Recruiting GLOBAL survey of cannabis cultivation

the survey quit working for me when i tried to answer/move on from question #11. somethings wrong with it

Hey there - can you tell me which country's survey you were completing when it failed? then we can test and see what the problem might be.

Sorry for the delayed response - I've been on leave.

From starting the questionnaire - I advise people against providing such detailed information to someone other than their friend or family - we have no idea who you really are Tronica, and what you represent, despite your portrayal of this.

Considering this UK study is coming from the University of Kent in the UK - who is funding this? Who organized it? Why? And most importantly who is this information getting passed onto?

The questions asked are very specific - the information gathered could really help fuel for perpetuating the illegitimate drug war against plants.

My intuition is telling me the type of questions asked are not for altruistic purposes, but so Police and law enforcement agencies AKA corporate gangsters know what to look for, where, and how to combat it...My intuition is almost always spot-on too.

Hi B1tO'RoughJack

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away on leave.

As to who I am, it's a fairly open secret which you can read all about here and here and here and here ;) I'm an Australian researcher working on various illicit drug policy projects. I'm paid by Curtin University and bound by their ethical standards (and my own). I work with a large group of researchers on this project - including the UK team from London Southbank University and University of Kent.

Yes the information we gather in our surveys is very specific - we want to be able to do sophisticated comparisons of cannabis cultivation across different countries. We want to use this information to better understand how drug policy affects cultivation.

Many growers have been concerned about our questions - eg. we ask about whether you engage in criminal activities (other than growing). We ask this not because we think that growers are criminals, but because it is important for us to be able to say in our results that most growers do NOT also engage in other crimes like rape and murder. Asking a question does mean we expect you to say yes!

We have already had some positive press in Australia from the study, which you can read here - without the support of many 1000s of cannabis growers, we would simply not have these positive stories in the media on cannabis cultivation and medicinal use.

Of course it's your decision to follow your instinct that I'm some kind of imposter, but I hope the above will give you some cause to reconsider that judgement.

Furthermore, you can always choose to miss any question by choosing the 'I don't want to answer' option. this way people can participate but only in the questions where they feel comfortable :)

Thanks. Just asking for more info. And reminding people to stay vigilant in these perilous times, when our herbs are outlawed. I will read all THAT later. Peace

Yes, the German language survey was launched in November.

Best thing to do is just go straight to www.worldwideweed.nl - look for your country's flag and click on that link. Or you can fill in the 'rest of world' survey if your country is not represented.

Last 3 days of australian survey

LAST 3 DAYS OF AUSTRALIAN SURVEY - NB some countries are still recruiting :)

Since July, we have been surveying Australian cannabis growers. 562 growers have generously given their time and sharing their information, stories and expertise through our survey. We thank all of you for your efforts - it is really appreciated by both of us.

We will be closing the survey at the end of the month - yes, that's this Thursday 28 February.

So, this is your last chance. If you have ever grown cannabis, and have not yet completed the survey, go to http://worldwideweed.nl/ and click on the link next to the Australian flag.

If you know anyone who might like to contribute, please forward them this post.

FYI, we have already done considerable media based on the interim samples both in November and last week. In November, we focused on medicinal use, and last week on the number of plants above which growers can be automatically charged with supply, as well as animals eating crops (which appeared offline in the mX nationally). The Hack story is the most detailed - I recommend taking a listen.

Hack, Triple J [mp3 - 30 mins]
Cannabis growers risk supply charges - Nine MSN
Skippy's getting stones - mX
Backyard pot grown for health - Fairfax (Sydney Morning Herald)

We will be updating you as we progress with formal data analysis. We look forward to presenting more findings and discussing them with you!

Many thanks,
Monica Barratt & Simon Lenton

I know. Bluelight isn't the only place we are promoting the survey :)

Most of the surveys are now closed, having already attained enough growers. The UK and NL ones are still open though - if you happen to come from those countries.