• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCVI V. Give Me Back My Pain Syringe, You Dick!

Get on chat im talking to myself here Raasy

Come back i was telling lilvibe when to talk not you lol she was talking when i didn't have mic on.she was giggling n thought you were really funny

How is everyone?

Evey

Last edited:
Consumer pleased for you. When do you start your new job? Are you excired? Nervous?

Evey

One day I will pass a solid mechanics module, and one day I will really grok mohr's circle. The two may indeed be related...

Are you struggling with the course? They can help you if you're struggling.

Evey

One day I will pass a solid mechanics module, and one day I will really grok mohr's circle. The two may indeed be related...

Regular passing of solid mechanics modules is essential for a healthy digestive system.

Let's not lower the tone by talking about Mohr's circle though.

I must put my pm notifications back on. People keep pming me n i dont notice until days later because i forgot to switch the notifications back on. I just PMd consumer but would publicly like to say thus place has been lovely latelt; full of friendliness jokes kindness n people looking out for b helping one another.

Cough im shocked I'm saying this but Sid you are quite wise for a 24 year old you contrivute really well to EADD n clearly try to help others. You n I do not get on but credit where credit's due you're a valued member of this community. Lovely also to consumer, squid n spacey as well as current members like Sadie, Kate, Ali, Raasy, G, FUBAR, Don.

Live you, EADD <3 lovely aweing you thrive once more

I feel like I'm about to have a seizure every few mins, having stopped 225mg a day venlafaxine, cold turkey yesterday. Fun 8(

I feel like I'm about to have a seizure every few mins, having stopped 225mg a day venlafaxine, cold turkey yesterday. Fun 8(

Why did you quit cold turkey on a fairly short-acting SNRI? The general medical advice is to taper or switch to something longer-acting to quit on, to avoid, well, exactly what you're going through currently. Either way though, it sucks to be going through that and I hope you come out okay.

Ah shite mate, that sounds horrible. Is it the XR Effexor?

Yeah its XR - May as well be Effexor.

Why did you quit cold turkey on a fairly short-acting SNRI? The general medical advice is to taper or switch to something longer-acting to quit on, to avoid, well, exactly what you're going through currently. Either way though, it sucks to be going through that and I hope you come out okay.

I have no good reason tbh. I guess I wasn't pleased with side effects and its money and effort to get to town to get a taper. Like I said no good reason. :/

I do have a pack sat next to me but so far haven't been pushed to take one... I am under the assumption quitting out right may be shit but not damaging. If I'm wrong I may just take one soon to be honest. I wasn't expecting side effects to be too extreme, perhaps naively.

I am not a doctor, merely a sea-dwelling cephalopod with an internet connection, but wiki claims venlafaxine is one of the worst and can have withdrawal symptoms lasting up to a year. Apparently the symptoms of CT from SNRIs are substantially similar to those of SSRIs, which is a laundry list of unpleasant but likely not severely risky side effects. All that said, it's very much a good idea to get a proper taper plan from a doc, especially for something so short acting. There's just not really any percentage in screwing around with it.

Of course, I say all of that while CTing off fluoxetine, but since fluoxetine takes a month to fully fade from the body (assuming the 5 half-life approximation is reliable) I feel the risks are acceptable and I am at least doing this aware of what I am playing with.

Yeah I feel a bit silly to be fair. I have just taken one and will taper properly. I started to get a mild headache just now too before deciding to dose. I have had a seizure before (twice) and i don't like the feeling I keep getting. I wonder how long till CT side effects disappear now. Hmm.

Yeah I feel a bit silly to be fair. I have just taken one and will taper properly. I started to get a mild headache just now too before deciding to dose. I have had a seizure before (twice) and i don't like the feeling I keep getting. I wonder how long till CT side effects disappear now. Hmm.

At a wild guess, and going purely on how other oral drugs work on me given that wiki has nothing to say on the matter of rate of solution of venlafaxine, half an hour to an hour maybe?

Hope you feel better soon, td x

Evey

Last edited:
Just stumbled in the door. 5:47am and just beat the horrid sun before it rises. I shall avoid the sun today. It will not be my friend. Blinds all drawn. 25mg of valium down the hatch. Hopefully i sleep until dinner time and completely avoid this day. Smashed.

Just stumbled in the door. 5:47am and just beat the horrid sun before it rises. I shall avoid the sun today. It will not be my friend. Blinds all drawn. 25mg of valium down the hatch. Hopefully i sleep until dinner time and completely avoid this day. Smashed.

A good celebration was had then, I take it?

A good celebration was had then, I take it?
A bit too good but i have avoided doing the walk of shame when the suns up and everyone's on their way to work. I only just avoided that but i am quite happy i did. Nithing worse than having someobe you know see you strugglibg home in the morning

Your not having a good time lately TD :(, hope your ok man. I know they're not related but I CT'd from 100mg Seroquel XRs per night for 2 months and suffered no withdrawals.

Just been to the doctors myself. Finally got the results from some blood tests kidneys are functioning fine and the scan showed nothing so hopefully I'm finally in the clear, they've taken more bloods to be sure the tests consistent. So it's either just damage from the stones I'm still feeling or something else entirely. I did say to the GP I felt the service throughout the whole thing left a lot to be desired, 8 weeks later 4 doctors appointments 2 trips to A&E and an ultrasound they still don't have any answers. i get that it's a general practitioner but the experience shouldn't leave you feeling you could do a better job than they're doing.

Is the BlackMamba dad just Perkins back trolling? I can't make up my mind, but it smells funny :S

Evening people. Glad you had a good time, comsumer n you've nowt to be ashamed of lol you've earnt this.

Evey

That sounds like a mixed bag, Sid, but overall sounds promising!

I'm not too bad really! All things considered. I've just opened a bottle of red wine someone left at my house (Trivento Reserve Malbec) I'll have to re-buy it by Saturday mind.

'Celebrate' 6 weeks booze/weed free! :)