha.

Something to keep in the back of your mind!

"Epimerization
In millimolar EGCG concentrations and when auto-oxidation is prevented by antioxidants, epimerization of EGCG to its trans-epimer (−)-gallocatechin gallate (GCG) is preferred [3], [71], [76], [88], [94], [95] (Fig. 2). The epimerization of EGCG to GCG is more favorable at pH < 5.5, at high concentrations (mM solution) or at temperatures > 50 °C, for example, during autoclaving [88], [94], [95]. The conversion of EGCG to GCG occurs also under anaerobic conditions and once EGCG is stabilized by the presence of antioxidants [71]. Catechin trans-epimers do not have toxic effects but rather possess similar biological activities to their cis- counterparts [18], [19], [96], [97]. Catechin epimerization can be reversible [94], [95]." taken from:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955286316000243

To me it makes sense. I mean, green tea with lemon? Sounds delicious.

Studing the subject I see there´s CGCG capsules as well. Other says that CGCG is almost no bioassimilable. My point is... We dont know the exact mecanism, could be the CGCG, could be a combo of flavonoids, who knows... but the proof is in the pudding. If in the practice it works, it works!