View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good Music For Mxe

idontdothizz

Bluelighter
What do you think the best music is for MXE? The goal is here to hole. What is your favorite music for holing on MXE?

Me and my girlfriend prefer Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon.

But we are open for new things.

I havent done MXE but if it is as much like ketamine as people say then id think dubstep(Flux Pavillion, Nero, Modestep) would be awesome. Slow music with a lot of bass and freaky/trippy sounds would be my pick. Not sure how Psytrance or Shpongle would go but some of the slower stuff would be cool I reckon.

Considering you said you like Pink Floyd you may not be looking for electronic music so im not really sure what to suggest in that case.

Have fun! Im jealous :p

i play mostly downtempo/ambient/trip hop/psybient calmer music when i'm on MXE. But that's usually what I listen to anyways. I find ambient music, especially beatless stuff is great for holing. The other night I put on Carbon Based Lifeforms "World Of Sleepers" album and drifted off into an amazing universe

No music
on MXE, to me, every type of music sounds as if coming out of a shoe box. The bass is lost, and the trebles, when entering the hole, sound disconnected and shrill. I always turn off the music while preparing for a MXE working.

Shlohmo is great, check out his songs. Great for all drugs so chill and downbeat

I have taken a lot of MXE and listened to a lot of music in combination with it, and the best I've found is the record Takk by Sigur Ros. A quite experienced friend says he had the best drug experience of his life holing out on my sofa with Takk on in the background.

Sample song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8iEJeh26E&ob=av2e

Banco de Gaia's Last Train to Lhasa is amazing. Lots of ambient trippyness with lots of "world beat" influences. Throughout there are distant train sounds (like travelling on a train to heaven;))n. I like Plastikman too. Also, #1 by Skylab is a cool mix of spacey-tropical funky ambient. That one is like laying on my own tropical island looking up at the stars. I find that in addition to good headphones, a blindfold helps even if you're already in the dark. Every time though, I end with Banco, it's like a train bringing me home.

I've found in the past that eccentric or unusual-sounding music suits my mood on MXE. I'm bored with predictable, generic stuff -- even moreso than usual.

Other times, I've found that I prefer emotional music (as opposed to intellectual music I suppose). Less head-based, more heart-based, if you know what I mean. Which makes sense, because dissociatives are definitively right-brained drugs, unlike psychedelics.

A light dose of MXE and a bit of cannabis can profoundly enhance *any* music, though. :)

This is gonna be merged with either the Things to do on mxe thread, or the psychedelics and music thread. Take your pick.

Didn't listen to much music on the stuff, but after my first time IVing (i.e. before my dissociative tolerance returned full swing and then some) I thought the audio hallucinatory static/gear noises or whatever you call that shit you get on dissociatives was Beethoven's 5th or 9th, I forget which. I ended up spending ten minutes trying to find out how I could stop my computer from playing the music or turn down the volume until I realized it was all in my head.

Otherwise, it depended on my mood, but classical was very good when on low doses. Recuerdos de la Alhambra was especially beautiful on it.

This stuff doesn't have the music-enhancing pizzazz of DXM.

i play mostly downtempo/ambient/trip hop/psybient calmer music when i'm on MXE. But that's usually what I listen to anyways. I find ambient music, especially beatless stuff is great for holing. The other night I put on Carbon Based Lifeforms "World Of Sleepers" album and drifted off into an amazing universe

Agree with this

I've particularly enjoyed listening to these albums on my last few mxe trips
Amorphous Androgynous – Tales Of Ephidrina
Bvdub – Tribes At The Temple Of Silence
Steve Hillage – Rainbow Dome Musick
Bitstream – Domestic Economy 7
FSOL - Lifeforms

This stuff doesn't have the music-enhancing pizzazz of DXM.

On a related tangent, I've noticed an interesting phenomenon with DXM and music, personally. To me, DXM doesn't actually have any significant music-enhancing effect *while* I'm under the influence. Rather, music seems kind of lifeless. But, curiously, when I sober up the next day, and listen to the same music I heard while intoxicated, I find that my appreciation has been profoundly enhanced!

Also, I don't have much experience taking MXE sublingually, but the (two? three?) times I did, music enhancement was markedly lesser than that of insufflation.

Depended on the dose for me, also the same dose could produce a vast array of different experiences. Lower doses are less stimulating, and I usually enjoyed chillout or atmosheric drum'n'bass. Higher doses being much more stimulating usually went best together with more energetic stuff like dark psytrance. But there were often exceptions, this compound has so many different sides to it.

For holing music had little meaning for me. While holing I was too dissociated to pay much attention to external stimuli.

No music
on MXE, to me, every type of music sounds as if coming out of a shoe box. The bass is lost, and the trebles, when entering the hole, sound disconnected and shrill. I always turn off the music while preparing for a MXE working.

i think we're in the minority here, but i'm with you - i've done mxe countless times and never really found it enhanced music. not to say i usually don't listen to music while on it, but i also feel like the bass is lost and trebles sound too shrill.

Agree with this

I've particularly enjoyed listening to these albums on my last few mxe trips
Amorphous Androgynous – Tales Of Ephidrina
Bvdub – Tribes At The Temple Of Silence
Steve Hillage – Rainbow Dome Musick
Bitstream – Domestic Economy 7
FSOL - Lifeforms

yeeeessss, Bvdub is awesome, although a bit melancholy at times

I'll check out the other stuff you posted too

something else I've noticed is i'm listening to a lot more mixes/albums on MXE trips. Nothing is worse than the track stopping and having to pick a new one right when i'm drifting off with my eyes closed, so distracting :|

On lower doses, I like a lot of more laid-back electronic music. sayCet is really good. On higher doses, I prefer silence.