• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

But god didn't create evil for his pleasure.

Evil men created god for their own pleasure and power...

I agree. W e all have evil within us. We created the gods in our image because we knew/know that evil is necessary and good and pleasurable to engage in.

Regards
DL

I agree. W e all have evil within us. We created the gods in our image because we knew/know that evil is necessary and good and pleasurable to engage in.

Regards
DL

Wow, result! :LOL:

However, the concept of 'evil' is just an ignorant way of describing severe mental illness, or even worse, a way to discredit others with an opinion different to your own (this is what the organised religions excel in). It is neither necessary, nor good, nor pleasurable. It is a fault in the human condition...

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL
You are a nutter mate I'm probably gonna see you on the news one day for a mass suicide secret cult

Wow, result! :LOL:

However, the concept of 'evil' is just an ignorant way of describing severe mental illness, or even worse, a way to discredit others with an opinion different to your own (this is what the organised religions excel in). It is neither necessary, nor good, nor pleasurable. It is a fault in the human condition...

I enjoyed my sins. Why did you do yours if not for some reward?

As to why we have to sin.

I did this for a Christian but you should understand it.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.

That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.

In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

Regards
DL

I enjoyed my sins. Why did you do yours if not for some reward?

As to why we have to sin.

I did this for a Christian but you should understand it.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.

That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.

In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

Regards
DL

You're conflating pleasure with sin. Pleasure is a biochemical reaction in the brain, whereas sin is a manmade concept to control people with different viewpoints. Evil and sin are one and the same in the eyes of the 'just'...

You're conflating pleasure with sin. Pleasure is a biochemical reaction in the brain, whereas sin is a manmade concept to control people with different viewpoints. Evil and sin are one and the same in the eyes of the 'just'...

Conflate.? No.

I stated a fact that you do not and cannot refute, so just tried to dismiss it by putting the wrong label on it.

Pleasure is available and likely be you doing good or evil.

If not for some pleasure or gratification of some kind, why did you do the sins you have done?

Regards
DL

Conflate.? No.

I stated a fact that you do not and cannot refute, so just tried to dismiss it by putting the wrong label on it.

Pleasure is available and likely be you doing good or evil.

If not for some pleasure or gratification of some kind, why did you do the sins you have done?

Regards
DL

Right. Define 'sin'.

I'm not sure if I understand the context of the question, which is usually what I'm told on account of my learning disability.

I'm not sure if I revel in the act of maliciously hurting a person who I can sense is evil anyway... but I've been known to, in the past, justify my actions based on the fact that whoever I'm hurting is a malevolent cunt. In my defense, I don't really think I get any satisfaction out of this. Rather, I do, but mostly because of circumstance. Most psychopaths from what I know base their actions on a select few learned behavior traits, all of which are incredibly low vibration. The only thing that's pleasurable about hurting a sadistic fucker is the fact that that tendency tends to rub off from him to me in the process.

Right. Define 'sin'.

I'm not your bitch.

Try the dictionary.

It is likely that we would not argue much about the definition if you are not redefining that well defined word.

I think you are coping out and that is why you made such a stupid request.

Regards
DL

I'm not sure if I understand the context of the question, which is usually what I'm told on account of my learning disability.

I'm not sure if I revel in the act of maliciously hurting a person who I can sense is evil anyway... but I've been known to, in the past, justify my actions based on the fact that whoever I'm hurting is a malevolent cunt. In my defense, I don't really think I get any satisfaction out of this. Rather, I do, but mostly because of circumstance. Most psychopaths from what I know base their actions on a select few learned behavior traits, all of which are incredibly low vibration. The only thing that's pleasurable about hurting a sadistic fucker is the fact that that tendency tends to rub off from him to me in the process.

What I put applies to normal people.

If you bring the insane into this, I will go silent as I have no idea of how they think. Many psychiatrist even today have a hard time defining their psychological labels and that is why they often combine them when speaking of patients and their conditions.

Regards
DL

I'm not your bitch.

Try the dictionary.

It is likely that we would not argue much about the definition if you are not redefining that well defined word.

I think you are coping out and that is why you made such a stupid request.

Regards
DL

Ah yes.

Sin: an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"

A word so well defined that it is totally open to interpretation... :\

Ah yes.

Sin: an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"

A word so well defined that it is totally open to interpretation... :\

Most moral tenets are, given that they are almost all objective and not subjective.

I did say we would likely agree and here we are doing just that.

Regards
DL

Many psychiatrist even today have a hard time defining their psychological labels and that is why they often combine them when speaking of patients and their conditions.
Good point.

Answering from a personal point of view here then: I believe I do get pleasure from doing evil things. Do I try to set myself to a higher standard to prevent myself from doing these things? Perhaps.

On a different note: I recognize the pleasure in doing evil things in an arbitrary way, perhaps more metaphysical than most do. Without going on senselessly about my "psychic" capabilities of recognizing malevolence and trying to come across like a benevolent person myself: I see evil in a way that a scientist can watch the spread of cancerous cells under a microscope. I see in occult persons how they acquire their power and get a general sense of what the pleasure in their doings looks like. I see waves of transformation in society guided by an evil hand and pleasure seems to come out of it in things that like the media that entertain so many minds. But I feel as if there's no way I could open my perspective to support an open-ended conversation on this particular topic.

In response to your own particular thought that seems to stand out most on this page: I feel like I understand the necessity of evil in God's plan as well. Ultimately, I can't speak much on this matter, though personally I recollect a lot of small intervals through an image streaming technique called "instant-replay". Going over various videos throughout history I believe I can see that the masses are verily swayed one of two ways. Many people are swayed to a sort of love of God and appreciation for God while others seem to be drawn to darker forces, meanwhile I believe that the majority of the people might remain either somewhere in the middle or somewhere on the outskirts. Meanwhile, God's plan seems to share virtually nothing except that which supposedly religion, through things like scripture, can present. I don't have a fricken clue what God's plan is but I have been touched by the light of people who have faith in that and so have chosen to accept these people as a crutch as I hobble around through a dark world with an air that suggests I am neither enlightened by God nor darkened by any of these hardships.

Edit: I feel that I am just not humble enough to support God's plan. Rather I choose to be blindly guided by it.

Good point.

Answering from a personal point of view here then: I believe I do get pleasure from doing evil things. Do I try to set myself to a higher standard to prevent myself from doing these things? Perhaps.

On a different note: I recognize the pleasure in doing evil things in an arbitrary way, perhaps more metaphysical than most do. Without going on senselessly about my "psychic" capabilities of recognizing malevolence and trying to come across like a benevolent person myself: I see evil in a way that a scientist can watch the spread of cancerous cells under a microscope. I see in occult persons how they acquire their power and get a general sense of what the pleasure in their doings looks like. I see waves of transformation in society guided by an evil hand and pleasure seems to come out of it in things that like the media that entertain so many minds. But I feel as if there's no way I could open my perspective to support an open-ended conversation on this particular topic.

In response to your own particular thought that seems to stand out most on this page: I feel like I understand the necessity of evil in God's plan as well. Ultimately, I can't speak much on this matter, though personally I recollect a lot of small intervals through an image streaming technique called "instant-replay". Going over various videos throughout history I believe I can see that the masses are verily swayed one of two ways. Many people are swayed to a sort of love of God and appreciation for God while others seem to be drawn to darker forces, meanwhile I believe that the majority of the people might remain either somewhere in the middle or somewhere on the outskirts. Meanwhile, God's plan seems to share virtually nothing except that which supposedly religion, through things like scripture, can present. I don't have a fricken clue what God's plan is but I have been touched by the light of people who have faith in that and so have chosen to accept these people as a crutch as I hobble around through a dark world with an air that suggests I am neither enlightened by God nor darkened by any of these hardships.

Edit: I feel that I am just not humble enough to support God's plan. Rather I choose to be blindly guided by it.

Humble is overrated. It just means that a person is n9ot sure of their position due to poor thinking.

I prefer to engage with confident people who have thought an issue through well enough to have confidence in their conclusions.

Humble is for fence sitters and all they end with is a fence post wedged up their #^%.

Regards
DL