• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Going from meth to coke ?

That basically happened in 70s and it’s pretty much happening again with not so long ago, underground and event with pretty specific crowd is becoming a mainstream way of partying and therefore loosing a lot of shine.

Same is with old-skul rave compared to modern venues where MDMA is a thing.

So again all leads to proper things staying more within small groups I guess.

Another important thing is that people have to pretty much decide to not take meth, coke or heroin for some reason, and those who don’t love any of those 3 are very rare. While a lot of people can’t handle psychedelics so that combined with no WDs, no urge to redose and not really being hand in hand with capitalism gives net result where we don’t see psychedelic epidemic.

Another large part of it in the 70's (most of it, IMO) was that people had smoked pot and not grown tits, and taken acid and had normal children.
They figured they were lying about coke, too.

I can easily use $500 worth of coke in a 24 hour binge.

$50 of meth would last me a very long time.

I know people that have gone from coke to meth because of the cost and duration, but I don't know anybody who's done the reverse.

OP, is your goal to get off stimulants entirely?
No, just had a rare & serendipitous chance to try some coke (haven't touched it in 25 years or so), and I was wondering if I would even feel it since I'm pretty accustomed to the stimulant high via meth. I was hoping for at least a little different sexual component. Well so far the answer is NO! because it's evidently some stepped on bullshit that might be 2% coke and 80,% lidocaine and 28% talcum powder. If I'm lucky. ... anyway it was interesting to see how this thread developed, thank you everyone who contributed, very cool !