• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going over 400mg Tramadol?

WorldWarMe

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys, I've recently visited Mexico for a holiday and it's true about what they say about the Pharmacies. You can buy ANYTHING you want without a prescription, but the thing is, it's god awful expensive. It's NO PRICES. An OC 80 NO PRICES. It's ridiculous. I've already spent quite a bit on the other opiates and I want something cheaper now.
NO PRICES

The thing is, I've always been able to get high as fuck on Tramadol before, but that was a while back. I've taken a few opiates lately and I'm afraid my tolerance may have raised a bit.

My question is, instead of taking 400mg, could I possibly take 700mg-800mg? I know it raises the seizure threshold and what not but I also know that benzos help counteract that. I have 10mg Diazepam and 2mg Alprazolam on hand to possibly help with that.

So, could I take 800mg of Tramadol if I took 10mg Diazepam around 30 minutes before dosing?

Also, please no "oh Tramadol doesn't get you high lelelelel". Tramadol seems to work wonders on some people, and I personally happen to be one of them. Deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, tramadol is not a "true opioid", so it's not completely cross tolerant with true opioids like codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone, morphine, hydromorphone, etc. In fact, I don't even think there is cross tolerance between them at all.

So taking doses over 400 mg is outrageous and dangerous, nevermind the fact that you got benzos on you. I would first start low (250 mg) and go from there. I wouldn't go above 500 mg (does tramadol even work at doses over 400 mg), not even a single microgram. Take the diazepam (Valium), forget about the alprazolam (Xanax) as it has very poor anticonvulsant properties, while Valium is a powerful anticonvulsant.

Last edited:
Alright well I've taken doses of 400mg Tramadol before, so there's no worries there.
Should I take 400-500mg Tramadol with 10mg Diazepam?
How dangerous is the mix? I have a really high benzo tolerance and my opiate tolerance is decent. I can easily take 700mg Codeine and feel nothing and I took 70mg Hydrocodone last night and felt only a little bit (I had to dose another 80mg to get fucked).

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, the internet here in Mexico sucks and it cut out as I hit post.

Last edited:
I don't think doses above 400mg are any more efficient. Foolishly I have taken doses up to 600mg and didn't feel any different than I did from just 400mg. I don't even believe there were more analgesic effects. Just from my experience with Tramadol.

And as for cross tolerance, wouldn't there still be some since Tramadol, even not being a true opiate, has activity (weak) at the mu receptors? There may not be much of a cross tolerance but I'd assume there would be some.

And as for the pharmacies in Mexico, they do have everything. Under the table they sell most of the popular opiates, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, hydrocodone. They were greatly overpriced. I picked up a bottle of Tramadol also because they were so fucking cheap and was everywhere. I used them for my Methadone withdrawals.

From research Tramadol does have a 400mg deiling dose.
I'm still going to take 10mg Diazepam and 500mg Tramadol.

But, as I asked before, considering my tolerance stated in my second post, would mixing the Diazepam and Tramadol be dangerous?

Also, if I do mix the two, would the Diazepam possibly dull the effects of the Tramadol?

The usual warnings for combining tramadol and diazepam apply, but considering your tolerance, it should not be dangerous. In fact, the diazepam will provide some protection from the possibility of seizures.

I agree with K'd-OUT, you're not going to gain much by going over that 400mg "ceiling", TBH.

If anything, the diazepam will increase any sedation and enhance the painkilling effects and euphoria you'e going to get with the tramadol.

Alright, thanks guys.
One more question.
My friend wants to try some too, and I have 5,000mg so I don't mind sparing any amount.
He's 220 pounds, works out. To cut to the chase, he's huge. The thing is, he takes steroids also. I highly doubt that would make a difference but I thought I would add that in.

Anyways, he wants to be high as hell, so I was thinking of giving him 250mg. He has NO opiate/opioid tolerance.

What do you guys think?

Give your friend 100 mg. It was perfect for me with no opiate tolerance. 150 mg would be okay, I guess, if he really wants to feel it. Anymore might just be too much.

Are you sure? When I took it my first time I took 100 and felt absolutely nothing.
Remember, he's also a BIG dude.

Try 100 and if that doesn't work add 50mg more.

Just because you didn't have a reaction/effect to it doesn't mean he won't, always best to start low and work your way up :)

ive taken alot more than 400MG daily before.... sometimes if i run out of opiates ill use tramadol as a way to avoid some WD's.... It actually works really well for not being a true opiate.... however to answer the Q your not supposed to exceed 400MG daily... like i said ive gone up to 800-900MG daily before to keep the WD's at bay.... i would not suggest this as your seizure possiblity goes up greatly. On another note i mix it with either a Benzo or some gabapentin (both anti seizure types of medication) to help mitigate the chance of a seizure and because they generally go well with tramadol for WD's

Alright, well, he INSISTS on taking 200mg. He wants to be pretty high.

Anyways, back to the main subject. I now have three 10mg Diazepam's.
How far over the limit (400mg mark) could I go on 5mg?
How far could I go over on 10mg??

I know you can't give me exact limits, but what are your opinions?
Also please don't say anything about ceiling doses, I've taken 400mg Codeine and felt nothing then took 700mg and felt it. I don't think ceiling doses are very true, at least for my body.

Sorry for the double post, I kinda want to take these ASAP.

There's a difference between the ceiling dosage of codeine (which has to do with metabolism into morphine) and the ceiling dosage of tramadol (which has to do with you having a seizure).

If your friend insists on taking 200mg then he can take 200mg.

I really can't tell you how "far you can go" with 5mg diazepam, 10mg, I can't tell you because I don't know. But I can tell you that pushing that limit isn't really something that you should be messing with....

Play it safe :)

I assume I should be safe going to 700mg with 10mg Diazepam in my system, right?

Possibly, but I can't make any promises.

Plus you're not going to get much higher after 500 or so mg anyway...

One more thing - I have a high benzo tolerance but I've never taken Diazepam before. I know there's cross-tolerance but I assume that I should get a little higher from the Valium considering it's new to my body.

Now, it's safe to mix these two drugs right? Lets say I take 10mg Diazepam then 30 minutes later take 400mg Tramadol, I'm not gonna die or anything right? haha

Thanks for all your help by the way, I appreciate it.

It is safe to mix the two drugs, yes, and because you have a tolerance for other benzos you'll be cross-tolerant for diazepam, but, you're right, it won't be a full tolerance.

Now, it's safe to mix these two drugs right? Lets say I take 10mg Diazepam then 30 minutes later take 400mg Tramadol, I'm not gonna die or anything right? haha

You won't die, and not a problem man. :)

This might irritate you but I have one more question.
In your opinion how far should I space the valium/ultram dosage?

I just took the valium so when can/should I take the ultram?