• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Google not showing results for drug related stuff

nhilisticcboi

Greenlighter
Has anyone noticed over the last few years that when you google ANYTHING drug related these days it only shows you government ran helplines and never actual answers

I used to just type "blue-light" at the end of questions but even that doesn't work these days

So I'm wondering how do you find out your information, what tricks do you use to avoid this happening?

I personally think it's so fucked up that Google does this, it's incredibly dangerous and it feels like they're hiding this information from addicts because they hate us. It's incredibly dangerous for the internet to withhold harm reduction from the internet and I bet you so many people have died because they couldn't find answers for questions

they need to make some official drug sites that just contain accepted information because of what the OP is saying and then stuff like reddit where it's just people saying stuff that blatantly isn't true... i particularly notice stuff about lsd tolerance that is off and people saying stuff like they don't make tabs over 100ugs on reddit.. it's completley ridiculous the way the net is... i mean, psych-wicki is alright, they had erowid and the people on blue light do a pretty good job to get factual information, but kids just going on reddit and going by some of the stuff people say because the way search engines are, it's not right. some one really needs to clean up the net.

i always link to this site on reddit https://www.infiniterecovery.com/substance-abuse/lsd-tolerance/ and get downvoted because it's a recovery site. there is supposedly some site you can find on the net the lsd tolerence trip calculator or something and it tells people you need to go like weeks in between doses, so this is the common acceptance among people that just read the net... this recovery site i link i'm pretty sure asked actual users, because everyone i know generally accepts that 4 days is how long to take a break and then your tolerance will return to normal.. people are saying you need to really up your dose a lot even after like a week... bad info imo. i've experimented with this a lot and would assume that maybe i have a different tolerance because i'm schizophrenic but i know some people that i trust that say 4 days and they can trip again fine on the same dose and they aren't schizo or anything. just bad info from trip calculator and bound to get people in trouble if they have a certain tolerance. i assume people can be dramitcally different tolerence wise from all the stuff people report... there is actual a post on reddit today about a person saying that got in over their head trusting all the consensus that there is only 100ug tabs.. pretty funny in a way, but also not cool. i'm pretty sure i was reading other sites on the net saying that 3-4 days is enough time to take off between trips... people on reddit if you say you can trip more often are like "but that's not enough time to absorb the spiritual trip" and stuff, and others that are just like "NO it won't work at all unless you take weeks or even months off"

Has anyone noticed over the last few years that when you google ANYTHING drug related these days it only shows you government ran helplines and never actual answers

I used to just type "blue-light" at the end of questions but even that doesn't work these days

So I'm wondering how do you find out your information, what tricks do you use to avoid this happening?

I personally think it's so fucked up that Google does this, it's incredibly dangerous and it feels like they're hiding this information from addicts because they hate us. It's incredibly dangerous for the internet to withhold harm reduction from the internet and I bet you so many people have died because they couldn't find answers for questions
Science direct is a good start. That helps understand pharmacology, the wiki page will have decent info some times. Is safe search on? Duckduckgo works well for me. That or I'm sure tor, but it takes 3 mins to boot.
Edit: drugs-forum, drugsforumuk, dmt-nexus, shroomery, erowid, other drugs forum sites aren't hard to find either if you just type "drug forums" with no quotes

Google probably does hate drug addict questions. They don't financially gain from that, which is why. What company wants to pay Google for ads that appear in drug addict posts/questions? Ads make Google a lot of money

they need to make some official drug sites that just contain accepted information because of what the OP is saying and then stuff like reddit where it's just people saying stuff that blatantly isn't true... i particularly notice stuff about lsd tolerance that is off and people saying stuff like they don't make tabs over 100ugs on reddit.. it's completley ridiculous the way the net is... i mean, psych-wicki is alright, they had erowid and the people on blue light do a pretty good job to get factual information, but kids just going on reddit and going by some of the stuff people say because the way search engines are, it's not right. some one really needs to clean up the net.

i always link to this site on reddit https://www.infiniterecovery.com/substance-abuse/lsd-tolerance/ and get downvoted because it's a recovery site. there is supposedly some site you can find on the net the lsd tolerence trip calculator or something and it tells people you need to go like weeks in between doses, so this is the common acceptance among people that just read the net... this recovery site i link i'm pretty sure asked actual users, because everyone i know generally accepts that 4 days is how long to take a break and then your tolerance will return to normal.. people are saying you need to really up your dose a lot even after like a week... bad info imo. i've experimented with this a lot and would assume that maybe i have a different tolerance because i'm schizophrenic but i know some people that i trust that say 4 days and they can trip again fine on the same dose and they aren't schizo or anything. just bad info from trip calculator and bound to get people in trouble if they have a certain tolerance. i assume people can be dramitcally different tolerence wise from all the stuff people report... there is actual a post on reddit today about a person saying that got in over their head trusting all the consensus that there is only 100ug tabs.. pretty funny in a way, but also not cool. i'm pretty sure i was reading other sites on the net saying that 3-4 days is enough time to take off between trips... people on reddit if you say you can trip more often are like "but that's not enough time to absorb the spiritual trip" and stuff, and others that are just like "NO it won't work at all unless you take weeks or even months off"
You can trip again on the 4th day, yes. I've seen it on scientific sites somewhere and it was common knowledge in the early 70's.
You may have some residual tolerance on the 4th day but I'm not sure if it is actual tolerance or just that you are more used to and familiar with the effects. Yes, if a person increased dose too much on the 4th day they could run into trouble.

Use an browser that guarantee's anomity. Like DuckDuckGo, Bluelight is right on the top. Not on every search engine is the same, setting your preffered language on English (UK) assure's you get mainly English hit's.

Fine tuning your search by using diff combo's of description what you want to find can also help.

I noticed it. Few years ago if I searched for withdrawal stories a bunch of forum posts would show, now its just sites for recovery and addiction treatment.

Yup it only shows helplines and rehab info . Just come here to blue light or Reddit has a thread or sub for just about anything .

Type your search then type "site:bluelight.org" at the end without the inverted commas and you'll be golden.

Yeah it's been an issue for a long time now. Much harder to find info on stuff that isn't entirely safe but also isn't going to cause serious harm with infrequent use.

Google sucks in general now. It has been taken over by commercial and political interests. I haven't tried using it since the pandemic when they admited to censoring sites that spoke against the narrarive. They are just another political big tech firm now, no different than Facebook or IG.

Google sucks, they are so fucking intrusive and controlling. They are a Big Brother wannabe, entity.