• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction going crazy trying to prep Morphine Sulfate for IV

OsamaBinNoddin

Bluelighter
Ok so i just ran into a couple of the 30mg Extended Release morphines( Purple pill, ABG imprint) and ive looked all across the web and i heard it was pretty hard to prep them as they gel up..the method i tried was basically how you would prep a roxi or Dilaudid for IV..id scrape off as much purple wax as i could then crush thepill and put the powder in the spoon and then add water and stir. I heard heat makes it gel up so i used ice cold water to Mix it with and it STILL GELS UP! i used 100 units of water, and was only able to suck back like 40 units and then the rest of the gel shit was way too thick and i couldnt get anything else back so i just licked the spoon..

i did feel a lil something off the little bit i was able to get into the syringe, but my question is is there anyway of prepping these more effeciently without having to do some complicated shit? the only other method i saw was using a centrifuge and well i dont have 1 lol.

just tried to prep another one using the pinch of salt method, and well the salt didnt really help for shit..after using 100 unitts of water, 2 cottons, and then re-adding more water i was able to draw up like 60 units, but it is still like impossible to Prep these, atleast it is for me..Does anyone have any tips or adviceto give me while trying to prep these damned ABG's? if worst comes to worst and i cant figure out how to prep them can i snort them(worst case scenario)

Don't snort those! They just get all gunked up in your nose. It's fucking disgusting, and you get nothing off them. It's actually better to clean the coating off, break em up and swallow them. They suck taken orally as well, but it's better than snorting.

Of all the pill form opiates, I'd say these are probably my least favorite. They basically impossible to prep for IV(without having some binder/filler in there) and they give me horrible stomach aches. No other painkiller gives me stomach aches.
I just had 3 of those same pills a couple days ago. Was considering trying to prep for IV, but ultimately decided to forget it. A friend of mine had a method that produced a clear shot(I'd have to ask him what it was) but it still made me leery.
When I was considering it, I did some research on here. There's a morphine megathread in OD's. The consensus seems to be that plugging is the best ROA. I've never tried sticking drugs up my ass, but people swear by it.
Here's the link to the thread - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...hread-amp-FAQ-S?highlight=morphine+megathread
Good luck with those shits. I'm gonna grab some dope. Heh. Oh yeah, I laughed at your screen name.

I get the same ones every month the watson abg's and I can get a very clear bitter tasting shot. You are basically on the right track what I would do different is use 200 units of water per pill and stir a little but the key is to use a cotton that is big enough to suck up all the liquid and from the time that you add the water, stir and use the cotton should be real fast like less than a minute. After your rig is filled up you will have some gunky white goop left in the spoon which I guess is the gel and the binders and shit left over from the pill. I also tryed the salt which made no difference either way and I have tried the mallinkrodt brand which will not work at all if you try to prep those pills like this. I refuse to use heat so the abg's are actually the only ones I have found to get a good clear bitter tasting solution. I also usually do another wash of the cotton and still get a clear but alot less bitter solution.

^ If you are shooting any pills you should use a micron filter, to prevent fillers/binders such as talc from entering your bloodstream and causing lung disease (talcosis)..

Micron filter megathread and evidence for their use :)

Shooting a waxy pill like morphine ER is always going to be dodgy - you don't want any of the wax getting into your veins..

Ok you sound like you are getting the generic mscontins. To shoot these if you absolutely must shoot them you have to use a micron filter. A micron filter is a must with any pills or even heroin in my opinion but with these fuckers it's a must as a missed shot almost guarantees a abscess. I have shot them many times and thankfully so far I'm not dead nor have i had any complications from IV use. This says nothing as to what shape my insides are in though :\

If they are the generic mscontins you need to scrape off all the coating on the pill before you do anything else. Then crush the pill up as fine as possible and throw about 2cc's of water in the cooker. Heat the water to almost boiling BEFORE you throw in the morphine and then put the morphine in and stir it up real good until it cools down and turns into gel. Heat again and the wax will rise to the top once your around the boiling point and scrape the wax shit off. Repeat this process for good measure to make sure you have all the wax out. If you need to add more water that's fine as it's better to have too much then too little. Let it cool down and the resulting solution should have the same consistency as water and have no particles in it. Suck it up into a syringe using a regular cotton filter and then refilter with a micron filter.

It takes awile to get this process down path but now i can do this in about 5-10 minutes. Granted getting into the habit of shooting these godforsaken things is not good. Make sure the brand you have does not have any nasty water solubles like talc. Never inject anything with talc in it.

I should have pointed out that the use of a micron filter does make the shot alot safer. I also wanted to say that heat is not required when prepping the abg's which is the specific brand he has. As I pointed out in my reply it is the only brand of mscontin that I have found to work with just cold water.

Dudes! Use the search engine, I know myself and a few people already discussed this. Use the method where you heat the water first (to a boil) then drop in the powder and cotton (into your cooker) and suck it up really fast. Anyway, I'm not typing it out, but look and you'll find it in a thread, guaranteed. This will save you from wasting the rest. The ones that went to gel are now only good for extended release.

Dudes! Use the search engine, I know myself and a few people already discussed this. Use the method where you heat the water first (to a boil) then drop in the powder and cotton (into your cooker) and suck it up really fast. Anyway, I'm not typing it out, but look and you'll find it in a thread, guaranteed. This will save you from wasting the rest. The ones that went to gel are now only good for extended release.

Please don't tell me you suck it up into the syringe while it's hot? You might as well just suck the gel right up and inject it if that's the case. i know lot's of guy's that have gotten abscesses from these due to poor filtration.

Haha, I didn't finish writing my process, I was just giving him direction on what to search. I actually just read your post Paranoid, it sounds like we do it a similar way. I use two cookers, I draw it up into the first 3cc syringe hot, then squirt the solution into a second cooker, let it cool completely to make sure all of the wax that was hot has a chance to precipitate out, then from there, I double filter it, or triple depending on how clear it is (if I don't have a micron). I remember you're from NFLD, I'm just in NS so the brands we get are probably the same. But, most of the wax is left behind on the first go, then just trace amount the second time. It works great though, a few of us were discussing it one day. I just recently had some Novos and believe it or not, they seemed to gel even more quickly than the Purdue MS-Contins!
But yeah, if you check out one of the threads you can check out my method if you're curious.

Dude take pill take purple coating off with spit or whatever just becareful over sink cause there slippery place in spoon use a I u 100 I use 3 bat but I do 4 at time put about two full points of water on pill , heat till u see edge of pill crumbling remove flame take a spare plunger the push end and smash till it gets all sticky and gooey Then add about a cc and a half or more and heat till wax is apparent and floating blow or pus aside I use a cig filter Toss in and pull up the syrup don't be scared to add water the wax mainly sticks to filter but it takes practice good luck. Also if u feel u fucked it all up add more water heat and break point off suck up all u can clear bowels and plug it FYI it works and saves on a miss or a wasted shot

Last edited:
Well you guys have hundreds of post so your method of using heat is obviously superior. This guy specifically has the ABG brand. I have posted twice now that prepping an ABG does not require heat weather crisping or dropping the water into the hot spoon or whatever other twist on the method. I am not saying that it won't work with heat but I am saying that with a little practice he can prep the pill and get a very nice solution with the use of only cold water. Also as this thread is in the (HR) harm reduction section it would make alot more sense to not use heat if it is not required.

couldnt you just do the Iso Alcohol method? That works for Oxymorphone. Put 91% iso instead of water on the powder, evap the alcohol, scrape up the residue, and water, enjoy?

Edit by me : Use the search engine, there is a much more detailed version of what i just said and probably one you want to check out %)

Last edited:
Just because someone has hundreds of posts doesn't mean they are correct. The above method involving heating and using cotton and using spit to wipe the coating off is completely unsafe and flat out horrible advice. Heat just gets more fillers/insoluble particles into your solution which then precipitate back out once cool. Also, shooting pills without a micron filter is not safe or smart to do.

I urge you all to not listen to that method. Just because you can ultimately end up getting it into yoru syringe doesn't mean it is even remotely safe for your veins. Plugging is a much better option.

Just because someone has hundreds of posts doesn't mean they are correct. The above method involving heating and using cotton and using spit to wipe the coating off is completely unsafe and flat out horrible advice. Heat just gets more fillers/insoluble particles into your solution which then precipitate back out once cool. Also, shooting pills without a micron filter is not safe or smart to do.

I urge you all to not listen to that method. Just because you can ultimately end up getting it into yoru syringe doesn't mean it is even remotely safe for your veins. Plugging is a much better option.

He is absolutely right. Spit? When I was working ICU at a hospital there was a drug addict that came in for severe respiratory failure and a horrid staff infection that started festering because of how unclean it was and open. For some reason when she started getting better, all the sudden her condition would worsen. What she was doing was shooting Fentanyl and using almost the same method, but she was using spit for some type of prep. She died in a few days because of the severe infection she got from an interveinious infection that spread so rapidly we would have killed her trying to do anything. That is horrible idea, I STRONGLY urge you not to do that method. I hear Iso Alcohol 91% + works for some people, if you use the search engine you can find it rather easy. Plugging is pretty much just as good and it lasts longer too. I wonder if an Acetone was would work as well? I'm just guessing and curious about the acetone.

OH MY GOD PEOPE HARP ON THE DANGERS OF SHOOTING PILLS BUT NEVERMENTION THE DANGERS OF SHOOTING STREET DRUGS!!!! Heroin/Cocaine/Meth im pretty sure have some way more nastier inactive cuts that can be more damaging to ur body then pills. so come on guys, when someone mentions IVING street drugs, please harp the dangers on that!

Crisp them. The ones you have are the hardest to iv but it IS possible. My friend has the M 30 tiny purple ones and he just used this method and worked fine and gave him the rush of a lifetime (never iv'd pharmaceuticals..only H). Take coat off of pill, crush as fine as possible, grab a big spoon and spread powder in spoon as evenly as possible. Now using a candle or lighter begin heating bottom of spoon. Make sure morph isn't boiling at all or you'll ruin your hopes of getting a rush. Use a razor blade or tip of knife to constantly move powder around so it doesn't all brown at once (again, ruining your hopes of catching a rush). Once you have a consistant beige color you're good. Add around 60cc per pill, if you cripsed correctly you will not get gel at all, it took him ruining one of his 30s to get it right. But man once he did it was worth it.

Ok, first off, DO NOT HEAT THEM. All it does is expand the wax.

Secondly, do you have 3cc syringes? If not, you simply CANNOT INJECT THEM. It simply won't work, unless you do like half a pill at a time(and even that's iffy).

If you do, then injecting mscontin is ridiculously easy. Seriously, I don't understand why people have trouble.

All you is grind the pills up, into a VERY FINE POWDER. Simply crushing them won't work. They have to be at a very fine consistency. This will take several minutes, at least.

Once they are in powder, heat up some water, SEPERATELY. Now, add 3cc warm water. Stir it up, wait just 1-2 minutes, and draw through a thick cotton.

Then, just slam it. Note that, even with this method, you can only inject 2 tablets, at most. And 1 tablet is preferable. If you do use 2 tablets, filter twice.
(Obviously you should use a micron filter, but since you don't have them, and can't simply go to the supermarket and buy them, cotton will have to do.

With this method, it hardly gels, and it all gets trapped in the cotton. Seriously, you use 3ml of water, and with practice, you can get 2.7-2.8 back.

And for anyone who doubts the validity of this simple method, a university used this exact method(but with 4ml hot water) and extracted over 95% of an mscontin(2 different brands, if I recall) with 3ml, they we're still able to get roughly 90%. Yes it's crazy, a university did this, but they did! They even let addicts try it afterward, from what I understand!!!