• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCXIV -- it's been 2017 for over a week now and nobody has noticed .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, never IM'd anything, what happened in 2007? I can barely recall. I think you're onto something tho.

Oh yeah Shrek 3 was a good one, I particularly liked the bit where that thing happened again just like in Shrek and Shrek 2.

I suppose if the atoms in your time crystal formed a flat ring (so having their own individual x and y co-ordinates, but a constant z value) you could stack up the positions at successive moments in time in the z axis to represent time. Basically you would have multiplied the transformation matrix
Code:
(1 0 0 0
 0 1 0 0
 0 0 0 1
 0 0 1 0)
by each of the (x, y, z, t) four-dimensional vectors representing the positions of the atoms. The effect of the transform is to transpose z and t, which is a rotate-and-flip. But in four dimensions; only, one of the dimensions can now be ignored because it has a constant value, so you are taking a three-dimensional "slice" out of a four-dimensional object.

Weed helps, but not so much weed that you lose the ability to do vector algebra .....

Of course, once you can do vector algebra, then you can begin doing vector calculus. Lots of lovely simultaneous differential equations to solve!

Or ..... You can bang out a few lines of -- well, 20 years ago I would have said FORTRAN; but these days I'd use Perl, and even that's considered pretty old-fashioned; modern, trendy kids would no doubt use Python or Ruby, and some show-off out there will insist to do it in Bourne Shell ..... well, some or other programming language, anyway, and solve the whole lot by numerical approximation [relying on the facts that (1) you can only measure anything In Real Life to so much precision; so, as long as the errors in your calculation are smaller than this limit, your result will be within realisable tolerance; (2) dx/dt is Lim (x→0) δx/δt by definition so if you make δt small enough, δx ≈ dx/dt * δt and (3) a computer won't get bored after the first few thousand calculations].

A computer might not get bored in the first few thousand calculations but i got bored within the first sentence.

Now back to talking bout anything but fucking math.

Overcast, humid with the chance of late afternoon beers and cocaine

I see what your saying but it just looks like dick sizing now..
Well, any smaller and it would still be too big.

Anyway, I've just been reading about the poker 'bot Libratus, and it's hard not to get to thinking about maths reading something like that. Now, though, I have an appointment with some promethazine and a duvet .....

Well I'm circumcised so you can fill me in with the maths involved IN MA CIRCUMFFFERAASSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.