View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good set setting for shroom trip?

Lackasham

Bluelighter
Ok so I'm always posting something like this and it always backfires last minute but this time I have the shrooms and time secured! So this will happen.

I plan on solo tripping for the first time (finally) with shrooms on Saturday morning. I have done shrooms a handful of times doses ranging from 2-3.5g with little effects but I have a great deal of experience with acid.

I plan on dosing 5 grams (I have 7) at 4 am on Saturday morning in the comfort of my own home. I have option to go outside if need be and music handy.

I am in the beginning of a wonderful life opportunity but some of my old bad habits are holding me back namely habitual cannibas use. im caught between the person I was and the person I want to be and im looking to boost myself forward to that person I want to be. Obviously a shroom trip isn't going to magically make that happen but I am taking other steps as well.

I am mainly worried about never actually tripping hard on shrooms before. I want a strong experience but first time solo with a substance I haven't fully experienced is a bit daunting. I don't want to take an eighth and have nothing happen again but I know 5 grams can be tough for even experienced users to handle. My plan is to just go where it takes me and I feel like that's always a good way to approach it but what do you guys think?

At home is best, preferably with a trip sitter nearby. My favorite experiences is tripping around my apartment after my lady has gone to bed and knows what I'm doing. So much simple fun...

Start dosing low and gradually eat more and more over the course of several hours. Don't eat a handful all at once, that's how you get a rough come-up, anxiety, stomach cramps, seizures, etc.. A gram or so an hour usually provides a great, comfortable experience. And yes, mushrooms are very likely to help you in the area you are looking to address with yourself, that's precisely what they do for me. I also find that profound experiences are not reliant on dose. I've eaten less than a gram and had mind expanding experiences, and I've also ate several grams and just got a little silly, from the same batch! Don't think you will need a certain amount to achieve a "good" experience. Like I said, just slowly eat them until you don't want to push any further.

Have fun and be safe! Mushrooms are the best thing in the whole world. If I had to chose one thing to take to an island with me... :)

No offense Stranger, but i'm always an advocator of dosing moderately for a first trip. I find full immersion to be an integral aspect of introducing people to psychedelics for many reasons.

Taking the shrooms slowly will ruin the peak and the user might not break through. There's a state of weirdness of psychedelics when you under dose, and then there's tripping. I think an eighth in the proper setting is a perfect introductory dose to psychedelics. The user wont wonder why they aren't tripping and they also won't go insane. First trips are usually accompanied by the desire to have an intense experience in my opinion. Smaller dosages come into play later, after the user goes through a couple honeymooners.

I appreciate both of your input but Crashing; I am no stranger to psychedelics I have dosed LSD 20+ times ranging from moderate to heavy doses and I've taken shrooms 3 times the first being 2 grams with little to no effects next two with 3.5 grams with the same result.

Stranger; I appreciate the advice but IME redosing psychedelics is quite wasteful....have you had luck redosing other psychs?

Oh my bad. Strange you didnt get effects off an eighth. Guess it depends on shroom quality, what did they look like?

Not sure how to attach pictures from mobile but if you google dried golden teacher pretty much just like that. I experience slight effects from an eighth the ground grew if I looked at it for a couple seconds and minor things like that but not much more

So they were most likely p. cubensis. Strange man strange, i've had an eighth of those put me into a ++++. First time i tried shrooms nothing happened at 2g, second time i tried it was my first trip ever at 5gs, now i consider 3.5 to be strong.

I know! It's so weird I was prepared for an eighth to knock me on my ass and when it didn't I thought it was a fluke so I tried it again fully expecting a very intense trip and nothing again. It sucks being that underwhelmed when you mentally prepare for a wild ride. That's why I want to take 5 grams to make sure I get there but I'm skeptical if those first two trips were flukes

I wouldn't be as reserved if I was with buddies just because i would have some sort of tether to reality (although 5 g is a bit out of the buddy range) and I would have s problem solo if it was lsd given my experience but 5 g's alone for the first time has me a little uneasy. I think I can handle it but handling it and being where you want to be comfortably are two very different things

The potency between different batches of cubensis can vary wildly.
9 grams of one kind I bought did not get me as high as 3 grams of another kind.
Always tread carefully with mushrooms, an eighth should be more than enough if they are strong, it might even be to much if you are inexperienced.
With only three attempts it is not enough to chalk it up to simply natural tolerance yet

Holy Toast; the only thing I have to say about that is I had a friend take an eighth from the same half oz and he tripped very hard. That being said I completely agree. 3 trips is much to small of a sample size given that there is no way of knowing how potent my mushroom were. Maybe I could try 4 grams and see how that goes? I really do not want to be underwhelmed again but I agree that I should be cautious especially considering I will be alone in this endeavor

Re-dosing mushrooms works better than any other drug I've ever re-dosed on. I can bring back my initial peak, or go even higher if desired, and I can stay "up" for as long as I desire. Everyone is clearly different, and this is what works best for me. Dosing high all at once has always induced unpleasant side effects like stomach discomfort and that hard-to-shake come-up anxiety no matter how experienced I am. The people I've shared this method with always thank me afterwards for opening their eyes to how mushrooms "are supposed to be experienced" (their words).

If you're looking to "break through" you might try DMT instead. Another thing you could try is smoking kanna while on mushrooms, this always blasts my trip through the ceiling no matter what dose, very euphoric.

All my mushroom trips were in the woods. I had much success; altho i went into a low mood at one point and wished i was at home so i could watch tv and get my mind off of it.
Acid i never take in the woods, i prefer being indoors in a whirlwind of ambient imagery.

My favourite: nature. :)
With a few close friends preferably.

Acid: Alone. In my room. At night.
The only time i can get away with it basically, living with family.

I'm watching this thread because I'm in a very similar position as the OP. Leaving behind a life and a bunch of mental habits I don't agree with anymore, and looking out onto a very new life, filled with energy and love. I also have been teasing myself way too much with half-assed/half-dosed trips. It sucks.

The come up doesn't bother me. Yes, it's anxious, yes it's nauseating, but I want that to culimate into a purge/barf (an hour after ingestion). I feel like it has the potential to be cleansing. With the half-assed doses, that energy comes up, but it doesn't go out, leaving me feeling really tense and uncomfortable later. I've tried redosing, and it doesn't feel right for some reason. For me.

I am also extremely on the fence about whether to do it with someone else there or not. I know that if I'm alone, I will feel more comfortable being myself. I could sing, I could writhe around on the floor, dance around, talk to myself, hack up flegm, fart proudly, etc. I'm also considering having a girl come up and visit me to be my sitter.

She is a love interest, and we hit it off the last time she was here, so I'm a little worried that will distract me from going inward. I really want to go inward and submerge, like the OP. A sitter would make me feel safer psychologically, but alone I could go deeper.

I'm having a really hard time deciding.

Maybe you've tried this since you're a weed smoker, but after taking 5 g's of shrooms, roll up a fat 1g blunt and finish it to yourself about 1-2 hours after taking the shrooms.

You'll be in psychedelic land in no time. I was literally stuck in my seat for a while because I was so effed up after an eighth of shrooms and sharing that blunt.

I know it's a mix, but I 99% guarantee you'll trip your ass off. Then hopefully after your bomb trip, your new self will emerge and you can leave whatever you want behind.

Just an idea...

Taking all into consideration I think I will trip at my house still alone so I can feel comfortable and focus on myself. Also so I have the indoor outdoor option.

Seattle stranger; I will consider the redosing along with a large dose and weigh both I can see where you are coming from and that interests me but also I wouldn't mind a purge as stated by another poster.

KI519; smoking does greatly increase psychedelic intensity for me but I am trying to avoid weed at all costs at the moment

RhythmSpring; pm me!

Stranger; how long does that redosing trip usually last if you were to take say 4 grams over 4 hours?

I am also extremely on the fence about whether to do it with someone else there or not. I know that if I'm alone, I will feel more comfortable being myself. I could sing, I could writhe around on the floor, dance around, talk to myself, hack up flegm, fart proudly, etc. I'm also considering having a girl come up and visit me to be my sitter.

She is a love interest, and we hit it off the last time she was here, so I'm a little worried that will distract me from going inward. I really want to go inward and submerge, like the OP. A sitter would make me feel safer psychologically, but alone I could go deeper.

I'm having a really hard time deciding.

I'm a firm believer that the most introspective trips must be solo trips (maybe with the exception of smoked DMT or a similarly intense trip where you completely leave reality - then it makes no difference if there's anyone there with you or not). Having a sitter around is definitely distracting, and prevents you from being 100% open to the psychedelic experience. Even if you are comfortable with the other person/people, no one is 100% themselves when not alone.

I suggest having friends around to find the dose you need to accomplish what you need to accomplish on your trip, get comfortable with that dose, but plan to do your deepest introspection alone.

Using mushrooms vice a pure chemical is more difficult though. Too easy to under or overdose because 5g of the same species of shrooms will still contain a highly variable amount of psilocybin. OP: Is there any reason you specifically want to do this trip on shrooms instead of a drug you can more precisely measure?