• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Going from Heroin to Kratom maintenance.

Seanbbb

Greenlighter
Hello drug fans,

Here is a little background.
I have been an opiate addict off and on since I was 16 years old. I am 24 now. I have experience with Oxy and Heroin mostly. For almost 2 years, from 22-24, I was on Kratom daily, taking 9-12 grams a day in 3 doses. It kept me stable, helped me focus, and alleviated a good portion of the anxiety and depression which I suspect I began to use because of. I began using painkillers again on occasion 6 months ago, tried to get off them for school (which I started again) but ended up with a much worse heroin habit somehow.

Past month and a half using .3-.5 mid quality ECP IV. I just took 3 days off with the help of tiny, submiligram, doses of suboxone intranasal. Felt some withdrawal but highly tolerable other than the awful brainfog, depression, and occasional chill. However I had a final today and convinced myself that if I didnt pick up I would be too foggy to do well on my test. Used a small amount last night and this morning. I do not plan to do any more but was wondering how the transition back onto a maintenance kratom dose will be. Regardless of feedback I will post my findings. My goal is to be stable on kratom and I would like to accelerate the process however I can. Any advice is appreciated.

Your transition should be relatively smooth. youll probably still feel a little withdrawal, but if you get the kratom dosage correct, you should be feeling much better. Try your best not to mix kratom with H, just take the kratom when you start to feel withdrawals, and stick with that at whatever dosage you choose until you feel comfortable enough to drop down. It should take about 3-4 days for you to get stable on kratom.

Wow bro you are literally in the same situation I'm in . Addicted since 18 now 23 school started got back bad into it, yesterday had final dosed up promised myself this mini break before next semester I'd quit . Ugh this sucks good luck man I'll stay updated here with you since we're going through the same thing

That Kratom is a life saver, man. I was really into oxys for a few years and then Suboxone...you are doing the smart thing switching to Kratom rather than jumping from the H or taking methadone or Subs, those end up being just as bad as the opiates you are trying to kick. I'd keep the Kratom dose as low as you can, if you can do 12-15gs a day that would be a good spot to be in. 5gs 3 times a day could work, i tried to get down to 3g X a day...try not to use subs that often, they stay in your system forever. I was on them for about 2 years taking around 8mgs and it took me 14 days to be fully done with WDs, stick to Kratom if you can...give your body a couple of days to switch from H to Kratom without taking any H. You got this.

Hey all responders! Great to hear we are getting feedback and simular experiences. A bag of powder was given to me by a friend while withdrawals were starting to get bad, and it was so shiny and white it was hard to turn down. I didn't in fact. But I'm now 26 hrs without opiates. Felt bored most of the day. I'm 26 hours without opiates and the detoxing had started. I took 5 grams of kratom about a half an hour ago and it has helped with all of the relatively minor symptoms I was experiencing. To be clear I would say I was in the tired, restless, hollow, runny nose, a little achy part of the withdrawals, which I call the "junkie limbo", when I dosed the kratom. I feel much better and should sleep well tonight I imagine.