• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Got 5 minutes to order!!! What?

Base23

Bluelighter
It’s 9:55 on a Friday night, you and your kitchen crew have done well over 500 people in 6 hours give or take a few minutes.

Everyone in the kitchen is in a good mood some are wiping down their stations, cleaning the flattop grill, and wrapping up their veg and other sources of culinary amazements within the busy professional kitchen.

But then about less than a minute later on of the servers walks in the kitchen and says, “ hey chef, we got a five top”. So all the early cleaning and breaking down of your station doesn’t mean jack shit if you gotta break out your egg wash and bread crumbs out just in case one out of those five hacks wants a veal Parmesan. Yes if you are wondering it’s possible to work extra efficiently extra anal clean, but by the time the order gets sent back to the kitchen it’s almost an hour after closing time (took them an hour because of course they had to blow a few hundred on a bottle of old shit red wine) you look at the check and see three of those five dishes are for you, but then you see the real punch and kick in the nuts when you see the words 18oz T-bone cooked well done and a 14oz ribeye cooked med well.

Now your night is shot to shit and that means it’s going to be an extremely late night for the entire kitchen crew.

To All the people that do dine out to eat at your fine dining restaurants, casual dining spots, gastro pubs, sports bars, hole in the wall sandwich shops, breakfast and lunch diners, and any other restaurants that I didn’t name there really should be a law that you shouldn’t enter a place to eat with only 20 minutes or less to order because you are holding everyone up the cook, dishwasher, and that server who just ran he or she ass off and working their 3rd double in a row.

I know a lot of folks that don’t work in hospitality and food service are thinking well it’s their job NO!!! It’s common curtesy. So for my front of the house and of course back of the house restaurant workers, Thank You! And God Bless you guys! And next time if you’re hungry and you look at the clock and it’s 8:45 and the diner up the street closes at 9 go to your fridge and make a sandwich! Peace.

It’s 9:55 on a Friday night, you and your kitchen crew have done well over 500 people in 6 hours give or take a few minutes.

Everyone in the kitchen is in a good mood some are wiping down their stations, cleaning the flattop grill, and wrapping up their veg and other sources of culinary amazements within the busy professional kitchen.

But then about less than a minute later on of the servers walks in the kitchen and says, “ hey chef, we got a five top”. So all the early cleaning and breaking down of your station doesn’t mean jack shit if you gotta break out your egg wash and bread crumbs out just in case one out of those five hacks wants a veal Parmesan. Yes if you are wondering it’s possible to work extra efficiently extra anal clean, but by the time the order gets sent back to the kitchen it’s almost an hour after closing time (took them an hour because of course they had to blow a few hundred on a bottle of old shit red wine) you look at the check and see three of those five dishes are for you, but then you see the real punch and kick in the nuts when you see the words 18oz T-bone cooked well done and a 14oz ribeye cooked med well.

Now your night is shot to shit and that means it’s going to be an extremely late night for the entire kitchen crew.

To All the people that do dine out to eat at your fine dining restaurants, casual dining spots, gastro pubs, sports bars, hole in the wall sandwich shops, breakfast and lunch diners, and any other restaurants that I didn’t name there really should be a law that you shouldn’t enter a place to eat with only 20 minutes or less to order because you are holding everyone up the cook, dishwasher, and that server who just ran he or she ass off and working their 3rd double in a row.

I know a lot of folks that don’t work in hospitality and food service are thinking well it’s their job NO!!! It’s common curtesy. So for my front of the house and of course back of the house restaurant workers, Thank You! And God Bless you guys! And next time if you’re hungry and you look at the clock and it’s 8:45 and the diner up the street closes at 9 go to your fridge and make a sandwich! Peace.
I feel ya, man. I worked FOH for years in college then took a couple decades off and found myself back there part time now. The customers with half a brain will walk up at 10 minutes till 9 and ask if we are still serving or able to handle a 6 top this late, at which point I say, "Umm... well.... what time is it again?...." You know, kind of play dumb and let them figure it out for themselves. But it's a fine line because of course the GM and owner insists we take customers until 9pm on the fucking dot. But yeah, fuck management and fuck the assholes who barge in that late :mad:

Besides, what kind of troglodyte eats a well done steak anyways? Prolly kind that has to smother it in steak sauce to choke it down.