• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Got caught up QUICK and DEEP w/ Fent pressed pills and need out now. Please help!

This is really solid advice. To late on the domes I took like 60-80mg a day the last handful of fast just took my last 60mg dose so now the fun starts.

I think I am going to refuse the subs though, my plan is to bite the bullet and tough it out from here hopefully the worst of the fent is out of my system. I am bringing my 6 Xanax bars to Hawaii with me along with a mountain of kratom and kratom extracts. Praying I’m above to have some normal relief by Monday the 10th, it’s the 6th currently
I would titrate down a few days or week via kratom to gear your body up then go to detox. Refuse suboxone and methadone, the idea is to be rid of opioids not playcate with another, even if the doctor says so. Its gonna come down to facing that pain one way or another unless you plan to be on opiates for the rest of your life. You will have to accept there is no circumventing the pain of withdrawal but you have things to look to after. Wife, 100k, whatever. Nutrient up, hydrate hard, kratom your receptors down a bit, go to detox. Gonna need mental strength for this ride

Just take 40 mg of methadone for 3 days then take 20 mg for 2 days and you should be ok. I have several friends that have kicked a 2 g a day habit with the methadone method .whatever you di do not go back to the f bro you will die rather rapidly if you do.

I wish I would have done smaller Mg methadone but that’s not to far away from what I did. I think I did 120mg day one, 80 mg day 2, 60 mg day 3, today my last day I did 50Mg and I’m done.

From here out just 6 Xanax and bunch of kratom and no going back no matter what! My mind is finally made up I’ve had enough but I hope I don’t spend the next week in pain.

Update 7/7 First of all thank you to all who took the time to reply. This forum has been a place of comfort for me.

It’s 8:45AM on Friday 7/7 I took my 50Mg of methadone exactly 24 hours ago. I expected today to be a rough day but I surprisingly woke up in no pain. Little runny nose and lethargic that’s it. I realize the Mtd might still be on the receptors.

The plan is to take kratom as needed from here on out. I still have 5 Xanax and will be taking them to Hawaii with me just in case. I’m not a fan of any sort of benzos and have never struggled with addiction to anything besides opiates so no concerned there.

But all in all so far I’ve gotten out pretty easy. My mindset is so made up I’m not going back no matter what. I fly to Hawaii tomorrow so here is to hoping things continue to get better day by day

Update 7/8 7AM, guys I think I did it! Today is 48 hours since my last MTD dose and I feel sober and normal. Mild discomfort and runny nose only symptoms and the OPmS krataom extracts. My wife is blown away, she keeps saying she sees me in my eyes again and I feel like myself. Not even bringing the subs to Hawaii I don’t think I’ll need em.

I’m bringing 2 Xanax bars just for plane rides and such but I thank I got out luckier this time. The 4 days of Methadone got me past the worst of the fent WD’s without developing a dependence to the methadone. I feel so thankful to feel like myself and wake up in no pain. I want out bad this time I think I’m done for good

Update 7/8 7AM, guys I think I did it! Today is 48 hours since my last MTD dose and I feel sober and normal. Mild discomfort and runny nose only symptoms and the OPmS krataom extracts. My wife is blown away, she keeps saying she sees me in my eyes again and I feel like myself. Not even bringing the subs to Hawaii I don’t think I’ll need em.

I’m bringing 2 Xanax bars just for plane rides and such but I thank I got out luckier this time. The 4 days of Methadone got me past the worst of the fent WD’s without developing a dependence to the methadone. I feel so thankful to feel like myself and wake up in no pain. I want out bad this time I think I’m done for good
:cheer: Well done and great to hear. Enjoy Hawaii........I'm jealous.

How did it go I’m currently going to use methadone to detox. Do you have any advice. When did you start taking it? How are you feeling now?

I hope the OP comes back an updates us after all the nail biting. lol Hope your well OP.

Hey @BackInTheFire88 :)

I regret not seeing this earlier. I see you've got a lot of bullshit to deal with. It's all good though. It's all possible, I can tell you from experience. Opioid withdrawal really can make everything so difficult. It robs you of a lot of your executive function. It's a very good idea to find someone you like here and put your trust into them so they can support you through this. You need support. You also need some blunt advice so you don't end up wasting time and energy.

You have a lot of extra stuff going on in your life. I get that. However, it's a good idea to do some serious self-evaluation here. You need to decide about your level of openness and honesty with your wife. I know you want this trip to work out. It might just be too complicated for you to pull of successfully. The only way I can picture this vacation going any kind of "good" would be for you not to attempt anything until after you get back.

I was an English teacher in my 20's and I was always addicted to Heroin for 90% of this time. I have gotten on airplanes before hoping for the best only for my problems to become infinitely more fucked up after leaving the comfort of my home and people. If you get there and shit pops off with your withdrawal, you could easily end up in the hospital in a strange area with your wife freaking the fuck out. She is going to be 10x more pissed off at you if you reveal this problem after flying to the most remote location in the entire world. I'm sure they have plenty of Fentanyl in Hawaii, but then you run the further risk of getting arrested/robbed/killed by the wrong person in the process. I imagine this would also piss your wife off.

I would highly advise against this idea of going to Hawaii while dealing with a $300/day Fent habit. This is your desperation and lack of control telling you to just keep going with the flow. You need to get right out in front of this. Either cancel the trip, tell your wife what's going on or better yet, do both.

Now let's look at the nitty gritty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would advise against using any Opioids other than your Kratom at this point. Methadone is contraindicated for your specific situation. It will only get you involved with a substance that works much differently than what you're familiar with. Fentanyl is quite short-acting while Methadone is of the longest-lasting Opioids used in medicine. It's highly effective for maintenane for these reasons.

I'm not sure what your usage is like for other substances. You are going to need to rely heavily on medications that will help relieve symptoms of withdrawal while also allowing you to progress through the stages of withdrawal. I'm going to tell you what I've done with success and hopefully we can find a way to tailor it to your needs.

Benzodiazepines - rather self-explanatory. These are powerful sedatives that act upon similar channels to Alcohol or Barbiturates. They are useful for relieving psyhoIogical symptoms like anxiety, depression and cravings. Very important is the fact that these will hopefully enable you to sleep. Fentanyl is short-acting, but extremely potent. This means that your real battle is going to be the first 72 hours. This means 72 hours completely without Opioids with no cheating.

Assuming you're able to stay at home and rest through this process, I would recommend dosages of Benzodiazepines that might seem very high. They are. The goal is to get yourself sedated enough that you're able to get at least 3-4 hours of sleep per night. It doesn't have to be great sleep, just some. Even minute amounts of sleep pay dividends in keeping you on track through the process.

I would advise up to 4mg Alprazolam in a sitting (preferably less) up to 3 times per day. This is only to get you through the harshness of the first 72 hours. This will basically make you into a half-awake zombie for the duration, but that's fine. At this stage, we're just trying t make time pass with as little trauma as possible. You need to figure out how much you need to get where you need to be. These are very high dosages so you need to make sure you're not driving or otherwise responsible for anyone other than yourself.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) of Pregabalin (Lyrica) - these are the secret weapons for many an Opioid user. They have a tremendous ability to relieve some of the more severe symptoms of withdrawal. The end effect of taking them in the proper quantities will mean relief from anxiety, insomnia and most importantly, Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia. The latter is often stated as the most crippling symptoms of withdrawal; the uncontrollable urge to move the limbs that prevents us from resting for even a moment. The above stated drugs are magic for withdrawal.

Gabapentin would be best taken at 300mg 3x per day to start. This could easily be escalated to 6x per day. It will depend upon how the medication works for you. Pregabalin works in much the same way as Gabapentin. It's more potent, with 600mg Gabapentin = 100mg Pregabalin. The end result will be essentially the same.

Both Gabapentin and Pregabalin are available on the street, but for someone with a trusted physician in their lives, obtaining a month's worth of Gabapentin is as easy as complaining of neuropathy. Gabapentin must be taken in separate dosages of only 300mg at a time. If the dosage needs to be increased you only increase the frequency and not the per-dosage unit. Pregabalin does not work in this way; it works essentially like any other medication.

Clonidine (Catapres) this is a blood pressure medication that is quite handy, but is of less general importance than the previous two listed. Essnetially, if you have all three of these, they work very well in tandem. By utilizing all three of these together, getting through the 3 days of Fentanyl withdrawal can seem much more doable.

Cannabis - Appetite, insomnia, anxiety. Pretty self-explanatory if you know Cannabis.

This information is a good place to start. If you need extra assistance, you can send me a PM or talk to me here in the thread. This is just my method of doing things, but I do swear by it, as do many others who have had success with it.

I'm not a genius. I do know a lot about drugs and Opioid addiction. Together we can figure this all out man. Just keep the faith going and keep talking to us. We won't let you fall, I promise.

The above advice is great. Last year I tried to come off methadone and ended up on fentanyl then had to quit both using suboxone.

Street fentanyl can be long acting . It could take a couple days before even getting bad withdrawal.
I doubt you would enjoy your trip.

Benzos and clonidine helps. I can't take Lyrica but heard it helps quite a bit.

I wish you the best and keep telling yourself that it's just temporary.

Hello To This Beautiful community,

I’ve crept through these post for years at different stages of my life but finally have found myself needing to make my first post.

Long story short I’ve struggled with opiates most my life, met my current wife while in addiction in 2016 hid it from her for a year and a half until she finally found out and before nearly losing her I got clean in 2017 for over 5 years and had the greatest stretch of my life.

Cleaned my credit up, secured and thrived in a career that allowed me to make 250k + annually and built up 6 figure bank account. Got my health in order, built a great loving marriage I finally had the life I had always prayed for.

And then I relapsed 😭😭. It happen so swift, wife wanted mushroom bars I met with an old dealer and bought 6 Oxy 30’s to smoke. Well I’d been out the game 5 years I had no idea there were actually pressed fent pills. Bought a couple more batches, 4 at a time; then 10. Within 2 weeks I was waking up in the middle of the night in withdrawal. I knew I was back in the fire again.

Problem is I had plenty of money so couple hundred here and there didn’t even make a dent. I’m now nearly 3 months in with a $200-$300 a day habit. Probably blown through 20k+

My wife has a great intuition and has recognized something was wrong but I’ve lied and hid it from her. She even drugs test me frequently but I’ve passed because fent doesn’t show up.

I know I’m in to deep and I want out bad! So early this week I tried to quit cold Turkey and my God the withdrawal is awful. My wife didn’t know what I’m going through and would jump on me so rough every time I feel bad and give me a hard time and the irritability would send me back to the dealer.

We leave for Hawaii for 10 days on July 8th and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get more and didn’t want to withdraw so I bought a few Suboxone thinking I could do a rapid detox. Got 30 hours in past my last fent dose in major withdrawal took 1/5 a sub strip and was sent into precipitated w/d. It was hell I had to run back to the fent for relief.

I want our so bad, I’m on the verge of losing my wonderful marriage. So I finally bit the bullet and came clean. As you can imagine just the word fentanyl sent her into a panic. But she says she is going to try to support me through this. When I’m not in addition I’m such a loving, compassionate and selfless lover. But the addiction takes every bit of light God blessed me with.

Sorry for the long back story, but the reason I’m here is to see if anyone can help me figure out the best way to use the comfort meds I have to get past this withdrawal.

I have about 350mg of methadone pills, 3 Suboxone 8mg strips, plenty of red Bali kratom and OPMS Gold kratom extracts and 8 Xanax bars.

I’m thinking of taking about 100mg of methadone a day for the first 3 days to hopefully get most the fent out my system. Maybe 50Mg the 4th day. Then move to the kratom and hope to continue on that through my trip in Hawaii. After 3 days or so if Im still in hell I’ll take small pieces of the strips as needed to get through my vacation

For reference I’ve been smoking 5-10 fent pills for about 6-8 week. Sorry again for the long ran but what do you guys think of the plan? Any changes you would make? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
I’m so happy to have stumbled upon this post because I do believe I can help you.
In my experience, tapering with fent is so fragile due to how strong it is and unreliable dosing can be. I tried it and in the end, just wasted my resources I needed for other things and endured the HELL withdrawals anyway. It was so bad if I’d have had a gun I may have shot myself. That said, I didn’t know I’d go to hell either. Glad I was stuck in bed. The good news is: fent dependence occurs in only 48 hrs but the worst of the wds is over in 24 hrs. 48 hrs and you’ll be over with the worst. What you get in 30 days of sub wds you get in 1-2 days. Which reeeeally sucks but it’s really over fast. That’s the better option really if you can comfort itself with that fact.
Aside from that, Kratom isn’t a total waste of time to knock the edge off of the pain. Strains never mattered to me. All same to me anyway.
It wouldn’t be a good time to have conversations with any actual important people that you don’t trust to come apart in front of, but having company can help for sure. You need someone to bring things to you and so forth. At least 24 hrs worth.
I went thru mine after desperately trying to dodge it and realizing I couldn’t. Bad 24hrs and not great next 24 and then back to where I started.
The height of intensity of pain was very short compared to sub detox or any acute wds I’ve ever known or experienced. I was pleasantly surprised. Intense pain but oh so short. Suboxone should be illegal if you consider harm being done, lol. Ahh that’s debatable too. We all grow to hate ever what hurt us or trapped us the worst or hardest. When the problem the whole time was that we believed lies and no presence of or absence of a chemical changes that.
What I mean by saying this, is that according to actual truth and mind you there’s only one reliable source for such - we will be what we believe we are. Combine that with the reality that we do not have to be defiled by anything that goes into our bodies. Reference Matthew 15 and mark 7 KJV. Defile = demons = which manifest inside of us in one of two ways. Way one - sin we walk in. Way two - health abnormalities of ever what kind.
Addiction is defilement technically speaking. Now it’s much more difficult to be inside of one or currently dependent and alter beliefs when you are feeling and actually are presently defiled. However not impossible. I drank Mountain Dew daily for weeks and did not experience any wds upon choosing not to. We become defiled by our sin and any (esp willful) disobedience to God is sin. That doesn’t mean we will be defiled necessarily but safe to say if you get right with God and connect to Him, no sin goes unpunished - absent of possibility with immediate remorse and confession. I say possibility due to fact that many times I beg God to forgive me and he says yes. Then I say will I still get punished for it and He has yet to say no. Sometimes I just don’t ask, hoping mercy finds me. But technically not going to hell is enough mercy in order not to complain of the rest.
Choosing to believe Jesus words in those two chapters contradicts all the world teaches us. But deciding to believe it is true no matter what I feel or no matter what thoughts go thru my head, combined with no being around ppl who will pound the opposite into ur head until you’re established in this belief firmly, is what led to my biggest breakthru ever. It landed me so deep in the Holy Spirit I’d not trade it for anything. I had to hold tight to the belief for 2 days and on the third day, it became effortless and regardless of my consumptions I was fine largely. I wasn’t instantly healed of all issues but more so than that, I didn’t “need” anything anymore. I barely used anything at all for about 3 weeks until my depth of Spirit perception lessened. It comes and goes at extremes. But there’s only one right way and that’s Jesus way. “He who has my words and keeps them shall never taste death”

I’m so happy to have stumbled upon this post because I do believe I can help you.
In my experience, tapering with fent is so fragile due to how strong it is and unreliable dosing can be. I tried it and in the end, just wasted my resources I needed for other things and endured the HELL withdrawals anyway. It was so bad if I’d have had a gun I may have shot myself. That said, I didn’t know I’d go to hell either. Glad I was stuck in bed. The good news is: fent dependence occurs in only 48 hrs but the worst of the wds is over in 24 hrs. 48 hrs and you’ll be over with the worst. What you get in 30 days of sub wds you get in 1-2 days. Which reeeeally sucks but it’s really over fast. That’s the better option really if you can comfort itself with that fact.
Aside from that, Kratom isn’t a total waste of time to knock the edge off of the pain. Strains never mattered to me. All same to me anyway.
It wouldn’t be a good time to have conversations with any actual important people that you don’t trust to come apart in front of, but having company can help for sure. You need someone to bring things to you and so forth. At least 24 hrs worth.
I went thru mine after desperately trying to dodge it and realizing I couldn’t. Bad 24hrs and not great next 24 and then back to where I started.
The height of intensity of pain was very short compared to sub detox or any acute wds I’ve ever known or experienced. I was pleasantly surprised. Intense pain but oh so short. Suboxone should be illegal if you consider harm being done, lol. Ahh that’s debatable too. We all grow to hate ever what hurt us or trapped us the worst or hardest. When the problem the whole time was that we believed lies and no presence of or absence of a chemical changes that.
What I mean by saying this, is that according to actual truth and mind you there’s only one reliable source for such - we will be what we believe we are. Combine that with the reality that we do not have to be defiled by anything that goes into our bodies. Reference Matthew 15 and mark 7 KJV. Defile = demons = which manifest inside of us in one of two ways. Way one - sin we walk in. Way two - health abnormalities of ever what kind.
Addiction is defilement technically speaking. Now it’s much more difficult to be inside of one or currently dependent and alter beliefs when you are feeling and actually are presently defiled. However not impossible. I drank Mountain Dew daily for weeks and did not experience any wds upon choosing not to. We become defiled by our sin and any (esp willful) disobedience to God is sin. That doesn’t mean we will be defiled necessarily but safe to say if you get right with God and connect to Him, no sin goes unpunished - absent of possibility with immediate remorse and confession. I say possibility due to fact that many times I beg God to forgive me and he says yes. Then I say will I still get punished for it and He has yet to say no. Sometimes I just don’t ask, hoping mercy finds me. But technically not going to hell is enough mercy in order not to complain of the rest.
Choosing to believe Jesus words in those two chapters contradicts all the world teaches us. But deciding to believe it is true no matter what I feel or no matter what thoughts go thru my head, combined with no being around ppl who will pound the opposite into ur head until you’re established in this belief firmly, is what led to my biggest breakthru ever. It landed me so deep in the Holy Spirit I’d not trade it for anything. I had to hold tight to the belief for 2 days and on the third day, it became effortless and regardless of my consumptions I was fine largely. I wasn’t instantly healed of all issues but more so than that, I didn’t “need” anything anymore. I barely used anything at all for about 3 weeks until my depth of Spirit perception lessened. It comes and goes at extremes. But there’s only one right way and that’s Jesus way. “He who has my words and keeps them shall never taste death”

If I had a nickel for every time I would've shot myself in the head when I was sick. Jesus. Don't go that route. If I had been a good moderator, I would've read the entire thread before taking 25 minutes to type that guide, seeing as how OP is now happy and healthy. Well, it's their for posterity; for the next poor sap to get severely addicted to Fentanyl, hide it from his wife and fly to Hawaii. It'll happen again. I'll bide my time until then.

I've never met a junkie whose faith in God got him clean. I think it's great to believe in something spiritual. I don't think it's good to expect your faith to solve your problems, as that's not how the world we live in works. We were given hands, brains and all of that, I feel, for a reason. I believe faith, which is a belief in good over evil is meant to drive our actions in combination with our free-will. Anyway, faith is great, but it seems to be a poor substitute for drugs and a well-designed taper.

^ I second that.

Stay away from kratom, you are messing with SSRI stuff there which is not a problem you need right now.

You probably don't need more than 2mg suboxone and definitely not more than 4mg. If you need 2-3 days of 8mg just to get over the first few days get to 4mg or less ASAP.

As a "Hail Mary" for your marriage, might be stupid idea but if you have the money you can get an implant of suboxone or naltrexone where you can't feel use, although with the garbage on the street now even that's becoming unreliable.

Get to meetings if that helps, get to detox if that helps, do 30 days of rehab if that's the only thing that is going to save you, I would have if I had that option.

It's only the last 2 months I am stable on suboxone and it sure as hell beats the alternative. I hate suboxone, but that keeps me going lower every week.

Keep us updated, and give yourself a break. Don't wait until tomorrow.

Hello To This Beautiful community,

I’ve crept through these post for years at different stages of my life but finally have found myself needing to make my first post.

Long story short I’ve struggled with opiates most my life, met my current wife while in addiction in 2016 hid it from her for a year and a half until she finally found out and before nearly losing her I got clean in 2017 for over 5 years and had the greatest stretch of my life.

Cleaned my credit up, secured and thrived in a career that allowed me to make 250k + annually and built up 6 figure bank account. Got my health in order, built a great loving marriage I finally had the life I had always prayed for.

And then I relapsed 😭😭. It happen so swift, wife wanted mushroom bars I met with an old dealer and bought 6 Oxy 30’s to smoke. Well I’d been out the game 5 years I had no idea there were actually pressed fent pills. Bought a couple more batches, 4 at a time; then 10. Within 2 weeks I was waking up in the middle of the night in withdrawal. I knew I was back in the fire again.

Problem is I had plenty of money so couple hundred here and there didn’t even make a dent. I’m now nearly 3 months in with a $200-$300 a day habit. Probably blown through 20k+

My wife has a great intuition and has recognized something was wrong but I’ve lied and hid it from her. She even drugs test me frequently but I’ve passed because fent doesn’t show up.

I know I’m in to deep and I want out bad! So early this week I tried to quit cold Turkey and my God the withdrawal is awful. My wife didn’t know what I’m going through and would jump on me so rough every time I feel bad and give me a hard time and the irritability would send me back to the dealer.

We leave for Hawaii for 10 days on July 8th and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get more and didn’t want to withdraw so I bought a few Suboxone thinking I could do a rapid detox. Got 30 hours in past my last fent dose in major withdrawal took 1/5 a sub strip and was sent into precipitated w/d. It was hell I had to run back to the fent for relief.

I want our so bad, I’m on the verge of losing my wonderful marriage. So I finally bit the bullet and came clean. As you can imagine just the word fentanyl sent her into a panic. But she says she is going to try to support me through this. When I’m not in addition I’m such a loving, compassionate and selfless lover. But the addiction takes every bit of light God blessed me with.

Sorry for the long back story, but the reason I’m here is to see if anyone can help me figure out the best way to use the comfort meds I have to get past this withdrawal.

I have about 350mg of methadone pills, 3 Suboxone 8mg strips, plenty of red Bali kratom and OPMS Gold kratom extracts and 8 Xanax bars.

I’m thinking of taking about 100mg of methadone a day for the first 3 days to hopefully get most the fent out my system. Maybe 50Mg the 4th day. Then move to the kratom and hope to continue on that through my trip in Hawaii. After 3 days or so if Im still in hell I’ll take small pieces of the strips as needed to get through my vacation

For reference I’ve been smoking 5-10 fent pills for about 6-8 week. Sorry again for the long ran but what do you guys think of the plan? Any changes you would make? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
I'm so sorry you are going through this.

think op did well , im happy to start sleeping again after 3 weeks nm go on holiday 7 days later. i must be getting old ... is it old age or summit to do with the body remembering the last fook up and punishing u lol

My wife has been trying to kick this fent habit we got into. I’m next. She went 100 hours then took a 8mg strip and went into bad PWD. After all the comfort meds we could not get her to relax so she took 3 pressed ms. Does the clock restart? Can she take more subs now? I was sad to see PWD after 100 hours she was doing great. I should have helped her resist the strip for longer.

What I have thought is to use Kratom and go 5-6 days then a strip. I have always failed because 3-4 days is not enough for sub.

Thanks for the help. I will start a thread.

well i hope you made it, and i hope you all understand that you do not always have to consume something to defeat something else. mental strength is a drug in its own right.

In my state there is something called marchman act which is as close as you can get to forcing someone clean. It's court orders to get into treatment and do all follow up reccomendations, and if you dont you goto jail for violating a court order then get out and have to restart the rehab again. OR you can just get yourself locked up, the honestly least painful way to detox I've ever had was in jail - your brain knows you're fucked and you can't do anything. When I was on opiates, I got off a few years ago, there was no possible way I was going to stop or detox voluntarily. Even though it's what I wanted and would put my honest best effort into it, I could never commit to a program or abstinence for longer then a week. And that's when I wsn't even using super high amts of opiates (relatively). The easier detox in jail is when the wds were usually the worst, between h and benzos.