• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Got a tonsillectomy, how long until I can smoke bud?

cigritsoda

Greenlighter
So I got a tonsillectomy 5 days ago, and tomorrow I'm going to my buddys house to jam. I'm not worried about prolonging my recovery, I'm just worried about inducing bleeding and having to go back to the hospital. I had three drags off a cigarette today and had no problems, is there anyone who can enlighten me on this subject?

If I were you, I would be very careful. A little bud isn't worth the possible medical expenses you may cause yourself. That being said, that does not mean you cannot smoke at all. I would take small, preferably water filtered, hits. Don't make yourself cough! Then again, do your research/call your doctor about smoking (say cigs) and make the decision for yourself. After all, it is your body and it is how you feel about it that ultimately matters.

Ask your doc how long you should wait before smoking again?

If you're smoking cigs with no problemo, then a bit of weed probably won't be that bad.

Weed smoke is hotter than tobacco smoke, though.
Do you have access to a vaporizer?

I appreciate the response, I smoked today a good amount and it went well with little to no pain and no bleeding. I'm taking it slow though