• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going to take 15mg of Ambien.

manwithaplan

Bluelighter
My friend has 30mg so we'll split it. He says I'll see some things and that it's not too hard to stay awake on. So, I've never taken Ambien before so what's it like and is 15mg too little or too much or just about right?

10mg is the standard dose. It's a bit hit and miss of a drug. I for one don't feel anything strange when I take Ambien, just a little bit sleepy.

bro that shit makes me sleep like whoa...

its like BOOM MUST FUCKING SLEEP.... but if u can make it past the part it gets interesting but its really fucking hard to stay awake....

15mg sounds about right for a first timer. Sensitivity to and subjective effects of zolpidem seems to vary a lot from person to person. While not too likely, some people do get very strong effects from a 15mg dose, so it's good you have an experienced friend to do it with.

I wouldn't count on seeing things though. Some people don't get this effect at all. For me, Ambien does feel somewhat trippy, and my vision can appear a little hazy, but I don't ever get the overt open eyed visuals that some people report.

In my opinion, zolpidem is quite fun though. I don't find it very hard to resist sleeping on it, in fact, it isn't very effective as a sleep aid for me. I would liken it's effects to a cross between DXM and benzodiazepines. It has the feeling of intensity and significance I associate with dissociatives, but is strangely anxiolytic at the same time. I also get the apathetic, lessening of thoughts, sorta confused but don't care, state I associate with benzos. I actually find it more interesting and recreational than taking benzos (I quite enjoy dissociatives recreationally though). Some people trip balls on it, while some find it quite boring,so obviously, YMMV. It's worth trying though, you may just love it.

be safe, and have fun.

15mg sounds about right for a first timer. Sensitivity to and subjective effects of zolpidem seems to vary a lot from person to person. While not too likely, some people do get very strong effects from a 15mg dose, so it's good you have an experienced friend to do it with.

I wouldn't count on seeing things though. Some people don't get this effect at all. For me, Ambien does feel somewhat trippy, and my vision can appear a little hazy, but I don't ever get the overt open eyed visuals that some people report.

In my opinion, zolpidem is quite fun though. I don't find it very hard to resist sleeping on it, in fact, it isn't very effective as a sleep aid for me. I would liken it's effects to a cross between DXM and benzodiazepines. It has the feeling of intensity and significance I associate with dissociatives, but is strangely anxiolytic at the same time. I also get the apathetic, lessening of thoughts, sorta confused but don't care, state I associate with benzos. I actually find it more interesting and recreational than taking benzos (I quite enjoy dissociatives recreationally though). Some people trip balls on it, while some find it quite boring,so obviously, YMMV. It's worth trying though, you may just love it.

be safe, and have fun.

Well, I am pretty sensitive to any drug really. So maybe I'll start with ten.

But what is worrying me a bit is that this is the first time I've ever done a drug that could potentially make me see something. I've never hallucinated before and I'm a tad worried I'll freak out a bit if I start to see anything, even distortion of vision would freak me out haha.

Also, I've taken a sleep medication before. A very small dose of seroquel to try and help myself sleep, but, instead I couldn't sleep and felt like absolute shit and terrible for like an hour before actually falling asleep. It'll be nothing like that correct?

Well, I am pretty sensitive to any drug really. So maybe I'll start with ten.
It's good to be cautious if your worried. You should probably feel 10mg, but not too strongly.

But what is worrying me a bit is that this is the first time I've ever done a drug that could potentially make me see something. I've never hallucinated before and I'm a tad worried I'll freak out a bit if I start to see anything, even distortion of vision would freak me out haha.
Don't worry about it. Zolpidem is quite non-threatening. It's sedative effects should make you feel relaxed actually. There is little risk of 'bad trip' compared to actual hallucinogens IMO.[/QUOTE]

Also, I've taken a sleep medication before. A very small dose of seroquel to try and help myself sleep, but, instead I couldn't sleep and felt like absolute shit and terrible for like an hour before actually falling asleep. It'll be nothing like that correct?
Yup, noting like that. Quetiapine (seroquel) is probably the shittiest drug I have ever taken, it would be a good torture device. Zolpidem works on entirely different parts of the brain, and feels quite different. You will probably feel good if your mood gets altered at all in fact.

good luck.

Yeah, Seroquel is the shittiest thing I've ever done as well haha.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I'm going to take 15mg and hope for a fun time haha. I'll post back here what it was like, just in case anyone would be interested.

Ambien is actually one of my favorite drugs. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is about it that i enjoy so much...its actually a pretty weird high, it makes you feel disassociated and euphoric at the same time. its like a cross between LSD and Oxy and Xanax. I love it! 15mg is a pretty low dose for recreational purposes but since you've never taken it i'd say that its about right. Have phun =D

I recommend a strobe light. Instead of the flashes being white like they should be, I've noticed they tend to be different colours, or at least the flash triggers some kind of mind/stimulus synthesis that makes one experience the sensation of different colours. Most curious indeed.

Yeah, not at all like Seroquel, so no worries there. And 15 mg is fine.

Some people do fall asleep when they take it. And it's WHAM asleep, not I'm feeling sleepy, I'll fix a cup of coffee. So don't be surprised or disappointed if you're chilling on the couch for a second and you wake up 7 hours later. So take it during the day after a good night's sleep.

If you fall asleep though, your friend will wake you up and then you'll get the slightly hallucinogenic effects. But when I first started Ambien for insomnia, waking up was out of the question after I'd taken it…pan burning on the stove for 6 hours or not (turned out ok, but true story. Lots of other stories on Ambien from other BLers.)

Don't drive on it under any circumstances. Because aside from the visuals, you'll probably feel entirely sober just happier and goofier (which I like). It reminds me a bit of Quaaludes*, especially if you add one drink to it. I am NOT recommending that. This is a harm reduction board. Ambien is also more black-out inducing than most benzos.

It's fun though. I just wanted to give you some info that will make it a good experience. Have fun and stay safe.

* I know Quaaludes are really rare now, so check them out here or on Erowid if you're curious. Very fun drug IMO.

I personally thoroughly enjoy Ambien. Instead of writing an entire report here I'll just quote my unfinished "Retrospective/Summary" that I plan to submit to Erowid some day.

I've become increasingly interested in psychoactive substances over the past year or so since I started smoking Cannabis. After joining university this desire to be under the influence of something greater than alcohol got more prominent than ever and as such, my first mildly psychadelic experience was born.

I found that one of my friends had trouble sleeping and had been prescribed Ambien (or Zolpidem). I read up on it as he told me it can be quite trippy and his mumblings were true, it can cause hallucinations, euphoria and other things. It's pertinent to mention that these effects are characteristic of alcohol except the overwhelming fatigue at plateau and the hallucinations (which aren't really apparent at normal recreational doses of alcohol).

My friend gave me 2 little 10mg pills one day and I could not wait to try them. I fasted that evening and ingested the first at approximately 10pm. I was expecting some visual effects quickly but at T+30 I was feeling rather bored of waiting and ingested the second (this is one of the few times that I have felt a redose was beneficial when dealing with this sort of substance). About 20 minutes later I was completely in my own world. It felt a little like what I imagine a dissociative may feel like. I became "one" with my computer monitor and I had a very profound experience for approximately 5 minutes in which this was the case.

It should be noted that Zolpidem leaves a very peculiar sensation in ones nose and throat. I felt as though the pills were in my saliva and in my nose which is difficult to describe. I'm not sure if this is an effect of the drug or an indirect effect but it was not exactly pleasant.

After around 2 hours I decided to go to sleep and I woke up the next morning feeling particularly refreshed. I discovered a few bizarre things in the morning. A notepad next to my bed with familiar yet strangely alien writings about some dreams. I realised I had written a trip report and had forgotten about it entirely. I had to go to classes but later in the day I found out from friends that I was COMPLETELY out of it when talking to them online and I read my chatlogs of completely incoherent text.

At this point I knew I had to try this again. I bought 10 more pills off my friend and decided to ingest them 2 days after my first experience. I took the first 2 pills straight away and waited, I was very inebriated and I remember almost nothing of this night, only that it was a pleasurable experience.

The third time I did it was where I started to notice the negative effects of this substance. I ingested 2 pills, I noticed little effect, I took another an hour later and then decided (with my infinite Ambien wisdom) to try insufflating half a pill. I crushed it up as best I could and made a really bad job of it and took it up. It didn't really hurt all that much as Ambien is an analgesic but the sensation was certainly not nice. I think I got over this quickly and did the remaining 3 halves the same way. It's far to say by now the effects were very profound and I remember feeling quite nauseous and just going to bed.

Yes, unfinished, unproofread, but I hope it enlightens you. I'll say it again. Ambien ROCKS, and the best part is you don't feel the need to take it every night. I've experienced some really really intense hallucinations on higher doses. I felt like my entire room was rotating at great speed. A good stepping stone into psychadelics if there ever was one.

Ambien is actually one of my favorite drugs. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is about it that i enjoy so much...its actually a pretty weird high, it makes you feel disassociated and euphoric at the same time. its like a cross between LSD and Oxy and Xanax. I love it! 15mg is a pretty low dose for recreational purposes but since you've never taken it i'd say that its about right. Have phun =D

Wow, really ? That shocks me. I was prescribed ambien for sleep issues and found it...NOT fun at all. Obviously everyone likes different things and reacts differently to substances but somehow things seems strange to me. Esp the way you compare it to an LSD oxy xanax combo. That's pretty extreme ! haha

Anyway, I'd take 15mg to start. See how that goes. Report back !

15mgs is cool since it's all you have.

But a solid 20mgs is a recommended recreational dose.

Ive been prescribed trazadone, seroquel, remeron and most recently ambien for sleep. I love the shit. I take 30mg a night and it puts me to sleep within an 60-90 minutes. It's also the only sleeping pill Ive been prescribed that doesnt leave me groggy the next day, only refreshed and energetic. Its been a life-saver for me as I have extreme trouble falling asleep. I can set my alarm for 8-9 hours later and wake up ready for the day...while seroquel and remeron made me passout for 12+ hours, made me take 1-2 hours just to get out of bed, then I still felt half asleep the entire rest of the day. Trazadone doesnt even put me to sleep. Also Ive done a tiny bit of experimenting with ambien, the most being 75mg. It does not give me hallucinations, but it does for some people. I cant see 15mg giving many people hallucinations, but it is possible for some.

The hallucinations are just an extreme side effect.

It is actually very rare to have them on ambien.

I couldnt imagine it being enjoyable. I would think it would be similar to the hallucinations some people get from antihistimines, though Ive never experience either, so thats just my guess.

Not like that at all.

It just make your brain process light weirdly.
Certain shapes or patterns move side-to-side, or in circles.

Ahh, like the wood grain on doors moving up and down, etc? Very subtle. I may have experienced it then but I fell right to sleep after. Im very sensitive to light when I take ambien and my tv will appear to glow out of the screen. I dont know how else to explain it but I think you get my drift.

Well I took 15mg of ambien and the high was pretty weird... I remember taking it and not feeling tired at all and then me and my friend walked around for a bit. While we were walking my vision got weird. Like, everything was normal expect that I couldn't stop seeing doubles and I saw doubles for like 2 hours I think.

So we walked for like a half hour and it was pretty enjoyable and then we went and smoked some bud. After I smoked, and I don't smoke too often, I felt really amazing. Like, I was just so out of it haha. Definitely want to do ambien again.