R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girl is excessivly commenting on my Instagram

rollsolo

Bluelighter
Hey all,

So I've been trying to hookup with my friend of 3 or so years and finally made a move on her a couple weeks ago without her reciprocating. I then stop talking to her for a couple weeks. I had a bike race over the weekend any my team had training pics up on our business Instagram and she started posting comments on there like, "Go guys go". and cheering me on which is cool and all but it got excessive. I run that Instagram my business partner so his phone was getting this comments as well. She also started posting on my personal account as well which I never gave her so that means she was searching for it. It got a bit out of hand so I had to reach out to her via text to strike up a conversation and try to see what the hell was going on.

My partner was wondering what the comments was about and I embarrassedly apologized and told him I'll handle it. I had to text her and just chat towards the end I asked her, "Other than that, everything ok?" She replied, "yes everything was cool." However, I think she just wanted to get my attention I tried to ignore her but that didn't work so I had to do what I did. If you want I can post some of the comments but where do you think I should go from here. This girl had me in the friend zone and I tried to kiss her but she didn't accept so I stopped calling her for a bit. Idk maybe she may want to keep contact or give it another shot. As of now I'm not reaching out to her as I have other things on my plate. Any thoughts on this appreciated. I know the social media especially is for sharing and I'm cool with that and putting shit out there. However, it also has it's limits.

Do you not see this as a way of controlling you ? She can ignore you when she wants but, when she wants your attention (for what ever reason) she will just spam you? I would take that as a big hint about her personality and I would either tell her you were not happy with it or move on.

The simple fact that you reacted and called her could be perceived that she 'won' ?

i'm curious about the comments and what they said.

i'm a girl so maybe i could offer some insight. the above poster sounds like it could be the reason, but i'm not sure. maybe she didn't know how to react to you trying to make a move on her, but her social media stalking is a way of her showing her interest in you?

also, maybe she's thinking about you more after that happened, and wants your attention.

best option would be to just casually bring it up and ask her about it, maybe even add some sarcasm if you're worried it may be awkward? you'll never truly know unless you're up front with her and if you guys have been friends for so long it should be talked about. it's a strange way to act towards someone suddenly on IG.

post the comments!

Jesus Christ. This shit never ends.

Gonna throw this out there before Alasdair gets the chance - JUST STRAIGHT UP ASK HER. Open and honest communication is the only way you are ever going to decipher this (or any other) woman. An anonymous forum of strangers is not the best resource for your vague and over analyzed relationship questions.

/rant

Last edited:
queenbee, I love your name :D

Yes Rollosolo, I agree with queenbee on this one. I think you tend to over think things & make situations complicated. Girls tend to like guys who have a coolness factor to them. You need to be your best self, easy going, confident, AND not difficult.

You start losing cool-guy points when you become difficult & calculated. Just cowboy it up & don't think about anything. Enjoy life & enjoy the relationship with your woman.

I think Alisdair would approve this message :)

Well I won't post any images in relationship with the comments but I'll be as descriptive as possible... So I'm on a cycling team and my team and I had training pre race. So there was a photo of me on the trainer at the race sweating during our warm up which was photographed by our photographer and posted. These were post comments from some. I'll refer to the girl as "friendItriedtokiss".

My friend Tim: Dude you are shredded, wtf, kill the race!

Me: Thanks dude,I just ride bikes ; ) @myfriendTim

My friend I tried to kiss: And your still on a bike...impressive...go name go

Me: @friendItriedtokiss Hey name, thanks!

My friend I tried to kiss: You bet!

Me: @friendItriedtokiss Thanks!
now you can just start following me ; )

My friend I tried to kiss: You bet!

The next day she went back to the same photo and said this...

My friend I tried to kiss: Again...sorry its a favorite...:)

Me: @friendItriedtokiss
Prints go for $10 bucks ; )

This was the end for that particular image. There was another one that she posted that she took with her phone a couple of months ago. This pissed me off because I told her not to post it on FB or anywhere else. The picture was of me smiling while we were hanging out and I had a smoothie in one hand and a cookie in the other. Well this is what she did yesterday...

My friend I tried to kiss: (Name) thought I should post because your so cool... with a chocolate chip cookie in one hand and smoothie in other... In the city! Oh with you 13.5hrs through over the bridges down lex and through Williamsburg and all city...
:)

Me: @friendItriedtokiss I forgot you took this, hmmm... This was a damn good night. However, I'm contemplating if what I'm holding would be considered an oxymoron haha.

I didn't take it to serious and kindly responded back, I think she might be excited about Instagram because she just joined a couple months ago and is still getting used to it. However, after what happened a few weeks ago I think she's calling for attention. I had to reach back because my team kept getting these messages along with other nonsense ones on several images that I won't post here. This is enough to exam I'd say.

You know she is calling for attention, she is posting photos of you that you have specifically told her were private.

Your into running, do it from her :D

I may be wrong but it sounds like she is overdoing it because she rejected you and wants to be nice, and values you as what you were before you tried to kiss her- a friend. Maybe she is interested in more.. Maybe she just doesn't want things to be awkward and so she is trying too hard.

On your end, you're trying to find something wrong with her, and focusing on it... Because you were rejected.

I may be wrong but it sounds like she is overdoing it because she rejected you and wants to be nice, and values you as what you were before you tried to kiss her- a friend. Maybe she is interested in more.. Maybe she just doesn't want things to be awkward and so she is trying too hard.

On your end, you're trying to find something wrong with her, and focusing on it... Because you were rejected.

This is exactly what I thought. I mean since this she's been liking my photographs on a daily basis. I'm cool with it but it's still a bit awkward.

I agree with adrenalinerushes^^^

Right on, same here! I've been thinking of making her my wing women if she's not down to hook up. She's a hot friend of mine and when we're together chicks check us out all the time. It'll make for good approach lol.