• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Going to do LSD for the first time. What to expect?

PandaParty56

Greenlighter
I've tripped twice on mushrooms, but that's it. I have been very curious to try LSD and had finally gotten my hands on some. So, I already know that LSD is a much more dedicated trip. It's much longer, and the comedown is different. But is there anything else about the trip I should kinda expect? I did hear from one of my friends that you kinda get this confidence boost. And when he does see really scary shit, it doesn't bother him because of the awesome feeling you get.

It will be like mushrooms; but last for a lot longer, and yet it will be completely different than mushrooms in lots of ways.

Don't go into the experience expecting anything. Just take the drug alone or with people you know, have a place to stay for awhile where you don't have to drive, and enjoy. Lots of people enjoy smoking herb on LSD.

On the negative side:
Expect anxiety. LSD is a more difficult trip than most.

On the positive side:
Expect flashes of insight / realizations about yourself, your life, and all sorts of other things and maybe even increased receptivity to God / spirituality.

In my opinion you have more control over the trip with LSD. You have the ability to engage different thoughts and activities easier and then "check out" and stare at a wall. Anxiety is common, but be mindful of it, having a good time is up to you in the end. You might have different feelings/experiences but simply "be" in the moment. Realize the beauty of things, enjoy the people you're around (I recommend not taking it alone the first time, even with experience taking it alone sent me to a bad place). Have activities around you that you'll enjoy, be sure you don't have to drive anywhere for a while, keep food, water, and a warm place to go close by all the time, or friends you can trust to get you to safety if needed. Also weed if you're into that. Blankets are a + + + Practice love, drop judgment, approach it with a clean mind, accept love for yourself and what is around you. Meditate. Video games can be fun but don't do it the entire time, it will ruin it; try to go times without electronics. Music and light shows are always great but there's a limit where it's nice to just sit in silence; in fact do that as much as you can. I also like engaging in physical activites. I long board, but that's pretty dangerous, so be careful if you do it. Frisbee and stuff can be fun.

Drink a lot of water, don't overdo it; small sips. Keep a water bottle on you. Don't eat a lot of food before. Give yourself 4 hours to digest food before taking the LSD. Some people like to fast, I personally think it's best to eat a medium sized meal like 4 hours before. Eating food while you are on it can be sorta tricky because it's easy to eat way too much and upset your stomach. Food like granola, nuts, berries, etc can be good but be sparing with it.

Keep a backpack with food, water, weed, money, keys and your wallet and phone in it if you plan to leave the house. Pockets are not too reliable on LSD.

Be aware of possible physical effects; slight nausea (you probably won't throw up), chills, stomach discomfort, muscle and jaw tension, sweating.

Have a great time :)

I'm opposite lsd is pure recreation for me..mushroom cause me anxiety and neg. Thought loops not to mention lsd is so much cheaper ;)