• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Got some questions yo.

Definitelynotacop

Greenlighter
So i'm basically wondering how detrimental to my dogs health his pot smoking habits are.

My dog takes about 6 bong rips a day; one in the morning, two after work, one after dinner and two before bed.

The bong that my dog has works real wonders and has caused the tolerance to increase. (After smoking an entire joint he only feels a little buzz).

My dog is now 20 and has had the habits for 2 years now.

How does this affect his health? Both mental and physical. Should he cut back? Completely quit?

My dog knows that obviously hitting bong 6 times a day can not be good for his lungs. My dog has common sense.

Ok thanks bye

Shouldn't be forcing your dog to smoke drugs.

Unless you're talking about yourself, in which you should just refer to yourself as you. On Bluelight we don't refer to ourselves in coded language.

Well you clearly know the risks of what smoking has on the lungs, breathing in combustible material of any kind damages the lining of the lungs. If you are concerned with any damage smoking might cause, you should look into vaporizers or other forms of consumption; edibles and such.

Mentally, it all depends on predispositions, which at the moment there isn't a sure fire test for. Family members with mental health problems can be a good indicator. Some people eventually after smoking for years, start experiencing anxiety/panic attacks. Cannabis has been linked to bringing to light mental illness, not causing it, but triggering an illness someone may already be predisposed to having. i.e psychosis(schizophrenia and bi-polar). An in general, some people become dependent on cannabis which can cause troubles in life.

In terms of your habit, only really you can judge whether you should quit or cut down. The fact you're asking the questions you are, would signify to me, that maybe you think your cannabis use is becoming a problem. Though that's just what I take from your post OP. An in your position, I would cut down. The same advice I'd apply to your tolerance. Unless you find stronger forms of cannabis, which would lead to the same problem after more use. The only way to lower tolerance would be to take, 'tolerance breaks', as some people on bluelight like to call them.

Some people can go through life smoking and it never causes them any issues. Some people become dependent and cannabis turns into an unwanted habit, drowning their lives in lack of ambition and drive. Some people smoke for a few years, then find cannabis has started exacerbating their anxiety and becomes a problem, even after they quit smoking it. An some people have a full blown psychotic episode triggered by smoking cannabis and find out they have a psychotic illness.

Really, you know your body better then any of us. So just take all the advice you can on board and being honest with yourself about your usage.

Hope this helps OP

My dog is now 20 and has had the habits for 2 years now.

How does this affect his health? Both mental and physical. Should he cut back? Completely quit?

All we can tell you for sure is that your dog's now 2 years closer to dying than it was when it started smoking ganj'.

Common sense would be not to let your dog ingest cannabis. It could be lethal. For humans on the other hand that's another story. To each their own

It could be lethal.

Word? What makes you say that?

I don't think it's any more lethal for dogs than it is for people. Whether they can handle a heavy dose or not, well... that's another matter altogether. I dunno, I could be wrong but I feel like it's near impossible to kill a dog with a pot brownie. Not that I'd ever try of course, just saying.... you know... I don't like where this conversation's going, tacodude. I don't like it at all.

dogs don't live to be 22 years old, so I'm guessing this is either a thinly veiled SWIM or a troll.

if your dog is 22 people years old, smoking weed probably helps him with chronic pain. I try to get my 9 year old dog to blaze it because he has arthritis but he is "above the influence".

I've met a couple of stoner dogs in my day and it definitely shows in their personality. The smoke probably isn't good for them. Being that dogs are allergic to chocolate you might not want to give you dog brownies of any kind lol

Word? What makes you say that?

I don't think it's any more lethal for dogs than it is for people. Whether they can handle a heavy dose or not, well... that's another matter altogether. I dunno, I could be wrong but I feel like it's near impossible to kill a dog with a pot brownie. Not that I'd ever try of course, just saying.... you know... I don't like where this conversation's going, tacodude. I don't like it at all.
When I looked up the ld50 for cannabis with dogs I came across somewhere that stated 1.25 grams of bud per lb of dog. Not a real accurate measurement although one none the less. Cannabis can over excite a dog causing heart issues as well as possibly just being too much for them. Someone I know almost lost a chihuahua shepherd cause of an edible. I may be wrong although in this case better safe than sorry

dogs don't live to be 22 years old, so I'm guessing this is either a thinly veiled SWIM or a troll.

if your dog is 22 people years old, smoking weed probably helps him with chronic pain. I try to get my 9 year old dog to blaze it because he has arthritis but he is "above the influence".

I've met a couple of stoner dogs in my day and it definitely shows in their personality. The smoke probably isn't good for them. Being that dogs are allergic to chocolate you might not want to give you dog brownies of any kind lol

My dogs love them some mother fuckin' chocolate, man. I freak out every time people give them some. Grapes, though? They treat grapes like fucking cyanide.

When I looked up the ld50 for cannabis with dogs I came across somewhere that stated 1.25 grams of bud per lb of dog. Not a real accurate measurement although one none the less. Cannabis can over excite a dog causing heart issues as well as possibly just being too much for them. Someone I know almost lost a chihuahua shepherd cause of an edible. I may be wrong although in this case better safe than sorry

No shit...

I know of a dog (small little fucker, not even 15lbs... travesty to even call it a "dog" if you ask me....) that started having seizures about 6 hours into a really heavy accidental weed high. Little rat got into a tray of a dozen 1g firecrackers, man, lol.

I know it can fuck with them, but I really doubted it could cause some kind of fatal reaction in the dog. Fuck, man... that's kind of crazy....

dude, 6 bongs a day is not that much weed. you'll be fine. or your dog, whatever.

^ smoking 6 bongs a day will definately be harmful to your lungs.... it's not "that much" when you compare it to people smoking a bowl every 30min or so, but it is still not a good idea.

if it is detrimental to your mental health, you should be able to tell yourself...

if it is detrimental to your mental health, you should be able to tell yourself...

The weird thing about mental health is that sometimes it can deteriorate, and that deterioration itself can be cause enough to make you not realize that you're fucking yourself up.

The weird thing about mental health is that sometimes it can deteriorate, and that deterioration itself can be cause enough to make you not realize that you're fucking yourself up.

http://breggin.com/spellbinding_psychiatric_drugs.pdf

about that very thing you mention. it's about drugs that cause damage yet also stimulate the reward part of the brain so the subject sees it as a rewarding process even though it is a destructive process.

My dog used to smoke with me. When Id go out to smoke id also take her "go potty". lol.

And id wave the buds by her, and sometimes shed perk up and stand right next to the bowl.

or sometimes she'd move away from it and seem disinterested.

I think dogs smoke well. I'd blow it in her face then put some extra food in her bowl and she'd lap up the water bowl too.

Miss her.

When she was put down, I saw her gyrate into intricate patterns that flowed as a light that filled out the building and into the trees and sky with everything breathing.

Totally sober.

I'll never forget that.

The first time we all blew smoke in her face, shed never go in my basement. She followed us right down and sat in a circle and listend to us play guitar. i'll never forget that. She was just down for whatever all of a sudden.

I know of a dog (small little fucker, not even 15lbs... travesty to even call it a "dog" if you ask me....) ..
My Lil' Chihuahua terrier is barely 10-15 lb. She is quite a badass whether you believe it or not.

I just don't like small dogs. Never have.

There's a few that've won me over, but for the most part they just seem to bark all the time and bite pretty much whatever they feel like.

Bigger dogs have more confidence than that. They don't need to alert at every little piece of sensory information that hits their brain. It's like little dogs are always in panic mode, and bigger dogs are always like, "Yeah, I got my eye on you, fucker. Just the one, though, I'm sleepin' with the other. You're not important for both eyes, but I got the one on you, you... you, human, you." or something like that.