Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Girls

scratch that i just watched the first 4 eps and its terrible ....

I fucking love this show so much. Lena Dunham really is a genius....she is the master of being achingly smart and achingly superficial all at the same time. It also intrigues me how she appears at times to be rather unattractive and other times totally gorgeous. I have found that people either get it, or they don't. I personally appreciate the hell out of someone who can make me feel as entertained and as uncomfortable as she does.

Can I also just say that the season two, episode three where she takes the cocaine and goes to the club was epic. Throw in the marnie/booth subplot and you have some of the best tv around. I seriously laughed the entire time. Greatest show on tv at the moment, in my opinion.

I do kinda have a soft spot for Jessa, but really, I detest 99% of the characters in this show.

Blech, Jessa is my least favorite character, even after serial foot-in-mouth awkward prude Shoshanna. I don't understand her British hipster attitude, and her storyline interests me the least of anyone.

Overall, I really like this show. I agree that it is a form of SATC for a younger generation, but I still really enjoy the rawness, slight awkwardness and truthfulness of the characters. Also agree with whoever said season two, episode three where Hannah and Elijah snort coke and go to the Andrew party - Icona Pop's "I Love It" has been on repeat ever since!!!

I watched a couple old episodes and thought "what the fuck is this BS?" But now I really enjoy the show & record every episode on DVR.

Was away from my HQ for a minute and had some catching up to do.

Her OCD rearing its ugly head again has made the show even better. And I liked hearing Lena talk about afterwards. Seeing her walk home from the hospital in just a t-shirt was great.

With the next episodes, I got a little torn up over Shosh and Ray breaking up. But, where could it have gone anyway? Shit, where's he gonna live? Charlie and Marnie's scene was extra sweet, but will she be over it in 2 months? Damn, that show of vulnerability really got to me.

Oh...oh my...Adam's heroic rescue to come care for the dramatic Hannah. She wants to manipulate in, this, her time of need, because, well, she needs someone Was that a lot of commas, or was it just me?). He was perfect. And he wanted nothing more to be her big strong man.

It's becoming quite clear that I have no idea how to sum up a show. I just yammer on about the feels I have.

Christopher Abbott, the guy who plays Charlie, quit the show. Not much of a loss in my opinion, since they made his character so boring. Makes me wonder how they'll handle it, especially since he left on bad terms with Lena Dunham. Knowing her, she'll probably hire a look-a-like to play him long enough to kill him off in a gruesome way.

This show's first season was great. This second season was very lackluster, but I'll give it one more chance this next season. Lots of shows suffer from the sophomore slump.

i didn't like the first couple episodes, and that episode that was all lena in the apt WTF.
i really don't like her character too much and they threw in the OCD randomly but it worked out i think, they fleshed it out enough.

i did start to like her come the end.
and marnie <3
i am really upset about charlie leaving the show because they just got back together. as much as i hate it, i see a lot of uh myself in marnie when it comes to her and charlie's relationship compared to my on again off again relationship of the past 4 years (on for a year, longest yet!)..moreso than any of the other relationships on the show. so i was really happy when she finally said all that in front of the brunch place and they got back together. i'm pretty bummed about that storyline being shot now, and as i'm not a crazy hannah fan, shosh is whatever, and jessa is out the window i don't know how much i'm gunna like the next season.

i really enjoyed the jessa episode with her parents, i really related to that conversation with her father on the swings and different comments she made about abuse that got blown over. i feel like if you didn't have weird fucked up parents who treated you like shit and abandoned you all the time that you could never count on and you had to take care of, you won't get jessa's character. even before they showed all .that i KNEW that was like what was behind her character.

some character types are just built from certain things, and when people seem fickle or flighty or afraid of commitment, in that type of way that jessa was, it's usually due to serious pain in the past from that type of abandonment, and if it's from a parent it's a lifelong thing.

so yeah, team jessa and marnie.
wow, that really makes me a shitty person. still better than anyone whose team hannah or booth jonathan though. by far. hahaha

Booth Johnathan is the worst kind of loser. Season 2 really came on strong after the "Manitou" episode where Jessa & Hannah went upstate.

ok so i have watched this show pretty consistently...
do i love it? no
but do i keep watching ... yes
shall we discus? - I think so

(p.s. sorry if there is already a girls thread but i didnt see one)

Hanna landed a freaking kickass job despite herself and now she wants to quit because it isn't artistically expressive .... whatever I would count myself lucky to have a job like that even if I was "selling out"

i'm curious, who do y'all root for on this show? i found it had no like-able characters which made it harder to enjoy.

i'm curious, who do y'all root for on this show? i found it had no like-able characters which made it harder to enjoy.

So true... I guess the thing with this show is I can relate to all 4 girls in different ways yet I like none of them
so is the next season going to take place in iowa then lol