• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Got psychosis of smoked weed

vh1

Greenlighter
Before I have smoked a small amount of weed before just for fun, but for a couple days ago I smoked two type of weed I think one of them where strong.
Totally I smoked an half and I become not high but after half hour I feel wired for the first time in my life, I had no knowledge that weed can cause psychosis and panic anxiety. Many of you here may have experienced the feeling of being psychos, I went crazy, it was horrible feeling, Only 1 second I could feel that I was in reality the other was like I was a dead human, I felt like I was dead and I was in a nightmare. I cried and asked for help but nobody understood me.

During my panic attack I believed that I have destroyed my brain for ever, I also even thought about killing myself just because of that. I do not know if I had acted differently ie be calmer if I knew that it will become better later after the body clean up itself.

I don't do other drugs and this was my last time to smoke. Expect alcohol I will not touch drugs, it have scared me as hell after I got that panic attack.

I'm otherwise healthy. But after I got this panic attack I still have no motivation and have some anxiety. Does tt takes a long time before I become fully recovered?

I also wonder how long should I wait to drink alcohol?

Many thanks for helping!

Last edited:
It's not uncommon to experience paranoia and panic attacks from smoking weed. It happens to people who have smoked for years seemingly out of the blue. I would hold off on drinking alcohol for now. Eat some food and that should help you feel better. You didn't destroy your brain, probably just had some strong stuff or smoked a little too much. I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion. Welcome to Bluelight!

You didn't destroy your brain forever! Just a bad weed trip. Usually after a few times smoking pot you'll find out if it's for you or not - and it sounds like for you maybe it's not?

When I was younger weed made me SERIOUSLY paranoid and anxious. Now that it's legal in my state and I can research the different strains more I tend to stick with Indicas, which historically don't cause as much angst.

It's possible you smoked a strong Sativa which can send anybody into the stratosphere.

If you don't do any other drugs (which is great!) then this is probably the strongest feeling you have ever experienced from a substance and that can be scary. Just give it some time and if you do decide to smoke again try your best to make sure its an indica or a hybrid, if you can. I know that's not always possible

As for drinking, I would wait until it feels comfortable for you but I don't think there is any harm in drinking moderately. I would give things a rest for a while until you feel better, tho.

Please don't think about killing yourself! You will be TOTALLY fine. Good luck! :)

I've heard of this happening before. Happened to me once too, had to quit smoking for a while so my system could clear before I smoked again. Usually seems to be when people take too much or when they aren't used to a certain type of strain. I don't know about lasting effects though? Longest bud hangover I ever had was a few days. Uhhhh hmmm try to excerise and eat healthy and stuff, probably will be fine before you know it.

Wow thanks for fast replay, glad I found this forum.

When I wrote I think to kill myself or when I wrote I thought my brain was destroyed for ever, I meant that I felt so and got those thoughts during when I had psychos/panic attack anxiety. I had this panic attacks in nearly 3 hours.

I eat well, and going to gym. I'm gonna also begin to meditate daily to. Maybe it will speed up the recovery.

It's been known to happen. Odds are great that you will make a full recovery. Don't smoke weed again.

How old are you BTW? If late teens/early 20s then given what has happened here with weed you need to be very careful also with stimulants and psychedelics as this is prime onset years for major mental illness and in the predisposed all these drugs (weed included) can precipitate onset.

Wow thanks for fast replay, glad I found this forum.

When I wrote I think to kill myself or when I wrote I thought my brain was destroyed for ever, I meant that I felt so and got those thoughts during when I had psychos/panic attack anxiety. I had this panic attacks in nearly 3 hours.

I eat well, and going to gym. I'm gonna also begin to meditate daily to. Maybe it will speed up the recovery.

My hippy has currently consumed cannabis for many years; smoking, vaping, and edibles. The first month or so hippy smoked regularly, he was used to smoking lower mid grade marijuana until one day the cannabis god blessed him with some real heady dank herb. That night he was alone at home laying in bed watching netflix like every night, smoking a bowl of his new herb. All was well until he noticed his heart beating abnormally fast and his thoughts started to race. The next hour or so were spent laying down wishing he was not high anymore, he had terrible anxiety and could not stop the negative thoughts and critical thoughts about his life and life choices.

Now, being more experienced with psychedelics ( weed IS a psychedelic to some extent ), he realizes that the paranoia about his heart and the stressful place he was in at that time in his life resulted in an overwhelming anxiety attack brought on by the marijuana.

To this day that was his only panic attack on marijuana, he never even gets insecure being high anymore no matter the situation because of his familiarity with the head space of being high. Although sometimes he can tell his thoughts are more paranoid than normal and that's when he knows he is smoking some nice green! :)

I smoke like 15 years daily, about 10 gr per week.I used to be really paranoide and have anxiety, probably due to smoking to much, but now i'm fine.. still smoking.I just think mentally I havent grew since I started smoking daily. I'm 27 and feel like i'm 16. Hard to connect emotionally and fall inlove (have been in a relation for like 4 years, cant say I love her).BUT I dont care really, I dont even notice my "problems", but they get pointed out by my girl who does not smoke.My issues might not even be related to the weed, ive been smoking since i'm 12 so I couldnt say.

Before I have smoked a small amount of weed before just for fun, but for a couple days ago I smoked two type of weed I think one of them where strong.
Totally I smoked an half and I become not high but after half hour I feel wired for the first time in my life, I had no knowledge that weed can cause psychosis and panic anxiety. Many of you here may have experienced the feeling of being psychos, I went crazy, it was horrible feeling, Only 1 second I could feel that I was in reality the other was like I was a dead human, I felt like I was dead and I was in a nightmare. I cried and asked for help but nobody understood me.

During my panic attack I believed that I have destroyed my brain for ever, I also even thought about killing myself just because of that. I do not know if I had acted differently ie be calmer if I knew that it will become better later after the body clean up itself.

I don't do other drugs and this was my last time to smoke. Expect alcohol I will not touch drugs, it have scared me as hell after I got that panic attack.

I'm otherwise healthy. But after I got this panic attack I still have no motivation and have some anxiety. Does tt takes a long time before I become fully recovered?

I also wonder how long should I wait to drink alcohol?

Many thanks for helping!

The actor Robert Vaughn had a psychotic break after smoking weed in the 50's. It's described in his book, "A Fortunate Life."

Update

It has gone nealry about 2 month since I got my psychos. Yet today I still have anxiety, very low self-esteem, none motivation to talk to people and meet new people like never before.

I do go to the gym, meditate and eat well and sleep well but in the same time I don't have my confidence, self-esteem left like before.

II don't even been and seeking for help from doctor or physical therapy due they note and mention in my journal that I got it from weed. It's not cool for me.

Like I have mentioned before I don't do any drugs , I just only drink like 1-2 times in the month.

What should I do? How long to recover?

I've heard of weed causing that and its a pretty comomon reaction, but, are you sure it was just weed? K2 and Spice can cause insane horrific panic attacks.

Update

It has gone nealry about 2 month since I got my psychos. Yet today I still have anxiety, very low self-esteem, none motivation to talk to people and meet new people like never before.

these are also symptoms of depression. it would be very unusual for this to be caused by one smoking session, so there may very well be something else going on.

I honestly think he smoked a version of K2 if you ask me. This is almost exactly like I felt after smoking just one hit of that garbage. I would almost bet money on that's what happened here. I have heard of weed doing this to people close to never compared to any K2 wannabe which it happens regularly. So, I think you smoked K2 and when I did it lasted months and months until I felt right again.