Girlfriend in 6 year relationship just broke up with me after my cancer diagnosis and 6 month chemotherapy.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So as above, and I had no idea it was coming. I've just relapsed on everything I gave up...even alcohol. I'm not blaming her, but I'm in big pain now, I'll admit it publicly I'm a 42 year old man with a massive history of drug and alcohol abuse, and my girlfriend leaving me has triggered a full on 72 hour blow out. I'd already relapsed on the benzos and the oxy's, but now we've got alcohol (10 years dry) and bone (10 years no pipe) involved. I'm scared a non- intentional OD is coming up. Im taking valium, pregabalin, oxycodone, alcholol, bone and citalopram, In a hotel, alone. Just needed to write it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don’t stay alone. Even if it’s just a family member that you don’t know well, like a second cousin, or if you can find your best friend from your teen years, try to get ANY companionship. If it’s someone you don’t know well (like the people I mentioned above), you don’t have to lay all your heavy stuff on them, just let them know you need to hang with an IRL person bc your feeling down. Everyone gets that.

Or try Meetup.org/.com? They have social events daily that a bunch of strangers get together on. Even superficial company will get your mind off of things.

So as above, and I had no idea it was coming. I've just relapsed on everything I gave up...even alcohol. I'm not blaming her, but I'm in big pain now, I'll admit it publicly I'm a 42 year old man with a massive history of drug and alcohol abuse, and my girlfriend leaving me has triggered a full on 72 hour blow out. I'd already relapsed on the benzos and the oxy's, but now we've got alcohol (10 years dry) and bone (10 years no pipe) involved. I'm scared a non- intentional OD is coming up. Im taking valium, pregabalin, oxycodone, alcholol, bone and citalopram, In a hotel, alone. Just needed to write it somewhere.
Srry for what I'm about to say but WHAT A HEARTLESS BITCH SHE IS, INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING IN THIS FKING HORRIBLE SITUATION URE IN, SHE LEAVES U? WHAT A CUNT. Man, I'm so soz thst u have to deal with this but if she left is for something, don't kill urself. Maybe, someone better will come to your life later. everything seems very bleak atm but things will get better eventually.
U need to be brave rn, I send u much ❤ love and nothing but good vibes✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Get someone to be with you right now, u can't be alone during these hard times like someone said above. Come on, you needa be Xtra strong especially during these times.
Love you brother 💙 🙏

Hi people thanks so much for your support, it's not going well, especilly with the alcohol and the bone pipe making a reappearance, I've done my conkers and this will be my 5th night in the hotel. I'm not suicidal, but the amounts of substance consumed is alarning. I'll go and eat then sleep and see whats happening. The feeling from the alcohol and the bone pipe after 10 years off is almost unbeleivable.

Hi people thanks so much for your support, it's not going well, especilly with the alcohol and the bone pipe making a reappearance, I've done my conkers and this will be my 5th night in the hotel. I'm not suicidal, but the amounts of substance consumed is alarning. I'll go and eat then sleep and see whats happening. The feeling from the alcohol and the bone pipe after 10 years off is almost unbeleivable.
By bone pipe....u mean u smoking white? :eek:

We aren't gonna judge u man....but 5 days? Wow not even when I was 21-23 I went on a binge that long. U shud get some rest man. Don't u have any downers with u? Altho with all the alcohol if u took a benzo there's a chance ull never wake up again. Mhmmm lay off the pipe for a bit. Get some rest man, we all love you here and are very worried. We don't want you to drop dead In a hotel room bro. Get some rest pleashhh ✌💯✨

But, like, we were together for 6 years. I thought I gave her love and I thought she gave it back. But why wait until now? She says it's not because I'm I'll and it absolutely and obviously is. I mean, I don't know what to say to her. Maybe she got sick of being the "Carer" to the "patient". I don't blame her actually. But If the shoes were swapped, no way would I leave someone after chemo for 3c grade3 cancer. Like, what does she think love means?

But, like, we were together for 6 years. I thought I gave her love and I thought she gave it back. But why wait until now? She says it's not because I'm I'll and it absolutely and obviously is. I mean, I don't know what to say to her. Maybe she got sick of being the "Carer" to the "patient". I don't blame her actually. But If the shoes were swapped, no way would I leave someone after chemo for 3c grade3 cancer. Like, what does she think love means?
She's a cold bitch man. But u know, at least she's shown her true face to you and that's a good thing. Something similar happened to my buddy when he was in rehab he went to a 90 day program and his gf and mom of his child broke up with him (she was 23 and he was 30) the girl wanted to party and more dicks apparently pffffff my friend now is clean has almost full custody of his kid and he's fking good girls + the cheap bastard goes on holiday with his kid. Life is better for him after she left he always says to me. It hurt at the beginning but she showed her true colors and that's wayyyyy more important.