View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

going to eat raw san pedro tomorrow

golmo

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. So tomorrow I am going to try for the first time to eat it raw. I have read many opinions about it but I really want to try it because I can no longer drink it as a tea.

If it goes well I will give you the exact recipe\process because there is less info about consuming it this way than making a tea.

In general, I had a 72 cm long Pachanoi (probably non-PC as others confirmed) weighted 1.5 kg. cut into about 10 cm sections and then along the ribs into strips. (core discarded) baked in the oven low heat for short time to soften the flesh and then scrapped only the dark green part away from the skin (discarded).

the 1.5 kg turned into 390 grams of pure dark green flesh.

made into a shake and put in fridge for the foam to settle down.

will drink tomorrow and tell you how it goes. (it tastes much much much much much X100 better than tea)

(not from the US by the way)

any thoughts? what do you think about the dosage?

Last edited:
Can't help with dosage as inexperienced with that particular psychedelic, just wanted to say good luck with the trip and i'd be interested in your report

So that's a little over two feet, should be plenty and I expect it to be pretty strong. I've never eaten a raw cactus before but I suppose I would, have had Chips and Powder plenty of times. I love San Pedro its one of my favorite psychedelics. Hope you have a great trip I'm looking forward to hearing the story of your travels.

Probably gonna be a hefty amount of Mescaline your consuming, good stuff :)

Well, how did it go?

I have a few San Pedro growing nicely... but I keep hearing them whisper to me to eat them. I'll be interested in your experience, hope it went well.

So, overall it was a success but not as expected. I could managed to drink only 1/3 of the 390 grams. (the shake was 900ML but could drink only 300) the taste was not bad at all I could even let it sit in the mouth and concentrate on the flavor without gagging. it just that my stomach wouldnt let me drink more, i felt bloated after only 300 ML.

purged (for the first time) after 1 hour so I guess even with the only small amount consumed even less absorbed.

But, in about 2 hours after ingestion I could feel the effects. I still had a little discomfort in the stomach so I knew its due to the alkaloids and not the cactus solids because I puked them.
It was not strong but really noticeable. not strong euphoria and no visuals at all, but my thinking patterns were really different. I got sucked to every thought I had, and then boom I am back in reality- on and off in waves.
It lasted for 3:30 hours and then gradually got weaker and weaker. I still had effects when the almost full moon rise at 20:40-could feel it's brown energy.

I still enjoyed it though but I really wanted a stronger dose,as always with SP...lol.

And one last thing. I will try new ways to consume SP untill I master it! I have 7 growing at the moment and one of them is over 2.5 meters tall.
with the remaining 2/3 I will strain the solids from the shake,squeeze them hard and try to drink only the liquids (like some1 put the cactus through a juicer) and see what happens.

I still think tea is the way to go, your overall consuming less plant matter if done right. That said, you may need to go with an extraction to get better results. You can make a crude extraction with dilute distilled vinegar solution, evaporate to dryness then either consume as is or reconstitute in a small amount of water when ready.

When making a crude extract like this often the dosage ranges from 2-15g worth of product compared to the hundreds of grams of fresh material.

-GC

Hi. Thanks for the info. didnt know you can make an extraction with only vinegar. can you give more info/elaborate or give links to this tek or something? I thought you need limonen or many chemicals to do so.

Boil it like you're making tea, then pour through a filter to remove the solids. Put the tea back on the stove and evaporate off as much liquid as you desire.

You can end up with a very concentrated liquid (like a shot glass contains one dose) or evaporate all the water off to get a crude tar.

Boil it like you're making tea, then pour through a filter to remove the solids. Put the tea back on the stove and evaporate off as much liquid as you desire.

You can end up with a very concentrated liquid (like a shot glass contains one dose) or evaporate all the water off to get a crude tar.
I am trying to avoid boiling because this way I can no longer tolerate the flavor

Or you can crush some Tums to mix with the tar and then roll it up into little balls. Then I just pop them like a capsule and chase it with water, you dont even taste it. And the antacid helps to cut back any nausea you may feel. I always stagger my dosing over a 90min period and it I've never purged this way, my stomach is really sensitive.

Is extracting mesc really that hard? Have two san pedros 7 years old and i want to experience pure mesc. Ive managed dmt and that was fairly easy. Surely mesc isnt that hard? Anyone successful extracting mesc?

This TEK is pretty straight forward and food safe I have a couple friends who used it with great success. Personally I usually buy the powder most often and I'm able to stomach 30-40 grams without an issue of I spread it put right so I never done it. Would like to try it someday so I could push the dosage tho and eat One Gram of Mescaline.

So if you want to avoid boiling, chop up cactus and let it soak at room temperature somewhere in the dark for 1-3 weeks. Use a 50/50 distilled water to distilled vinegar solution, just enough to cover the cactus. Agitate it often. Once satisfied, filter off liquid (may need to do a few times with varying sized filters, starting with metal strainer, cheesecloth, coffee filter, don’t be mad if you can’t strain through the coffee filter but try.)

Then simply dry this in a warm place with a fan set next to it, using a fan with a heat setting can speed things up.

Once dry, scrape up and your all set. This is actually how I do it, I never boil anything. And then I get to it on my own time.

-GC

I know nothing of this, but I strongly suggest trusting what @G_Chem says above. I know he is very well educated and experienced here, and takes all of the safety precautions to really know no the ins and outs of things.

Haha, not trying to kiss ypur butt G_Chem, I just know that you know your stuff thoroughly on these matters and if I wanted some advice and direction on it I'm certain I would be straight in your direction.

thanks. I wanted to ask you if the 1-3 weeks is necessary. I thought that you can just drink it right away or maximum soak it for 1 day.

So if you want to avoid boiling, chop up cactus and let it soak at room temperature somewhere in the dark for 1-3 weeks. Use a 50/50 distilled water to distilled vinegar solution, just enough to cover the cactus. Agitate it often. Once satisfied, filter off liquid (may need to do a few times with varying sized filters, starting with metal strainer, cheesecloth, coffee filter, don’t be mad if you can’t strain through the coffee filter but try.)

Then simply dry this in a warm place with a fan set next to it, using a fan with a heat setting can speed things up.

Once dry, scrape up and your all set. This is actually how I do it, I never boil anything. And then I get to it on my own time.

-GC
Have you tried de-fatting the solution? I have about 10 feet of peruvianus, and some bridgesii and pach midcuts. I don't like running a/b on cactus because I feel like a lot gets left behind. I have no hang-ups about boiling (with a pinch of citric acid), then evaporating to leave crude extract.

I'm thinking of adding an immiscible solvent prior to evaporating to try and remove some some of the undesirable thick ooze.

Toluene didn't seem to collect much gunk last time I did A/B on San Pedro.

Have you tried de-fatting the solution? I have about 10 feet of peruvianus, and some bridgesii and pach midcuts. I don't like running a/b on cactus because I feel like a lot gets left behind. I have no hang-ups about boiling (with a pinch of citric acid), then evaporating to leave crude extract.

I'm thinking of adding an immiscible solvent prior to evaporating to try and remove some some of the undesirable thick ooze.

Toluene didn't seem to collect much gunk last time I did A/B on San Pedro.

I have, it helped a fair amount I think but extraction parameters are always different so hard to know for sure. I typically don’t but when I do it’s just a single toluene defat.

I’m trying to remember, I think a recent one where I got like 2g final yield that me and my girl split was defatted with toluene but otherwise done like above. It wasn’t a super strong trip but like a 3 out of 10, that’s more in relation to the amount of material used not anything related to the extraction.

I’ll keep saying this too, the best way to trip hard is grow some yourself (seems to be more potent, idk why, maybe stressing) as small supple newly grown tops from a stump that gets cut off now and then is much stronger than cuttings bought online.

I’m actually gonna be trying a Bridgesii monstrose here in a week n a half or so..

-GC

Yeah I have an okay cactus garden, not great, but slowly adding to it over time. I have a few bridgesii monstrose. Quality-wise the trip is on par with psycho0 IMO (psychonaut cultivar, the go-to bridgesii for trippers in Australia it seems), but it takes a few decent sized bits of the monstrose and they are quite slow growing so I see it as kind of like eating peyote..

I always get the best effect from tea made by mixing a little bit of each; a piece of bridgesii, maybe a small cut of San Pedro or a Peruvianus pup (occasionally a couple of buttons from a caespitosa) - whatever I can afford to break off at the time.