Good feelings from bad stuff

Helloitsme_pat

Greenlighter
I have recently started using meth as a teen and i have plumeted greatly in emotion and self worth i almost didnt go home these past couple days because i wanted to use more and felt sad because i had to leave but sad cuz i didnt wana go back because home life suck and esspecially when ur using meth because it feels like no one under stands me

Hi!

I am sorry that you feel the way you do.

Whats wrong with your home life? Could that drive you to use meth and do you want to stop using meth as well have changes in your home?

Every hopeless, homeless addict once stood where you stand now. I did. Ended up shooting heroin or other opiates for years and years.

You can tough it out a couple years, move out, and turn into an amazing adult whose difficult experiences taught them valuable life lessons and gave them strength.

Or... you can give in. And you will always feel this way, stuck as teenager, with teenaged problems, your home always feeling unsafe, for the rest of your life. Drugs stop maturing. They stop emotional processing. If you keep doing drugs you will never get over what you are feeling right now, which, I'm guessing, which is exactly what you want to avoid.

^That is a post worth really listening to.

OP, it can be so difficult to grow up, even with the best home life. Try to talk to your parents about your unhappiness. Let them know that you feel alone and scared. If your parents are not reliable, talk to a school counselor. You don't have to talk about the drugs initially if you are worried about getting into more trouble (especially legal trouble) but you should try to be very honest about what you are feeling emotionally. See if you can get involved with a group of peers that are also struggling with staying away from drugs for support. One of the things that makes adolescence so hard is the deep recognition that we are all ultimately alone inside. It is a powerful and often devastating shock. The good news is while that is the truth of our existential condition, we are also capable of making meaningful and satisfying bonds with other people. It sucks that our culture just heaps kids with images of an impossible ideal of constant happiness, leaving everyone to secretly feel inadequate and alone inside. But there's a very powerful antidote to that--just reject the whole thing. Feel happy when you feel happy, and sad when you are sad and let it all happen to you. Let other people in and don't be scared of their judgments. Learn not to judge yourself harshly but to encourage yourself to always grow stronger and then the judgments of others are easier to put in perspective.

Try to get away from meth now. Your brain is still developing. Step outside yourself and pretend that you are looking at a younger sibling's life. What would you advise them to do? What would you encourage them with? Do the same for yourself.<3

^ Indeed, great advices. Talking with your family or someone close to you may be the best thing to do right now.

Also it's really important that you realise that doing these drugs while you are still young and developing may be a problem for you in the future. I have started doing drugs when I was very young and I have had all sort of health problems even before I was 30 years old. Started with stomach problems, liver problems, heart issues, lack of hormones, etc. But the worst for me was losing these precious time of my life and getting behind, socially speaking. At some point you'll feel you don't fit. Eventually you'll feel much less mature than most people around you and it's hard to catch up.

I wish that you really think about all of those issues. When we are young we don't think that much of our future. Everything seems so far away and we feel untouchable but time passes quickly much faster than we have thought. You haven't gone very far yet, you still can get your life resolved, so to speak.

I wish you good luck. There's a lot of people here wanting to help you.
Keep us posted!
Take care.
E.