ghrp-2 vs. Ipamorelin

Kakaroto

Greenlighter
Along with CJC 1295 w/dac 2mg/week I've been taking ghrp-6 3x/day 100mcg/pin for over 2 weeks now and still haven't noticed any extra hunger or hand tingling/numbness. I have noticed fuller pumps and some bloating though. Thinking about switching from ghrp-6 to the 2 or Ipamorelin because I'm not getting the hunger I wanted from the ghrp-6. So I'm contemplating whether the larger pulse, but shorter half life (30min) of ghrp-2 would outweigh the smaller pulse but longer half-life (2hrs) of Ipamorelin. I'm leaning towards IPA because I understand pre bed is the best time to take these peps due to the timing of natural gh spike in deep sleep. I've been noticing I take my pre bed ghrp-6 then eat 25min later, then by the time I actually fall asleep it could over an hour after my pin. Since I believe I'm missing my window for a synergistic spike at the most important time, I'm wondering if IPA's longer half life would be better for gh release at the most important night time vs. ghrp-2 .

If you've not noticed any hunger effect from the GHRP6, try a different source and/or increase to 150mcg. You shouldn't expect any numbness or tingling though as you're using a secretagogue - it's not going to give you that kind of boost.

GHRP2 is more effective than IPA in total release of GH, as I said on your earlier thread. Don't get confused about half-lives, it doesn't play much of a role here. Also, the concept of there being some extra-special pre-bed spike when you're using CJC (as opposed to GRF) is a bit off since you're screwing your natural profile entirely. Eating will also prevent any natural 'spike' within a few hours since that's signalling an entirely opposite set of instructions to the body.

Good idea I'll go to 150mcg.

So I shouldn't eat after pre bed pin?

I want to know all the pros and cons regarding these specific peptides. So ghrp2 has a higher total gh release. I've seen many other people post about how IPA has helped them sleep much better, recover faster, heal old injuries, with no side effects. People aren't saying all that about ghrp 2. Why do people choose IPA over ghrp? So are there any other pros and cons that someone knows about between these two? Anyone use them both and have better results on one vs the other?

Since you're using CJC, it won't matter if you eat after or not - you're simply not going to get much of that theorised circadian spike that may occur at midnight in some people. So eat, if that's what you want to do.

I think it would help you to stop thinking of these peptides as uniquely individual - they are all doing roughly the same thing - causing the secretion of growth hormone - but some more powerfully than others.

Any improvements people notice are almost entirely attributed to their GH-releasing ability (though to be fair ghrelin mimetics do have a few direct effects of their own).

So since GHRP2 has been shown to release more GH than IPA, you can safely dismiss all the anecdotal placebo nonsense you're seeing people post about how much better it is and how it re-grew their leg and made them 30 years younger. It's all hype bullshit. The only plus IPA has is that it is slightly more selective (less cortisol, less prolactin released) but it also releases less GH.

But at the end of the day very few people will ever notice any physical change whatsoever using GHRPs as they release so little GH (compared to injecting actual GH, for example) - it's more a case of having to believe that it's doing it's good stuff to the body even though you don't really see it.

CFC - taking MK-677 at moderate doses I got quite lightheaded and weak (which I am a bit of anyways). I suspect this to be low blood sugar? I'm curious if you think that GH secretatogues are fairly weak, is it just that the insulin release from a secretatogue can push your blood sugar from 100 to 50 (for example) but you're not getting a correlating 2x anabolic effect? I guess I was just thinking that if I am becoming hypoglycemic, that the amount of insulin/IGF required to do that must be high enough to cause some anabolic effects.

Assuming that was actually MK-677 I was taking anyways.

Yes the hypo/pseudohypo is a pretty normal side-effect from GHRP/ghrelin mimetics, so it sounds like yours was legit Ibutamoren.

Did you check your BG? You may find it's still normal. I often end up so badly affected (shaking, sweating, ravenously hungry) that I have to eat something even when BG is normal, though sometimes it does crash.

That's not related to GH and subsequent IGF release though (also these secretagogues have minimal impact on plasma IGF-1). GH would cause hyperglycaemia.

I should also point out that if you can handle some additional exogenous insulin at the same time as taking the GHRP, it should boost the GH release.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I never checked my BG, but if you find that you are affected (shaking I recall myself) while having normal BG, do you have any theories? Maybe at the cellular level the cells are struggling with glucose supply? Effects on the pituitary or other hormones? More neuronal transmission effects that translate to effects in the periphery?

Are these GH secretatogue effects something you experience in a similar manner with insulin?

Thanks for any input. Boy does the lightheadedness with the ibutamoren make exercising fun, elliptical gets a little dangerous lol. I usually have hypotension anyways so maybe that's not a common report for normal in-shape people? I'm wondering what's going on with the glucose considering the brain uses so much...

The effect has been discussed a lot among bodybuilders, along the lines you're thinking, and also about the effect of the 'stomach brain' on the rest of the CNS, all without any firm conclusions.

Ghrelin seems to both raise and inhibit insulin release from the pancreas (see for example >>here<<). If it's inhibiting its release, there really shouldn't be any lightheadedness or hypo feeling.

However I always notice a drop in BG when I use GHRH/GHRP, so I'm inclined to believe it's not just some kind of ghost or pseudo effect, though I can usually just about sit out the episode before resorting to food.

Ghrelin receptors exist in all sorts of unexpected tissues so maybe it's a direct cellular effect. Maybe it's directly inhibiting gluconeogenesis in the liver without the need for insulin? I've really never done enough research on ghrelin to begin to answer.

The feeling is exactly like hypoglycaemia though. So yes, it would be like taking a shot of insulin and waiting for the hypo to kick in. Most bodybuilders have high blood pressure but many also get lightheaded, perhaps from low glucose in the brain...

It would indeed follow that hunger related signaling should tell the cells to be conservative of their resources.

Thanks for the discussion :)

Sources are also very different with no actual regulation on these products they vary from site to site and batch to batch. Quality peptides can definitely assist in fitness goals as well as health, within moderation, just like with everything.
I give my mother ipamorelin and it has some positive effects. Hair, nails, skin. But it isn't taking years off of her age.
I took cjc w/dac on a few occasions and had swelling so bad and cramps that I stopped.

I think it would help you to stop thinking of these peptides as uniquely individual

-But the ARE very uniquely individual. And they have a unique price as well, so I am going to continue to think about these peptides in detail and do research, which is why people join a forum like this. Like for example; I'm going to start a low dose Hex with my 100mcg CJC no dac 2x/ day, then IPA + CJC no dac pre bed. If that setup is going to give me a bigger gh release than ghrp2 would then that unique difference is going to give me a better result. And some $$ saved especially if I can replace two 100mcg doses of IPA with two 12.5mcg Hex 2x/day.

But at the end of the day very few people will ever notice any physical change whatsoever using GHRPs as they release so little GH (compared to injecting actual GH, for example) - it's more a case of having to believe that it's doing it's good stuff to the body even though you don't really see it

Wow man. Haven't you read the hundreds of posts of people's results using ghrps? I just gained 5 pounds in my first 3 weeks. Huge pumps lasting hours after workout and even throughout the day. Faster recovery time. Deeper sleep = Feeling of well-being and rested throughout the day. These "physical changes" are happening to MOST people who take ghrps(with ghrhs of course) and you say few people will ever notice any physical change whatsoever? It's almost like you're telling me: yadda yadda, they all do the same thing don't worry about the details, btw they probably won't work anyways, and leaning me towards actual gh. .. I came here with detailed questions looking for detailed answers. Anyone have any?

There's no need for that attitude mate. You interpreted what I wrote in a very negative way and didn't really get the point of what I was making, which was simply to lower your expectations.

I wasn't discouraging you from trying, and gave you advice on what might work better. I'm also not encouraging you to choose GH over GHRPs.

However I'm also not going to spiel you with some hyperbolic sales pitch about how wondrous GHRPs are as if they're the holy grail when they aren't and never will be. If you want to buy into all that online hype, feel free, but I'm not going to lie to others just to ease your sensibilities.

However do come back to me after having used GHRPs for a few years and feel free to correct me on how much they transformed your body, sleep, pumps, skin and injuries.

Kakaroto - people that are truly going to benefit from GHRP/GHRH are probably the ones that are running low on GH as is, for example the elderly or people going long periods without sleep. If I recall correctly, MK-677 was able to increase walking distance after hip fracture in the elderly - stuff in that sort of vein is probably closer to the true utility of GH secretatogues. Not saying it won't improve an average person/bodybuilder's performance/health/composition a bit but its probably best used for more medicinal purposes. Recovery from nerve damage/remyelination for example.

^^ This is a true of so many drugs and supplements introduced to the bodybuilding community which get a little too hyped; it's just about being realistic about how/where it can help. Kakaroto is annoyed at me because I'm not parroting the stuff he's read elsewhere which 'must be true' by weight of numbers/sheeple.

I've sold GHRPs to hundreds of guys over the years, most of whom I have to deal with IRL. I can't get away with making up exaggerated nonsense like you read online; after a few cycles of it, they start to wonder if it's doing anything at all, and then subsequently attribute half the entirely subjective benefits like improved sleep, recovery and skin or whatever to placebo and stop buying.

If you give them realistic expectations, and get them to understand that most of the potential good stuff happens very incrementally over the long-term and 'under the trunk', so to speak, they're generally happier with the results.

I absolutely agree. When we look at studies to determine something is effective, it doesn't have to be a 100% cure or 200% improvement, it can just be something as simple as taking walking distance after hip fracture from 100m control, 110m placebo, to 120m test. In some cases (in certain populations, *cough*) placebo could probably be stronger than the real test, but its known, in depression for example, some people that have "depression genetics" are more resistant to placebo.

The analogy is that the people with the real injuries are probably more resistant to placebo too. Some populations are probably saying to themselves "Well now I got this super powerful GH surge I'm going to work out super hard because I'll get so much more gains than usual" and then mistaking their progress being due to the GH rather than the working out extra hard.

Which is why studies that would control everything, every variable possible (like people working out extra hard or eating extra), would be the best. I personally am potato brain and am not recalling the details of MK-677/Ibutamoren in studies. I think they mainly did safety studies.

Which is why studies that would control everything, every variable possible (like people working out extra hard or eating extra), would be the best. I personally am potato brain and am not recalling the details of MK-677/Ibutamoren in studies. I think they mainly did safety studies.

Most studies didn't get very far for a variety of reasons (eg in one, someone had a heart attack, and even though doctors thought it unlikely GHRP was involved, the study was cancelled). Quite a lot of studies were accumulated by Datbtrue at his forum (datbtrue.co.uk) and originally on another forum, from which the current craze in bodybuilding circles for GHRH/GHRP started in about 2008/9. However some of his interpretation of the data is flawed or unnecessarily narrow in scope. But anyway, there's a fair bit of info there.

Most studies didn't get very far for a variety of reasons (eg in one, someone had a heart attack, and even though doctors thought it unlikely GHRP was involved, the study was cancelled). Quite a lot of studies were accumulated by Datbtrue at his forum (datbtrue.co.uk) and originally on another forum, from which the current craze in bodybuilding circles for GHRH/GHRP started in about 2008/9. However some of his interpretation of the data is flawed or unnecessarily narrow in scope. But anyway, there's a fair bit of info there.

Products for sale maybe affected his interpretational skills somewhat...

Lol, I imagine that may have played a role ;)