• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Girl tweets "2 Drunk 2 Care" before killing 2 people in wrong-way crash

Bluelight Crew
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/11/kayla_mendoza_accident_drunk.php

On Saturday night, hours before authorities say 20-year-old Kayla Mendoza pulled her Hyundai Sonata onto the Sawgrass Expressway going the wrong way and crashed into a 2012 Toyota Camry, killing the two passengers inside, she tweeted "2 drunk 2 care," her Twitter feed shows.

Mendoza, of Hallandale Beach, who calls herself "pothead princess" on Twitter and has slightly altered the spelling of her name on the social media site, has dispatched scores of tweets detailing what appears to be chronic marijuana and alcohol abuse -- some of which even occurs inside her car.

Florida Highway Patrol says the wrong-way driver hit the Toyota just after 1:45 a.m. Marisa Catronio was pronounced dead at the scene. Her passenger, Kaitlyn Ferrante, was taken to Broward Health North, where she later died. Mendoza was also transported there and is in serious condition.

"The vehicle came upon a Toyota Camry, struck the Toyota Camry head-on, and the passenger of the Toyota Camry was pronounced dead at the scene," Sgt. Mark Wysocky told NBC 6.

The story continues: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/11/kayla_mendoza_accident_drunk.php

When I drove drunk (in the past I behavior I greatly regret) I never fucked with a phone. Ever. Why the hell would you? The point is to get home and be safe. Fucking stupid.

Last edited:
Gotta be pretty fucked up to drive the wrong way on the interstate.

i hope this woman gets life in prison. 2 drunk 2 care well too stupid for mercy. she should be serving 100 years just in case she lives to be 80 plus she will stilll be in jail next century. fuck this bitch. twitter is the nexus of stupidity and narcissism, i feel like twitter should be held responsible for the shit people post. i know there is no logical way to make that happen but people post stupid and dangerous shit on twitter all the damn time but they usually dont face plant their car into another car

Reminds me of when I was getting a ride to a smack dealers house from a fellow junkie, and this dude was nodding hard and trying to text while he drove; the passenger had to grab the wheel and wake his ass up at one point. Scary as fuck idgaf then though cuz 2 fucked 2 care.

Anybody remember the rapper that tweet yolo before dying while drunk driving?

Last edited:
This is the kinda shit that sterilization is for. Her genetic material is tainted. You know what else, they should sterilize all her friends too. She obviously had a captive audience if she had the balls to post that shit.

If she doesn't get life, I'll be pissed.

What a horrible waste of life..

Drunk driving is no joke a car full of kids died in a my state last year and we've really cracked down since then.

Even worse to see her boast of it. Youll be pretty popular sittin in prison.

Don't drink and drive. Don't text and drive. It's not hard. This dumb bitch will care when she sobers up in prison.

same situation, minus the tweet, happened at my university when i was still there about 2 years ago. he is doing serious time. he killed more than 1 person going down an exit ramp onto the highway speeding. he was so drunk he had no idea which was what. we all found out because one day his room-mate came home and his mom cleaned out his room, his school locker was emptied and he basically physically vanished from the face of the earth. it is equally as much of a tragedy for the perpetrators life as many of these cases involve young people who just dont have the reason to make more calculated and smart choices. the girl was 20. shes young. to those who say she should serve the rest of her life in jail or too stupid to live is such a stretch. may this girl who committed the crime come to terms with herself and the families she affected and ask for forgiveness. people can change, we should not deny that. tragic tragic story....

Why does the drunk driver survive way more often than the ones they crash into?

Terrible story.
She should spend multiple decades in jail, for sure.
But I feel that 20 years is enough for anyone to change - no matter how much of a scum sucker they were when they went in.
So I would re-evaluate her again after 2o years in jail, and be willing to give her another chance then, if it seems that she has changed her life dramatically.

The murder weapon in this case was a car.
Maybe we should make cars illegal?

Why does the drunk driver survive way more often than the ones they crash into?

If that's true, there are at least 2 explanations:

1) God is an ironist.

2) A car's collapsible front end absorbs much of the force of a collision.

In my heart, I lean towards the second.