• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Got moved from Vicodin to tramadol will it work?

anauj0101

Greenlighter
I am used to taking about 30-40mg of vicodin snorted and had pain relief and mild high. I enjoy opiates but have now been moved to the generic form of tramadol 100mg(starts with a U or something). Will this still get me high? Will it even work on my pain? This is bogus.:|

It takes a rather large dose of tram to get high, which consequently lowers the seizure threshold. Tramadol is a multiple-receptor agonist with minimal activity at the mu (about 1/32nd the strength of codeine, or something like that), so euphoria and warmth are minimal. Yes this is bullshit, I agree with you. But it will help keep you out of WDs if you were addicted to Vicodin. And some opioid-naive people really like tramadol, who knows it may lower your tolerance, and it should take care of your pain as long as you don't have broken bones or multiple herniated discs, or some other severe injury. Try to look at it as a good thing. Just don't take too much please (keep it below 400 mg).

Why would a doctor move you from 30-40mg of hydrocodone to 100mg of tramadol? I'm sure tramadol will work for pain to an extent, but it's highly subjective whether or not you will feel any euphoria.

I have a rod in my leg from my knee all the way down to my foot. I only take the vicodin about 1 to 2 times a week. I guess if it sucks I will just call the doctor and tell him it sucks and is not working. From what I hear you cant sleep on it, so I will also use insomnia as an excuse.

Thanks

uh were you snorting 40mg worth of hydrocodone in vicodin form? geeze thats alot of powder and APAP on top of that

well if ut doesn't do the job for the pain just tell ur doc and i'm sure h'ell switvh u back...

IME tramadol is the least recreational opiate.. weaker than codeine IMO

I enjoy opiates but have now been moved to the generic form of tramadol 100mg(starts with a U or something). Will this still get me high? Will it even work on my pain?
Ultram. No it will not get you high unless you take an ungodly increased dose. Yes, it should work on your pain. It also can be addictive w/o you even knowing. And, to detox off it risks seizures. Ask for something else.

It did not have the apap but they were 5mg pills and yes still a lot of powder.

well if ut doesn't do the job for the pain just tell ur doc and i'm sure h'ell switvh u back...

IME tramadol is the least recreational opiate.. weaker than codeine IMO

I keep reading this on this site but when i took tramadol i was definatly high and in a very dreamy state with a huge stupid grin on my face and it litterally lasted 12 hours! How could this not be recreational? I found tramadol to be alot stronger of a high than codiene. Taking 150mg of tram was stronger than 270mg codiene and lasted 3times as long... this was all before i had much expierance with opiates though, no idea what it would be like now but after doing oxy for 2 years i think the tram is comparable to even that n/m being worse than codiene... bah nothing is worse than codiene!

I have just gotten home from work the leg is killing me from the doctors appointment. I just snorted 50mg and then ingested 50mg (big pills) I have some 5mg oxycodones still around would that help or kill me? The pills I was on before were 5mg oxycodone w/o apap.

I thought I'd chime in with an alternative opiate treatment.

The plant "Kratom" is extremely effective for getting off Rx opiates and alcohol and relieving you of W/D symptoms.

Once W/D is all over, the kratom can still be used for pain management and that mood lift with a motivational twist which is quite nice for being productive! I've been a daily user of plain bali leaf since July 07 when I used it to get off pod tea and I will never look back.

It also has anti-addictive properties so cravings to alcohol and other substances is reduced dramatically, and its a great source of fiber ;)

Check out www.thekratomforum.com if you'd like a great community! A source section to find quality leaf is on there as well. Either way, good luck!

Tramadol is not likely to provide euphoria due to the fact that its opiod receptor affinity is minor.

It will relieve your pain though... maybe thats enough?!

It depends on the person. I had mindblowing euphoria on Tramadol. We are talking just lay there and can't move, nodding out...
Doesn't happen now after years of use though. But I think most opiates have a cross tolerance. It seems like the Tramadol doesn't want to work anymore after I've been using Codeine

:) Yeah, thats what you get for an opiate newbie. That lasted for about a year and then the magic is gone. Now all I get is the stimulant effect that makes me run around like crazy and talk a million miles a minute. I guess I get kinda spun out and bug eyed on it. But the antidepressant effect is nice. At least I'm one happy motherfucker while I'm doing it.

Thats absolutly fascinating.

I wouldn't have thought about a stimulant effect.

The antidepressant effect is understandable considering the serotonin release though...

Yeah I have a theory that this might be why some people don't like it. They have a DOC,an opiate or stimulant and Tramadol blurs that line. OR it just doesn't work for them.
But I'm derailing...

Tramadol does not do much but it’s metabolite does a lot. If you are one of the rare “rapid metabolizers” then once your liver turns out enough M1 you will feel a great opiate effect (yes I believe there are “rapid metabolizers” out there - I can tell by their trading habits).

Do not snort or IV tramadol because then it never makes it to your liver and your body will never produce any M1.

If you get a habit then withdrawal will suck because it will be like kicking an opiate and antidepressant at the same time (serotonin effects).

You have 100 mg pills? I’ve only seen 50 mg and 100 mg slow release. Are yours the slow release?