• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

God logic

awesome31311

Bluelighter
In the bible, all things are possible with god. Therefore, according to the bible, it is possible that god does not exist.

Yes, this is true.

Do you have something in mind for how this thread might develop? I'm struggling to see how this might turn into a fully fleshed conversation but I'd love to be enlightened. :)

I read that to mean... this construct we seemingly live in, it is capable of producing anything.

Define "anything" or "something" and we have a hope of conversation.

Otherwise we have a monologue... with undefined terms I might add.

But I am a mere "Fool", and my number is 0.

A definition is a set of ideas that two or more individuals agree apon enough so that an exchange of ideas is actually possible. They are only a negative thing when an individual decides that his or her "definition" is absolutely correct and therefore the only possible idea. If we cannot understand what the other person is trying to say, how can we possibly discuss them?

Hey, that's a really great example of a negative definition.

Thanks !

EvilSmallCorydorascatfish-small.gif

Something cool, if you remember the film 'Exodus : Gods & Kings' there were few articles which stated that the movie should be banned for historical inaccuracies, the irony here haha

When religion dies stupidity goes along with it remember these words, nothing new though. Instead of discussing this useless shits let's take a rabbit out of hat

One important fact to remember is that religion is something that has been entirely constructed by human experience.

That mean it can be dismissed as easily.

This makes me think of some textual analysis of old and new testament I've read recently, supposedly there's a lot going on between different authors (even in same text sometimes), so you can see who's writing what and why, who's arguing about what and why, who is revising what and why. Its kind of fun to read, I guess some people take their religion really seriously. ("No, man, your stuff's not serious enough, we're not gonna put in the Bible." "Aw, come on man, this stuff is some serious shit man, we gotta put it in!")

our perfect blue planet was quite still at the center of it all, that all of the stars and planets rotated around the earth had long been forgotten.

some could not help to look at the clockwork once more.

to keep looking up and knowing how good it is.

To the extent religion is part of human experience it can't be dismissed without dismissing human experience.

in my mind, i am free
free to explore
the deepest questions of the universe

from the stars and the planets
to you and me

Don't ask questions about the origins
of the Universe for that is the work of God.

It's not quite as difficult as it seems.

The universe is made up of just three
ingredients. MATER, ENERGY, and SPACE.

How was the Universe made and how does it really work ?
Check it out.

Good for you. I am willing to stipulate that your God exists if you are willing to stipulate that if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

I would agree that religions are systems used to describe experiences, but I can't agree that they should be labeled human experiences. That would mean that all we are is this and there's no differentiation. It's interesting how a lot of people who write off religion have never really taken the time to try and think about where religion is coming from. This notion that religion is totally constructed out of nowhere or is just fanciful thinking is kind of limited in its scope.

Many religions are centered around spiritual truths and the various practices, doctrines and methods which can possibly lead a person to have the same experience. They also attempt to use different cosmologies to describe the fundamental truth of a spiritual reality. Such a reality is not constructed, it is simply present.

I would agree that religions are systems used to describe experiences, but I can't agree that they should be labeled human experiences. That would mean that all we are is this and there's no differentiation. It's interesting how a lot of people who write off religion have never really taken the time to try and think about where religion is coming from. This notion that religion is totally constructed out of nowhere or is just fanciful thinking is kind of limited in its scope.

Many religions are centered around spiritual truths and the various practices, doctrines and methods which can possibly lead a person to have the same experience. They also attempt to use different cosmologies to describe the fundamental truth of a spiritual reality. Such a reality is not constructed, it is simply present.

?
sori i use up so much space but THAT WAS AWESOME

did you ever hear that Jesus might be a mushroom ????

** no it really was ** !❗