• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

glutamate excitotoxicity

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
I have been experiencing symptoms the day after phenibut use that I believe are do to a sort of glutamatergic storm--excitotoxicty... I think I may have done some permanent damage. Is there any way to reverse this? and also to mitigate it? would weed help? sleeping? gabapentin? valium? should i be concerned about having a stroke? I experienced similar day-after symptoms with ghb as well. and now believe it's due to glutamate excitotoxicity

You can't reverse permanent brain damage, there are only a few brain regions that are able to regenerate (it's called adult neurogenesis and iirc it's only in the hippocampus)
I doubt that you experience glutamate excitotoxicity , what makes you think that you did some brain damage? Maybe you're just having a bad hangover/rebound symptoms? And did you check the purity?
Valium should help, as it'll hyperpolarise neurons, but it's just another sedative and there may be rebound symptoms after its out of your system..

What evidence do have that you have experienced brain damage? From a third party perspective i see a post with logical gramatically correct sentences with structure . Are you sure you are not experiencing severe anxiety a known common effect of abruptly stopping antianxiety drugs