• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good set setting for shroom trip?

I'm a firm believer that the most introspective trips must be solo trips (maybe with the exception of smoked DMT or a similarly intense trip where you completely leave reality - then it makes no difference if there's anyone there with you or not). Having a sitter around is definitely distracting, and prevents you from being 100% open to the psychedelic experience. Even if you are comfortable with the other person/people, no one is 100% themselves when not alone.

I suggest having friends around to find the dose you need to accomplish what you need to accomplish on your trip, get comfortable with that dose, but plan to do your deepest introspection alone.

Using mushrooms vice a pure chemical is more difficult though. Too easy to under or overdose because 5g of the same species of shrooms will still contain a highly variable amount of psilocybin. OP: Is there any reason you specifically want to do this trip on shrooms instead of a drug you can more precisely measure?
This.
If you are inexperienced with mushrooms definitely have a friend around, however once you get a feel for the drug you can do it on your own

Not sure why, but when I click "edit", my above post is blank. Never had that happen before.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that a love interest would be a terrible sitter for an introspective trip! A lover who knows you well, awesome, but love interest - you'd likely be very pre-occupied with thinking about how she's feeling, trying to not do anything to put her off, etc. Just think about how you act when beginning to date someone compared to in a relationship! It would be a very restrictive trip. And there's always the possibility that you might blow things with her while really fucked up. Chances are she'll understand that you're tripping balls, but still, not an ideal situation for just a potential partner.

Zeeman; the main reason is I have them readily available and I have heard of them being very good for this sort of trip, the duration and after effects also play a role. I need a quick recovery and from research and experience mudhrooms are the best for that when dealing with the classic psychedilics not counting dmt.

Would grinding them into a powder help with eveninh out the potency in that batch at least?

Would grinding them into a powder help with eveninh out the potency in that batch at least?

Yes it would.
If you're using a weed grinder, you might want to soak it in isopropyl alcohol afterwards to get rid of that gnarly mushroom smell!

I am a nature advocate, day trip camp setting. Water, some snacks packed up and somewhat secluded familiar setting. I was always drawn to the outside on shrooms. Being inside seeing the walls move, watching patterns from on the carpet, seems like a waste when compared to how cool green life looks. A lawn of grass can be much more interesting, and sky and sun, and starts and moon beat moving walls any day of the week.

when you look at the moon and it looks like a flower you know you are 'there' and in a good place with shrooms

when the moon zigs and zags across the sky like a deflating baloon and everything turns purple and green and you hear a loud wa wa wa wa wa wa wa sound, you know you have done way to much LSD but a menthol cig will make everything better, to bad you have the pack, but you can't find a fire source..... no matches and you seem to have lost your lighter .... ahhh to be young and careless again.......

I decided to take 3.5 grams early this morning. Good decision to only go with the eighth, bad decision to do it this morning after not sleeping and getting home from a long drive at 3 am. That being said it was a difficult but necessary experience. It was very intense a little more so than I had expected that dose to be in the first place but it wasn't a problem to handle. Glad I didn't oush it to 5 though. I got what I wanted out of the experience so i guess that's all I can ask for. Thanks guys