• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Girl in need of help, ignored.

I totally belive you story westlina and was shocked to read it......
Having grown up near the Fairfield area and having some friends live there...I have watched Fairfield deterioate from a nice urban sydney suburb into what I would call a mini-getto...
Lots of smackies..gang bangers ( they do exist in Sydney ) ...3 shootings in 2 weeks near my friends house etc ...and general feeling of dodgyness whenever I was there....Thankfully I live in Melbourne now and my friends have moved....
Back on-topic...This incident should most def be brought to the attention of the proper authorities and the media......
Fucking Fairfield scum..
BCR

i've witnessed 2 occurances of epilepsy. it's quite common, i think.
one was while in the line for the demon at australia's wonderland... luckily the father of the girl having the fit was there. btw, he was screaming for people to help, and very few did make an effort, most just stood back and watched.
another was on a train, a woman standing up had a fit. once again, no one came to her aid until the fit was over, and even then, very few.
personally, i dont have any idea of what to do (and should probably educate myself!) in these circumstances, and i believe some education on this sort of thing should be added to the public school system.

This is a very sad story but i think the sad truth is that even though the police have been notified and even if they are told again, they wont do jack shit, they are too busy raising revenue for uncle johny by fining everyone they can that has a low or car with neon lighting etc. I wish these dickheads would actually go out and solve some real crimes instead of just rasing more money for the piggy bank. Im sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion on the australian police.

Originally posted by Pleonastic:
I'm going to take the unpopular view here and say that the reason nobody helped is because they didn't want to put themselves at any risk.
I disagree with this. Psychological research has shown that the larger a group of people, the less chance anyone individual will help in an emergency, because an individual feels less responsibility to respond if there are others around. There is a clear increase in response time when the number of people present increases from 2 to 5, so in a group of a few hundred people, someone could easily die in front of them before any individual decides to help. Generally it's not because they don't want to put themselves at risk, but because they think "oh, someone else will help them", and if the person dies, it's "not their fault" as someone else should have helped them.

Dear BT, Could you please add the following to the thread "Girl in need of help, Ignored", if you think it is appropriate. I am having trouble logging into the bluelight site. Thankyou, westilina.
The following was taken from http://www.harmreduction.org/od2000.html and contains some info on what to do in the event of a drug overdose. It targets users in the event of their friends overdosing, but is still valid and of some use to anyone in such a situation. It helps if you know CPR. I hope this helps someone. There is more info at http://www.harmreduction.org
IF THE PERSON IS CONSCIOUS:
1. Do they know what’s happening to them? Get them up and walking around, even if you have to hold them up. Talk to them; it’s important to keep them as alert as possible.
2. If they are experiencing nausea, chest tightness, shortness of breath, choking or similar symptoms, call 000. If they are choking, use the Heimlich Maneuver.
3. Stay with them and keep an eye on them. Otherwise, they could pass out, stop breathing and die.
IF THE PERSON IS UNCONSCIOUS:
1. Check their pulse (if you know how) and breathing
Does a mirror held under their mouth fog up?
Can you feel their breath on your hand?
Is their chest moving up and down?
Can you hear their heartbeat when you put your ear to their chest? Feel a pulse on their neck?
2. If the person’s breathing is erratic or has stopped altogether, or they have blue skin or no pulse, call 000 immediately. If you don’t know how to give first aid put them in the recovery position. While you wait for help to come, continue trying to wake them.
If there is no pulse, and you know how to perform CPR, begin now (see 7, below).
If they have a pulse, just do rescue breathing.
3. Begin Rescue Breathing: Tilt head back and lift chin. Pinch nose shut. Give one slow breath every 5 seconds. If your breaths don’t go in retilt head and repeat breathing. If air still won’t go in...
4. Give Abdominal Thrusts:
Sit on their legs. Put heel of one hand just a few inches above belly button, well below breast bone's notch (fingers of hand should point toward person's head). Put the other hand directly on top of first hand. Press in and up–5 quick independent thrusts. If air still won't go in...
5. Check to see if the person's airway is clear.
6. If there is something blocking their throat, like vomit or food, do a finger sweep.
Hold down chin with one hand. Using forefinger of other hand as a scoop, remove object-see picture, left. (Don’t worry about them swallowing their tongue–that is a myth.)
Once airway is clear, restart breathing, or if there is no pulse...
7. Begin CPR
Find hand position on center of breastbone, above notch at breastbone’s bottom (See picture)
Compress chest 15 times with arms locked at elbow, then give 2 slow breaths (repeat whole cycle 5 times a minute).
Repeat until heart restarts or help arrives.
8. If you have narcan and know how to use it, give them 1mg. While you wait for the narcan to take effect remember to continue with the rescue breathing. If they don’t respond after a few minutes, give them another 1mg. If they haven’t responded after 3-5 mg most likely there is something else causing their present condition that requires immediate medical intervention. In such cases, continuing to give them narcan wastes valuable time.
9. Stay with them, and keep an eye on their condition, as it can suddenly get worse. If you must leave–for a minute or permanently–put them in the recovery position
When you call 000, say "my friend is unconscious and not breathing." If you don't tell the operator that the person has overdosed, they may not send the police.
Calling 000
Many of us are afraid to call 000 when someone we know ODs. You may have had a bad experience with paramedics, or heard stories about people being arrested when the cops came too. But if you don’t know how to do rescue breathing and/or CPR (or don’t want to), and you don’t have narcan, calling 000 may be the only way to save the person’s life. Here are a few tips for your call:
When you make the call…
• Be as calm as possible: the more things appear to be under control the less likely the cops will be sent.
• Be clear and concise. Telling the dispatcher someone’s stopped breathing should get the paramedics zipping over. If you’re asked if it’s an overdose, don’t lie. Say you think the person took something, but you’re not sure what it was.
• Make sure you’ve given them the address, phone number (if there is one) and instructions on how to get into the building. (If you’re squatting, send someone out to the street to wait, if you can.)
If you’re afraid of the cops, absolutely cannot stay and no one else is around…
• You can still call 000. If you’re on the street or in a park, calling from a pay phone is pretty anonymous.
• If you can do it without hurting your friend, take her into the street, or the building doorway. The easier it is for the paramedics to get to her, the better. (Remember to put her in the recovery position!)
• If your friend is outside, try to get a passerby to help before you leave.
• If you can’t move your friend, you can stay until you hear the sirens get really close, then split. Just make sure help can get to your friend: leave the door open, put a note up, etc. Again, remember to put her in the recovery position before you leave. A final suggestion: if it’s not your place and there’s a fire escape or back door, you can always wait until the last minute and duck out the back way.
If your friend wakes up: A person can go out again after waking up, so it’s important to stay with her (or take her to the emergency room). This way, if she ODs again someone is there to help.
When help arrives…
If it’s just paramedics: Paramedics are there to help. Give them as much info as possible: what the person took, any medical conditions you know about, etc. (You don't have to tell them you used, or that you saw your friend use.) Be respectful of the paramedics and let them do their job; they will usually only call the police if they are physically threatened.
Westilina.

This is one of the most terrible things i have heard in along time. Are you aware of what happened to the girl? Has your friend found out anything of police proceedings into the matter?
I hope this matter is sternly delt with.