• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Going to church high

High_Anglican

Greenlighter
Some religions may regard this as sinful, or even sacrilegious, but I don't, since for me cannabis is a spiritual thing, not a degenerate thing. On that note, I'll share my experience...

Back in March, I met up with my friend in the parking lot of a church and inhaled some THC vapor from an e-joint (I believe it was indica). Once I was sufficiently high, I then went into the church for the Mass (it was an Episcopal church). And it was such an amazing experience. The sound of the choir and organ music, the smell of the incense, the shapes and the colors in the stained glass windows were much more intense. When I looked at the priests in front of the high altar, incense wafting through the air, I felt like I was looking at the portal to another dimension. I felt this holy presence piercing my heart. And every single word in the sermon had deep, deep meaning.

Has anyone ever been high in church before? Since weed is not yet fully legal in my state (the experience was in DC, where it is a legalized, controlled substance), are there any herbal supplements or combination thereof that would replicate the effects of cannabis indica?

Last edited:
I prefer attending church a bit high. I've only used weed but I do think shrooms or lsd would be fun. I'm a bit concerned how offensive I might be on shrooms to the less liberal attendees.

I consider church the best social club ever, I'm very open about my marijuana use and probably everything else as well. I don't go out of my way to rock other people's boats usually, I actually use church to connect to different places where I volunteer.

I've picked a church similar to my childhood without the judgmental old "church ladies". The music is great and its the best meditation time I have all week.

My religious views are none existent but I am empathic and people are amazingly open in church, it's easy to connect with people in that setting.

Live music played with serious passion is a huge plus.

...I think you mean empathetic, YB.

Empath's "read" other's emotions. Like, they literally feel them through some telepathy-type shit. Now, I'm not saying that's not what you do, it totally could be and that'd be dope as fuck.... but I'm pretty sure you're just good at connecting with others' situations and relating them to your own experiences.

And I'm sorry but the only fucking reason I picked up on this is god damn Star Trek and if I hadn't watched so much of that shit I never would've said a thing.... fuckin' star trek.... :\

Also, getting high and spiritualism seem to be related, in my opinion. Smoke some weed before church and go get closer to your God-- if He/She doesn't like it then they'll surely let you know, right?

I'm unsure of the star trek meanings of empathic and empathetic, I tend to use more standard dictionaries like Oxford.

Stoned and gathering with a large group, like sporting events or clubs and concerts provides a huge focused energy from the crowd that is easily felt. Churches are just another venue where people have a similar focus and are often very open.

I think in star trek they read minds, I am referring to the ability to sense the energy in the room. It is rare that I can ever determine a singular source or a specific idea or thought, when I do, i assume it's an imagined phenomena, I'm a skeptic.

Their is no such thing as mind reading and magic I think some people are getting just a little to caught up in television and fantasy and mixing it up with real life which is utterly ridicolous, MOVING ON

Well the Betazoids in Star Trek are empaths in a more literal sense than real life, like they can read your feelings with 100% accuracy is all. Not in a telepathic capacity... but I digress. I just watch too much Star Trek 8)

I'm unsure of the star trek meanings of empathic and empathetic, I tend to use more standard dictionaries like Oxford.

Stoned and gathering with a large group, like sporting events or clubs and concerts provides a huge focused energy from the crowd that is easily felt. Churches are just another venue where people have a similar focus and are often very open.

I think in star trek they read minds, I am referring to the ability to sense the energy in the room. It is rare that I can ever determine a singular source or a specific idea or thought, when I do, i assume it's an imagined phenomena, I'm a skeptic.

Nah, in Star Trek an empath (one capable of empathy) "reads" and, under certain conditions, can manipulate emotions-- sometimes on a mass-scale.

But hey, man, when you said you go by the Oxford definition I fuckin' went and looked the two up and it seems my distinction is based completely in science fiction.

Well the Betazoids in Star Trek are empaths in a more literal sense than real life, like they can read your feelings with 100% accuracy is all. Not in a telepathic capacity... but I digress. I just watch too much Star Trek 8)

Dude.

THANK YOU.

Their is no such thing as mind reading and magic I think some people are getting just a little to caught up in television and fantasy and mixing it up with real life which is utterly ridicolous, MOVING ON

Are you 15? 16? Have you covered quantum entanglement in your college physics classes yet? Magic is just technology sufficiently advanced that it can not be distinguished from magic. Mind reading, to the extent that quantum entanglement is a real phenomena is also real. Don't be in such a hurry to discard the wonders of the world.

Tom

idk why but I learned/saw this yesterday and this feels like a good place to amaze some young souls. Someone posted something like this:

051962014cc0be849982716757d34cfb43ca61-wm.jpg

and then in response the whole internet got schooled

fe66b78e9e8fb5949e195e70bebd0452.png

that shit seriously mindfucked me for a good hour and a half yesterday, just thinking about floating consciousness.

Some religions may regard this as sinful, or even sacrilegious, but I don't, since for me cannabis is a spiritual thing, not a degenerate thing. On that note, I'll share my experience...

Back in March, I met up with my friend in the parking lot of a church and inhaled some THC vapor from an e-joint (I believe it was indica). Once I was sufficiently high, I then went into the church for the Mass (it was an Episcopal church). And it was such an amazing experience. The sound of the choir and organ music, the smell of the incense, the shapes and the colors in the stained glass windows were much more intense. When I looked at the priests in front of the high altar, incense wafting through the air, I felt like I was looking at the portal to another dimension. I felt this holy presence piercing my heart. And every single word in the sermon had deep, deep meaning.

Has anyone ever been high in church before? Since weed is not yet fully legal in my state (the experience was in DC, where it is a legalized, controlled substance), are there any herbal supplements or combination thereof that would replicate the effects of cannabis indica?
Haha reading this made my day! You're fine dude. Nothing wrong with enjoying some medicine that the good lord created for us. Just love and worship God with all your might, love your neighbors, and blaze away!!!

Never gone to church high but I used to listen to a lot of spiritual talks or read the Bible stoned and it definitely enhances the experiences and helps you focus on the spiritual messages.