• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Great depiction of a heavy acid trip

Flickering

Bluelighter
YouTube video, film noir parody. A friend asked me today what was the most realistic depiction I'd seen of an LSD trip. I looked up 'LSD film' and came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztU-W0Qwpb4

(Trip starts around 6:45)

Overall I think they did a great job. The vocal flanging was a bit much, but otherwise this is a pretty good simulation of a trip around the 700mic range. What do you reckon?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't 100% sure where to put it.)

dig the effects like the trails and when he is trying to light the cigarette with matches. also has the face kinda swirls.

yea vocal effects were a bit much, id imagine tho it wasn't going really for realism that was purely a.. cinematic choice.

when anyone ever mentions psychedelic shown in cinema, i always bring up the ayahuasca trip from blueberry, whatever team did it had to of been experienced with break through dmt experiences.

They were. The actor (forget his name, Michael something) and several of the crew had done ayahuasca in Peru.

Yeah, it's much better than the trash that shows up all the time. It's harder to accurately show psychedelic experiences than other drug experiences although you'd the opposite would be true. I think the Dead did a good job with some of their videos esp the parking lot scenes with the drum circles (forget the name). Also, when people just film and record someone on psychs it is better than most hyped up man turning into elephant scenarios because you can tell something profound is happening.