• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Going to try and ask meth question here

Blablasnothername

Greenlighter
I really was trying to avoid posting on here because it usually means I’ve entered crazy town… but here we are (I also posted earlier but was having some severe cognitive impairment which was either to much or to little it really is a mystery)I apologize in advance for the long post even without meth I’m long winded and I promise you this is me trying to condense…

I have been using meth on and off for a couple years now and I’m currently in my third or fourth week of this runner didn’t plan on going this long but this time around when I tried to stop I had severe physical withdrawals(in the past I had for the most part just the depression/rage withdrawals) so I decided to keep using while I got my body more hydrated and tapered down to a smaller amount … even though I’m using half the amount I would normally,

I currently either parachute .1 - .2 or booty bump .1- .15 at a time (10-15 units on a syringe) maybe twice a day? Also I will Hit a pipe occasionally, it used to be .2-.3 at a time so I’ve tried to lessen the amount I’m using,

I’m curious if anyone has any knowledge on some side effects, the last two days I had been having these tremors and I’ve always gotten tremors I would take propanalol or extra gabapentin(on top of what I normally take daily) for them, but this was exactly like brain zaps but a brain quiver that was continuous and lasted hours upon days.. and also caused pretty bad cognitive impairment, I had originally thought it was to much but eventually after so many hours I did a small booty bump of a different batch as an experiment and it went away… my normal tremor that was still there shaky hands are par for the course for me, but the insane buzzing/vibration behind my eyes went away so I had assumed it was just a batch that had something that didn’t agree with my body in it or who knows ..and I continued on with my day.

Then tonight I did apparently to much again (less than I normally would do) because I have this extreme muscle rigidity that’s so painful mostly on my right side and the tremors are pretty bad again not as bad as last night no vibrating behind the eyes though.

So long story longer I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and WHAT specifically is causing it because I slept last night, I shouldn’t be severely dehydrated I drank about 2 or 3 pedialytes and half a water, I forced myself to Uber eats a chicken sandwich and strawberry crepes from Denny’s, took a multivitamin, magnesium, L-dopa, potassium and vitamin d3 supplements,

so does anyone know what specifically causes the symptoms such as trembling shaking and muscle spasms rigidity after taking a smaller than normal dose in a person with built up tolerance? I know it happens a lot but is it normally dehydration (in which case I’ll drink even more water) vitamin deficiency? (Potassium? Magnesium?) dopamine related (to much to little?)

I hope someone responds if at the very least to let me know if you’ve ever experienced this or not? I only have one person and her boyfriend I can talk to about using and she NEVER has any of these crazy side effects like me so I think “well maybe it’s a separate health issue That just happens to be exasperated by drugs use… “but then I scroll BL and wonder if all these posts are just me using different accounts at various points in my usage and I’ve just forgotten making them (…kidding.. 😂)

oh one more thing my CURRENT working theory if anyone wants to weigh in is since my issues are so comparable to Parkinsonism which is (are?) caused by a severe depletion of dopamine and since they are new side effects to me for the most part regardless of amount could I just have completely depleted all dopamine or at least more so than I ever have and my body’s just not making any more… ok now I’m done thank you so much for the help in advance 🥺

Last edited:
Just a thought, but splitting your post into bite sized paragraphs will immensely improve readability and may garner more replies.

This can be done using the 'edit' function at the bottom left of your post.

Just a thought, but splitting your post into bite sized paragraphs will immensely improve readability and may garner more replies.

This can be done using the 'edit' function at the bottom left of your post.
Thank you ♥️ I’m not sure if there’s any helping that crazy mess but here’s to trying 😂

People will for sure come along and help eventually and this post looks good. Not sure what the other one looked like but Fubar is right..........once a post reaches a certain length with no paragraph breaks it just becomes a wall of text and nobody will read it. Hang tight new member ( and welcome ) someone will post who can help ya shortly.

Same here. Methamphetamine just isn't a thing in my neck of the woods...
I think if I had been younger I would have at least tried it or gotten hung up in the scene but downers were always my DOC and there were plenty of those going around. Seems the younger crowd liked the meth scene and especially the " kids " that were put on adderall while they were in school. Us old farts were never brought up in that culture.......kids in the 70's just weren't medicated ( they got their ass beat instead ) and meth was around ( the bikers made it ) but it was pretty exclusive to that culture. Nobody I knew did it or even had any for sale. Wasn't until I turned around 50 ( 15 years ago ) that it really exploded on to the scene and by then I just wasn't interested . And now obviously ( being pretty much clean of everything except kratom ) I would never try it.

Had I been younger and knowing me as well as I do i would be in the same boat as these other poor souls that got into it. It's one drug that has ruined more lives than any other. And we only have to read the 5000 meth threads ( past ones ) on here to know that. There's 10 new meth threads a day of these poor people needing help. Super sad to read what they go through. Not just physically but mentally.

I think if I had been younger I would have at least tried it or gotten hung up in the scene but downers were always my DOC and there were plenty of those going around. Seems the younger crowd liked the meth scene and especially the " kids " that were put on adderall while they were in school. Us old farts were never brought up in that culture.......kids in the 70's just weren't medicated ( they got their ass beat instead ) and meth was around ( the bikers made it ) but it was pretty exclusive to that culture. Nobody I knew did it or even had any for sale. Wasn't until I turned around 50 ( 15 years ago ) that it really exploded on to the scene and by then I just wasn't interested . And now obviously ( being pretty much clean of everything except kratom ) I would never try it.

Had I been younger and knowing me as well as I do i would be in the same boat as these other poor souls that got into it. It's one drug that has ruined more lives than any other. And we only have to read the 5000 meth threads ( past ones ) on here to know that. There's 10 new meth threads a day of these poor people needing help. Super sad to read what they go through. Not just physically but mentally.
It wasn’t my thing ever opiates were but then extenuating circumstances caused me to give it a try *ahem* quite a bit LATER in life .. now here we are. I read an article recently that talked about the brain damage and memory loss caused by methamphetamine leading to so many relapses because you forget how bad it really is until you are back in it and I cannot express how true that is, I was only partially kidding when I said I sometimes think half these posts were from me under a different name and I forgot about them 😬