going to college with a record

question regarding this subject. I was busted for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia... I got all the charges against me put on diversion, and have nearly completed all the requirements on my part for the diversion contract. according to the terms of diversion, if I complete the requirements and stay out of trouble for a year (I plan to stay out of trouble period) then there will be no conviction against me and it won't go against my criminal record. when I successfully complete the diversion program, will this prevent this from causing me problems with my financial aid and school? I haven't reported anything to the school, as there is currently not a conviction in the case. do I need to be worried about losing my chance at education over a misdemeanor?

-OcO-

u cant get denied on a charge that aint a conviction yo. only if u been CONVICTED. u aint...so....quit stressing...

I don't think colleges do criminal background checks. Neither do the federal loan people.

I have heard that you can lie and say you are not a criminal, and they will never find out.

Since its none of their business I wouldn't disclose anything. I don't think they will look it up. If they do look it up and find out, you are no worse off than you would be if you had never applied.