View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Going to a movie on psychedelic

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Girlfriend and I discussed this and said would be best if we timed it where we drop when we get to theatre then find a longer movie and just enjoy the movie

I used to go out all the time on mdma, and thinking maybe 20-25 mgs 4-ho-mipt.

anyone with experience with this?

I've watched plenty of movies on psyches but never one in a theater, although I have been to a movie theater on copious amounts of ketamine.
I don't see a problem provided you are experienced with psychedelics, don't overdo the dose, and pick a movie conducive to the psychedelic experience.

So the movie started, and immediately I am transported to a world of fear and horror. If you have seen the ring, then you know the part where you see the girl in the closet, and her horribly contorted face. When I saw that, my friends and I completely lost it. We sprinted out of the theater screaming.

anon. "My Deepest Fears Land Me in Prison: experience with LSD and Cannabis (ID 20041)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2003.
read it. he took 9 tabs of lsd and smoked four bowls so obviously he dosed real high. probally not a good idea to watch a horror

I've watched plenty of movies on psyches but never one in a theater, although I have been to a movie theater on copious amounts of ketamine.
I don't see a problem provided you are experienced with psychedelics, don't overdo the dose, and pick a movie conducive to the psychedelic experience.

not experienced on psychedelics, empathogens yeah, just done 4-ho-mipt once before. Probably best to wait until more experience, yeah ?

was thinking deadpool

Certainly don't take 25mgs of 4homipt. 7-8mg is plenty for a movie in a theatre imo.. other people's chips crunching is not conducive for an immersive experience though..
I have dosed 25mg 4homet to watch twin peaks at home, but that is a whole other setting.

I find watching movies on the peak of a trip a waste.
Maybe - in the comfort of my own home - on the tail end...but generally i find it too passive, i'd rather journey through my thoughts and altered perceptions than try to make sense of a narrative or get kicks from images on a 2D screen.
I prefer staring at blank, flat surfaces on trips :)

not experienced on psychedelics, empathogens yeah, just done 4-ho-mipt once before. Probably best to wait until more experience, yeah ?

Yes. A movie theater is an enclosed, public space that may require you to sit near other people (possibly a lot of people) and remain quiet. This means tripping there will be a challenging experience (not in a good way) for anyone who is not very experienced with psychedelics. I suggest you wait - after you've tripped a few times, you might decide it's not a very exciting idea after all.

was thinking deadpool
A violent movie? even worse. :/

The fakeness of movies is too apparent to me on psychs.
I used to like kicking back with some fresh fruit and watching Yellow Submarine on the tail-end of a trip back in the day.
But i wouldn't go to a cinema. Sounds daunting and confusing.

Yellow Submarine on acid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to a movie theater to watch Yellow Submarine with my buddies, all on a heafty dose of LSD in 1972. The theatre was crowded with hippies and freaks. Very very good memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must have been amazing!

I guess i'm thinking more of a cinematic experience that isn't in and of itself "psychedelic" in theme/aesthetic - and being surrounded by people who aren't tripping (in the dark doesn't sound appealing either).

But watching Yellow Submarine in '72 on acid in a theatre full of freaks?
That sounds incredible, sir =D

It would honestly depend on the movie and type of psychedelic.

Something short acting would be a waste as a darkened room would negate a lot of enjoyable visuals. If the plot was too complex or emotionally intense it would also be tricky. Often at home I'll stop a movie mid way if it's becoming too confusing.

I really love sweet colorful movie experiences such as a wes Anderson or even a silly slap stick comedy. It's nice to drop LSD as soon as you find your seat and let the movie set your trip during the come up. Choose something not too long and by the time it ends you can continue your adventures for the rest of your trip. Obviously cinemas come with crowds, but a daytime setting on a weekday would be perfect.

i dropped acid once and saw baraka on the big screen in london. it was outstanding.

alasdair

Baraka and samsara are two of my favourite go to background movies when tripping

Besides for a trippy movie I wouldn’t go either to a theatre high on psychedelics.

Think about the foul smell of artificial butter, dorks loudly stuffing their face besides you, sugar boosted hyperactive brats yelling at high pitch, having to go through the mall indoor amusement park, waiting in a lobby listening to blaring Hollywood music…yuck! This is something out of “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”

On the other hand, I went (early on quiet school days afternoons, high on moderate LSD doses) to watch Avatar and Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland in 3D at IMAX. It was great…but don’t forget, the trip last 12 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOmtVFQ3WF8

I saw The Shining at the theatre with a friend on mescaline. It was an afternoon matinee so the place was pretty empty. I don't remember either of us really talking much, just looking at each other gasping and saying damn! That was spooky but kind of fun at the same time.

It really depends on the subject matter of the film and what you're able to handle mentally on psychedelics.

For example, I watched "It's Such A Beautiful Day" on a high dose of LSA and had a wonderful time.

Now I've also watched episodes of "Dexter" on mescaline because I was uncomfortable going outside at that time of night. Bad choice.

I once ate 3 grams of shrooms and started watching "Boys In The Hood". Bad choice again. I didn't get past the violent opening scene.

Be really careful about what you choose to see. My vote is for an artsy, trippy, emotional movie on Netflix at home, like " It's Such A Beautiful Day". Even dark stuff is cool, like "The Shawshank Redemption". You can learn a lot about yourself and your motivations with heavy subject matter.

Koyaanisqatsi is good too.

i recommend doing it at home, i took 300 mg dxm with 1.5 mg of clonazepam and some weed, and watched john carter, i remember it being pretty fun, but there was only 4 people in the room, and i took clonazepam

i felt like i was entering the movie, and i had seen it before to, but it was like watching a totally different movie

I ate 300mcg ALLAD and went to see Jurassic World by myself.

I dropped two hours before the movie and was tripping HARD before I even walked in the theater.

One of the most incredible experiences of my life

I took a healthy dose of MXE and saw Star Wars Episode 7 this year. It was awesome. At one point I felt the experience becoming a little intense. The theatre was completely full and a little paranoia was creeping in, but by focusing on my breathing I was able to shift back into my comfort zone, completely forgetting everyone else in the theatre while being fully engulfed in the experience.

I find 2C-I very suitable for this. Keep the dose low enough to be comfortable and find a suitable movie. Also works at home.