• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

going to eat raw san pedro tomorrow

Lots of good advice on here about how to reduce your plant matter into something that at least if it's not gonna win masterchef .. you'r gonna keep down.

Mescaline is one of the hallucinogens I never really managed to trip on because I tried to "improve," the raw plant matter I had carefuly acquired with some salad creme. I thought .. salad creme is rank anyway .. what could possibly go wrong .. I just gotta get it down.

Tbh .. I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to take mescaline now. Maybe I'll have to try a tek to get some clean salt or something .. but the flashbacks would probably be just too much for me.

In my defence .. this was so far back in the history of the internet .. back when mosaic browser was it and the UK to US internet link used to crash for 8 hours a day.

Lots of good advice on here about how to reduce your plant matter into something that at least if it's not gonna win masterchef .. you'r gonna keep down.

Mescaline is one of the hallucinogens I never really managed to trip on because I tried to "improve," the raw plant matter I had carefuly acquired with some salad creme. I thought .. salad creme is rank anyway .. what could possibly go wrong .. I just gotta get it down.

Tbh .. I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to take mescaline now. Maybe I'll have to try a tek to get some clean salt or something .. but the flashbacks would probably be just too much for me.

In my defence .. this was so far back in the history of the internet .. back when mosaic browser was it and the UK to US internet link used to crash for 8 hours a day.

I’m gagging just thinking about it lol

-GC

That 50/50 Vinegar method works really well on fresh material after its been frozen once or twice.

Thanks G_C for a great idea.

So if you want to avoid boiling, chop up cactus and let it soak at room temperature somewhere in the dark for 1-3 weeks. Use a 50/50 distilled water to distilled vinegar solution, just enough to cover the cactus. Agitate it often. Once satisfied, filter off liquid (may need to do a few times with varying sized filters, starting with metal strainer, cheesecloth, coffee filter, don’t be mad if you can’t strain through the coffee filter but try.)

Then simply dry this in a warm place with a fan set next to it, using a fan with a heat setting can speed things up.

Once dry, scrape up and your all set. This is actually how I do it, I never boil anything. And then I get to it on my own time.

-GC
it sounds interesting. can it get spoiled after that long time not being in the refrigerator?

it sounds interesting. can it get spoiled after that long time not being in the refrigerator?

Honestly I don’t think so... With it being 50/50 vinegar solution and cactus also contains substances which are anti bacterial, I’ve left it to sit for 2 months before with no mold forming. By then the cactus had pretty much disintegrated.

-GC

Is the defatting only possible with xylene or toluene and alike.

Not that I have an Pedro's around , i used to though. But reread and saw the d-limonene tek.

Personally I dont really care about defatting. I just want the full spectrum without solids,and with relatively good flavor

Is the defatting only possible with xylene or toluene and alike.

Not that I have an Pedro's around , i used to though. But reread and saw the d-limonene tek.

D-limonene could work too but I’ve always been somewhat skeptical, worth a try though.. Any solvent not miscible with water is worthy of trying, petroleum ether (naphtha) could work too.

-GC