• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ginger to reduce opiate tolerance

Hoppyhobo

Greenlighter
It works. I took 10 550mg capsules of ground ginger root. 1 hour later, 1 took 15mg Hydrocodone. I'm now high as hell, pinned pupils, slight nausea. I'm going to experiment some more, to see how long it lasts and if it's a permanent effect. I also need to determine if it is potentiation or tolerance reset. For reference, I'm prescribed 40 mg Hydrocodone and 40mg XR Oxycodone per day, I've been on that regimen for 1 year. I also supplement with IR Oxycodone frequently. I have been binging recently, this morning I took 65 mg Hydrocodone just to feel it slightly. Im amazed at how strong this high is. Has anyone else tried this, and what were your results? I'm going to stop taking my meds and see if it has any effect on withdrawal. This is really amazing.

Last edited:
Hello Hoppyhobo. I have not heard of ginger root for opioid tolerance or potentiation. I searched around the internet briefly on ginger root. I found a couple things that piqued my interest, but nothing concrete. There are reports that ginger root can help with esophageal acid reflux, much like an antacid would or H+ pump inhibitor would like cimtidine. These both are known to potentiate opioids. Oxycodone and hydrocodone like a higher pH and less will be destroyed if an antacid is taken before administration.

I also found another report, again nothing concrete, that it helps with dyspepsia or a slower emptying stomach. It says that patients who took 1.2 g an hour before eating help with the speed that the stomach emptied itself. This might purport your increased high since the hydrocodone was much more rapidly transferred to the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine), which is much more basic than the stomach, thus leading to more drug being absorbed.

This is all pure conjecture, but is amusing to me nonetheless. Also please keep in mind, what I've described has nothing to do with tolerance, and this might actually work to drive up tolerance. You might be increasing the bio-availability, meaning getting more out of one pill than before. I'm not sure if you are modulating any Mu opioid receptors, DA or reward circuit in your brain.

Can you let us know what else you took that day? Was this the first opioid of the day? Did you have an empty stomach?

Last edited: