• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going from fentanyl to suboxone

I've been on Suboxone for just give days. I'm taking 4mg a day. NOW I have to have surgery on Friday. (2 days from now on June 23rd.) I'm gonna be back on pain meds. Oxycodone 30mg qid. My question is, how long should I wait to take the pain meds b/c I'm gonna be in pain. Like I said I've only been on the subs for 5 days at 4mg a day. My Doctor says since I've been on the subs for only five days, I should be ok. I say giving it 24 hours couldn't hurt. Your input is greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested I just went through this horrible PW switching from fent to buprenorphine. Based on personal experience I believe this only occurs when you've been doing some strong form of fent (stronger than patches which are too weak to even touch me) for a week or two and then switch. I've switched from practically everything to 8mg subutex with no problems even with only a 6 hour wait. Recently I had some H known to be mostly fent for two weeks. Last dose was midnight and around 2pm I didn't even feel too bad but got bored and iv'd an 8mg sub and it was the most intense instant withdrawal I'd ever experienced and even the hardest stuff I could find locally barely made a difference until 16 hours later.

Bottom line: I believe u can do fent on top of bupe or even switch back and forth so long as you're not on a high fent dose (I'm thinking 4-18mg/day) for more than a few days straight... In that case for godsakes switch to ANYTHING ELSE for a few days before touching a sub.

I switched from methadone to SUB via a 2 day fent "bridge," and though I was terrified of PWDs, I was A-OK!!! Lol, think of all the waiting to be in WD folks have done, and now doctors finally figure out how to switch a brother!!!!

crashing... Whats up man? Yeah i just chomped down the rest of the sub i had. Like 4 mg more. This precipitated withdraw thing must only be a myth. I took sub 19 hours after wearing a 75mcg fentanyl gel patch. I seriously feel way better after the sub and im kissing the floor that i wasn't met with horrid withdraw times 10. I have to be at work in 2 hours and it would look freaking terrible showing up there in fucked up shape.

precipitated withdrawal is not a myth. You must not had a big enough fentanyl habit. Most detoxes suggest waiting 72+ hours before you dose Suboxone coming off of street dope.

I almost died from precipitated withdrawal I took 8 mg coming off a 2 month fentanyl IV habit with Tramadol in it. About 24-30 hours after my last shot. When I tell you I almost died I mean that it’s no joke my body lost the ability to regulate my temperature I was in the shower with full clothes on full heat when the paramedics took me out at 6 AM.

It was ugly