• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Going back on oxy from subs then cold turkey

wwbiker832

Bluelighter
I am constantly fighting my own battles have tried subs but never used them for more then a day. My current issue is that I binge on oxy for a month or 2 and stop. Withdrawal for a few days then feel better. My question is for a plan me and my freind have come up with. He wants to jump of the subs cold turkey however, what if he went back onto to oxys for maybe like a month and then jumped off the oxy? Wouldnt that avoid the longer withdrawal that subs cause?

ehm, Not the best idea, he's going to withdraw from the oxy then, which depending on dose if he keeps it low like 20-40mg won't be excruciating but it will still be pretty tough, the plan should maybe consist of a week tops of substituting with oxy perhaps even less and then prepare for the withdrawal to come, maybe even go for the lowest dose that work of oxy and over the course of a short amount of days taper down each day, theres no 'best' way to handle withdrawal tapering is one way that does make it easier since it gradually lowers your tolerance and makes wd and readjusting smoother but its always somewhat tough to some degree

We know it's going to be hard we figured that a old turkey withdrawal from oxy would be shorter then a cold Turkey withdrawal from subs. That's what we are trying to do. Reduce the possible length of time. Either way it will be brutal just trying to keep it as short as possible. I have always heard sub withdrawals are alot longer then oxys

I slept on average 3 hours a night for 7 evenings straight while jumping off from 2mg subs to zero mg subs. Oxy-immediately release 30mg to 10 mg to 5 mg was more comfortable but took clonazapam on day 7 and 8 of this quick tapper and it worked specifically for me. Used clonazapam during jumping off 2mg subs but getting off Subs was 2-3 times worse!!

The short answer is no. This is not going to produce the effect that you're after. Do some research into the "Kindling Effect" if you aren't already familiar with it. Essentially, you have the option of either dealing with the slow and low withdrawal that Buprenorphine gives or the hard and fast one that Oxycodone gives. If you simply start taking Oxycodone again for a month or even a week for that matter, you will end up with pretty much a full-blown Opioid dependency.

As long as you are comfortable enough to function but not be high at all, you're going in the right direction.
Your body needs to learn how to make its own opioid chemicals, as it's stopped doing so because you're providing artificial stimulation.
I've never had much experience with oxy but I've heard of people going from sub to ox to make the rattle shorter.
It varies person so person, soif it was me, I'd go as slowly with the sub as a could, then when I wanted off, at the lowest possible dose, (try skipping days too). I'd help that week or so with loperimide, valium/clonaz and pregabalin (probably the best opiate comfort med going). Don't take the benzo/gaba for more than a week or so to avoid rebound anxiety and relapse.

Good luck!

The short answer is no. This is not going to produce the effect that you're after. Do some research into the "Kindling Effect" if you aren't already familiar with it. Essentially, you have the option of either dealing with the slow and low withdrawal that Buprenorphine gives or the hard and fast one that Oxycodone gives. If you simply start taking Oxycodone again for a month or even a week for that matter, you will end up with pretty much a full-blown Opioid dependency.
The goal is hard and fast, we know withdrawals are going to happen just want to get over faster. If harder equals faster.. that's fine

As long as you are comfortable enough to function but not be high at all, you're going in the right direction.
Your body needs to learn how to make its own opioid chemicals, as it's stopped doing so because you're providing artificial stimulation.
I've never had much experience with oxy but I've heard of people going from sub to ox to make the rattle shorter.
It varies person so person, soif it was me, I'd go as slowly with the sub as a could, then when I wanted off, at the lowest possible dose, (try skipping days too). I'd help that week or so with loperimide, valium/clonaz and pregabalin (probably the best opiate comfort med going). Don't take the benzo/gaba for more than a week or so to avoid rebound anxiety and relapse.

Good luck!
I've cold Turkey oxy more times then i can count unfortunately, we are trying to go for the fast and hard approach versus the long drawn up sub withdrawals route. I have the right ammo, (pretty much everything you listed) just wondering how long should the jump back on the oxy be. Fast hard is goal

Again it's variable but around 2-3 weeks should be ok. If you can, try not to get high on the oxy, but just comfortable, and even taper that. Hard and fast sounds good now, but it won't when you're actually 3 days into oxy withdrawal!
Good luck!

Again it's variable but around 2-3 weeks should be ok. If you can, try not to get high on the oxy, but just comfortable, and even taper that. Hard and fast sounds good now, but it won't when you're actually 3 days into oxy withdrawal!
Good luck!
I've been there it's hard as hell, to be honest I don't think he has any idea what he is in for. I hope I'm wrong but we will see

Can you get methadone? If you want to take oxy for a couple weeks, then stop, you could try again ultra fast methadone taper. There's a good thread on it one here or Other Drugs somewhere and people swear by it!

🤔
Nope I.cant find it. Look up rapid methadone taper. A lot of people say it's miraculous!
You basically start with 40mg, and drop 10 per day. I think!

Oh and you would need to be kicking oxy, not sub for it to work

I am constantly fighting my own battles have tried subs but never used them for more then a day. My current issue is that I binge on oxy for a month or 2 and stop. Withdrawal for a few days then feel better. My question is for a plan me and my freind have come up with. He wants to jump of the subs cold turkey however, what if he went back onto to oxys for maybe like a month and then jumped off the oxy? Wouldnt that avoid the longer withdrawal that subs cause?
OK, like zonxx said taper to the lowest dose of oxy u can. Now, don't go ct. It is unnecessary suffering, ur gonna need the following to make wd bearable and increase the chance of success:
Loperamide
Clonidine
Gabapentin
A Longlasting Benzo(Diazepam or Clonazepam)
Wait at least 16 hrs since yr last dose then take 20-40mg loperamide,it takez a few hrs to make effect but its a life saver. Also dose 300mg gabapentin every 30-40 minutes until you reach 1200-1500mg. Use benzos only when you feel like you need em, dont overdo em. Idk much bout clonidine but ive heard its a good aid aswell, dunno bout doses but u can check on other pages. Use the loperamide for the first 3 days, gabapentin for the first week on those doses then start tapering until u dont need it anymore. U can continue using the benzo to sleep and relax only as needed like i said and maximum until the 14th day(2 weekz, u dont wanna get dependent on them).
If you follow this short guide correctly you can reduce the withdrawals by 70%, ur still gonna feel shitty and lethargic but not the actual unbearable pain that is going cold turkey. Using these aids, especially gabapentin and loperamide are lifesavers. They are also cheap and easy to get. GL on ur wds man, stAy strong. NZN 💪