• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Grapefruit Potentiation

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I have some old grapefruit juice I need to get rid of. How efficient is it at potentiation. I usually take 15mg. Would you only take 10 if you drank grapefruit?

I have some old grapefruit juice I need to get rid of. How efficient is it at potentiation. I usually take 15mg. Would you only take 10 if you drank grapefruit?
15mg of what?
IIRC not all types of grapefruit do the trick.

When i used it to potentiate benzos it reallt caught me off guard. Kicked my ass hard into blackout mode, and all kinds of chaos followed, lol. (i used white grapefruit juice)

15mg of what?
IIRC not all types of grapefruit do the trick.

When i used it to potentiate benzos it reallt caught me off guard. Kicked my ass hard into blackout mode, and all kinds of chaos followed, lol. (i used white grapefruit juice)
Lol so in your opinion white grapefruit juice and maybe half my dose ? I’m taking oxycodone btw. It’s just gotten so expensive. This is 100 percent grapefruit. Thank you for answering ! Appreciate your time

White grapefruit juice is the type of juice that’s recommended. I have taken it with 20mgs of Oxy and it’s made little to no difference in my experience, however.

What has helped is drinking the white grapefruit juice, plus 2 diphenhydramine tablets (I think they’re 25mg each) about 45 minutes prior to taking any Oxy. The whole Oxy experience was approximately 150% compared to the feeling of Oxys alone.

the chemicals in grapefruit juice which cause inhibition and potentiation of certain drugs are very instable and disappear after basic pasteurization and shelf life

to get real benefit you need to be drinking FRESH grapefruit juice, not that processed shit that's been sitting in your fridge for 5 months

the chemicals in grapefruit juice which cause inhibition and potentiation of certain drugs are very instable and disappear after basic pasteurization and shelf life

to get real benefit you need to be drinking FRESH grapefruit juice, not that processed shit that's been sitting in your fridge for 5 months
Yeah this shits been sitting since last year, I just wanted to get it out and figured I’d do it before oxy dose. But I ended up not even dealing with it. I gotta go to grocery story so I may see if grapefruit still in season and get a couple just to mess around. Thank you for your time and response!

@FuneralFather drink it 1 hour before dose, yeah try half or 2/3rds, it isnt a massssive dose anyway, maybe make someone aware you are doing it so they can check on you an hour later even if its by phone.
Yeah I got narcan on hand for totally unrelated purposes well I don’t but the household does but I figured not to push anything until someone’s here to watch out.

White grapefruit juice is the type of juice that’s recommended. I have taken it with 20mgs of Oxy and it’s made little to no difference in my experience, however.

What has helped is drinking the white grapefruit juice, plus 2 diphenhydramine tablets (I think they’re 25mg each) about 45 minutes prior to taking any Oxy. The whole Oxy experience was approximately 150% compared to the feeling of Oxys alone.
I truly feel as if I only like oxy in the waking hours when I get up and go watch the news in the living room, that being said if it improved it 150 percent. I already get sleepy enough when I use it in conjunction with weed. Y’all do make me feel better about the dose not being so high.

Side Post: pardon me but just for opinions what would y’all consider a moderate to high dose of oxy? I’ve always been curious to nod. I haven’t nodded since I took morphines like 4 years ago. I’m not risking my life for a buzz though so I was hoping this might help in endeavors but to be honesty opiate lethargy makes me nervous that ima fall asleep and not wake up so maybe it’s best you disregard this I just wanted to know not to push doses especially in conjunction cause I’m probably going to get some white grapefruit new of some sorts If I can find it today

It's gotta be Fresh White or Pink Grapefruit Juice. I normally buy the chilled Tropicana stuff and it works very well. Diphenhydramine is a good potentiator as well, paired with Grapefruit juice and you'll get enhanced metabolic inhibition, keep an eye on ur oxy doses if ur gonna use two inhibitors tho!

It's gotta be Fresh White or Pink Grapefruit Juice. I normally buy the chilled Tropicana stuff and it works very well. Diphenhydramine is a good potentiator as well, paired with Grapefruit juice and you'll get enhanced metabolic inhibition, keep an eye on ur oxy doses if ur gonna use two inhibitors tho!
Should I worry if I just drink grapefruit and take my normal 15mg dose I wanna nod but I don’t wanna be dumb about it or risk my life

Hi Funeral Father,
When I was referring to my Oxy dose, I meant 20mg. I don’t take more than that at a time for the most part.
Reading the comments about fresh white grapefruit juice really has me thinking that I might have had a more potentiating experience with just the juice alone, had it been fresh.
Some other Oxy potentiators to consider: Tagamet, Benedryl (diphenhydramine), gabapentin, and hydroxazine.
Having narcan on hand is a great idea, though I doubt the experience is going to be to the degree that it would come to that unless you rarely use Oxys.

If u experience more itching than usual after taking a potentiated dose of Oxy then u know uve done it right as more of the Oxy is entering ur bloodstream unmetabolized causing an increased Histamine reaction.

IME, only fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice is sufficient to make any undeniable potentiation occur. I was using it to potentiate benzodiazepines though, so YMMV, seriously. Fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice is almost unbelievably sour and hard to get down and tends to give me heartburn too. Let me know how it works out for you though!

IME, only fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice is sufficient to make any undeniable potentiation occur. I was using it to potentiate benzodiazepines though, so YMMV, seriously. Fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice is almost unbelievably sour and hard to get down and tends to give me heartburn too. Let me know how it works out for you though!

Yeah it tends to play havoc with my GI system too, it's all that citric acid I suppose.