• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

good combo to reduce anxiety when stoned

^Getting outside and getting active is a pretty good suggestion.
12 months ago I probably would have agreed with the phenibut idea too but I found it to have some weird after effects ie rebound anxiety and would not advise anything except occasional use

Black tar heroin and IV meth mixed in one needle and shot directly into the neck while taking a hit of nitrous.

Yeah heroin works well for the anxiety, throw in some xanax too and your days of anxiety from weed will be over.

For real though a weak benzo and a betablocker like propanalol work well.

picking the right strain will have more impact than prior suggestions.
Blue Dream Haze harvested @ or before 65 days (a tad early with less than 30% occluded glands) works best for me as an anti anxiety strain.

Also has a very alert/motivating effect which is usually a characteristic associated with "thumpers" (makes your heart thump) like other haze lines, kalimist, SSH etc..but Blue Dream doesnt seem to do that

so basically, i really cant think of anything better then playing video games or watching a good movie while stoned.. some of the time. my problem is that 90% of the time i get too anxious to appreciate the positive effects. when i was smoking daily the positive effects were replaced by actually feeling alive again. so i dont want a dependency like that but what i do want is to get stoned now and then and enjoy a movie.

whats a good combo to go with marijuana? preferably a downer. if you have the same experience of negative thoughts and anxiety while stoned, do you have any coping methods?

deep, slow breathing. in thru the nose out thru the nose. make sure youre breathing so that your stomach is moving in and out, not your chest. sometimes it can help to put one hand on your stomach.

do it for ten minutes, and then for a few breaths (or as long as you need to) whenever you feel that anxiety creeping up.

you cant have anxiety when youre breathing properly. its the unconscious hyperventilation that causes the other symptoms like dizziness, rapid heartbeat, etc. and sometimes smoking weed can increase your heart rate and speed up your breathing, just a little, enough to make you start to feel anxious if you allow it to. but good news, you can control it all through slow even belly breaths.

i still get anxiety and panic occasionally when i smoke. im a daily smoker. when i feel that feeling coming on, its now just a reminder to slow myself the hell down, re-center, and focus on the breathing. no matter what happens or what your ego is trying to convince you of, just keep comin back to the breath. its so simple but so perfect! good luck to ya! cheers!

oh and p.s. try kava kava ;)

Last edited:
In response to post #2 I just wanna say that kratom + weed has the possibility of making the anxiety alot worse, something to keep in mind to anyone thinking of giving it a go. Also I agree that if you need to take one drug so that you can enjoy another maybe you should just call it quits on MJ. I mean weed is usually smoked quite frequently and adding other potentially addictive substances is asking for trouble. For example, if you begin to take benzos with your weed doses you may find that you can never enjoy the weed alone making it where everytime you wanna get high you have to chomp down benzos, not a very smart idea.

For me smoking indicas has really gotten rid of anxiety that sometimes used to accompany weed-smoking for me.

In response to post #2 I just wanna say that kratom + weed has the possibility of making the anxiety alot worse, something to keep in mind to anyone thinking of giving it a go. Also I agree that if you need to take one drug so that you can enjoy another maybe you should just call it quits on MJ. I mean weed is usually smoked quite frequently and adding other potentially addictive substances is asking for trouble. For example, if you begin to take benzos with your weed doses you may find that you can never enjoy the weed alone making it where everytime you wanna get high you have to chomp down benzos, not a very smart idea.

Good post and I agree. I'm a polydrug user that combines weed with everything I do...benzos/pregabalin/alcohol/kratom/opioids and the only thing that I've found that did anything worthwhile is benzos. Like the captain said if you get into the habit of popping a benzo every time you smoke weed then best case scenario you might not be able to enjoy weed by it's self anymore because you'll be too used to having zero anxiety and just a care free high. Worst case you pick up a benzo habit.

bbing and euphoria I agree with!

On the herbal side, Lemon balm and skullcap (2 Tbsp of each is great though experimentation is recommended., couruse o course.

It.s all about breath. go to a breathworking class, yoga even.

smoke less and pure, is the only way to go, if you don't want to combine with benzos, which is not recommend.

Weed + Benzodiazepines

Klonopins...that's a great anti-anxiety medication. I get 90/1 mg Klonnies monthly & 1 is all that's needed to take that nervous feeling away. However, since experiencing 'reverse tolerance' after my 50th birthday, I don't get the anxiety anymore.
"My mom & daddy always tried to tell me how to live...but I don't listen to them cuz my mind is like a sive!!" (Name the movie that this song is from).