• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB Withdrawl - Please help!

Steven325

Bluelighter
I have pretty bad anxiety (currently on prozac)

I take GHB from time to time (when I do it I dose a lot for a few days and then don't touch it for a while)

This week I went WAY overboard, dosing every 1,5-2 hours (and my doses are pretty large too) for 8 days in a row. Last night I went on a 26 hour non stop binge combined with a little bit of speed (yes, incredibly stupid I know, I'm an idiot)

All day now I have pretty bad withdrawl (no hallucinations or something though), extreme heart beat, sweatin,g, my body is shaking all day, cold, can't sleep (I guess high BP too as I often have that). I already have anxiety sober though so I suspect that's why it's so bad.

I took some more G to get rid of a bit (half dose, twice today) then I threw it all out, as obviously I can't handle it. My last dose was 4 hours ago.

Lucky now I found 2 old 2x10 mg propranolol, and a lot of metoprolol. I just took 1 propranol now, pretty scared of having a seizure or whatever (people elsewhere warned me about this)

However, if it helps, it will wear off in a few hours and I'm scared of what happens then. I couldn't find much info om metoprolol+GHB. Can I safely take it? As it's extended release, it would help me the entire day instead of a few hours. Alternively to sleep I also have 1x15mg mirtazapine.

Still shaking really bad, heart pain (from anxiety I guess) all the crap. Can anyone help me out what to do with the things I have at hand? Since I didn't dose for that long 24/7, and I feel fine mental wise except from a bit freaking out due to the shaking and anxiety, I assume a beta blocker will help enough but I have no idea.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
How long excactly you have been taking the G consecutively?
If it really only has been 1-3 days it shouldn't be that bad at all.

Optimally get baclofen (Phenibut is perfect too), or some benzos. Either from a doctor (It's perfectly legit), or of the street. ;)
You CAN also dose out with GHB. It's not really advisable, though.

Advisable, not available, which I wrote first^^

Last edited:
8 days non stop, however I did this before (but not every 1.5 hr dosing) and had withdrawl and I understand it gets worse with every time. I don't have confusion or hallucinations but the shaking, heartbeat and body tension is insane.

I took the propranol now, once it wears off I was thinking of going to metaprolol for a few days. (starting immediately once the propranolol wears off as I often get a 'rebound' effect and anxiety gets worse after that, heart pain so bad I ended up at the ER multiple times)

Any thoughts? Google wasn't much help. I can't get anything else right now.

I can't find much but from what I understand propranolol will help with BP and heart rate, decreasing the chance that something bad happens. Benzo's are more calm for the mind too, but I don't mind freaking out like this, hopefully I'll learn my lesson now. I don't want to end up with a seizure or anything though.

Last edited:
i used baclofene (like one would do for alcohol also workin that gaba b , i also had valiumz, that helpeda little... at least G w/d are shit (2-3days)

Yeah it's saturday night here and I can't get anything :( Need to do it with what I got. I don't really care about the withdrawl that much, I'm a hard learner so maybe this will help, I just don't want to end up in a hospital or worse.

I read a beta blocker after coke/speed can be dangerous too but I only did a little and it was 12+ hours ago so I assume I'm safe at least in that regard? 1 hour after the propranol shaking is a BIT less, still heart pain, but I'm afraid what will happen once it wears off.

Ok, you have major anxiety and feel uncomfortable. Typical GHB withdrawal symptoms.
Of course you can take the β-blockers, but they will only help to some extent.
Why don't you go to the ER or at least to the doc. ?
It's not a nice thing, I know. But they _should_ help you!

I don't think I'd make it there and calling an ambulance is too much for me for some anxiety. I'm just scared for something major. If the shaking and anxiety is all I will get I can live with it but I have no idea. If the beta blockers make sure nothing bad happens I can live with the anxiety for a few days. For some reasons I also don't want them to know I did this GHB binge.

Just wanted to add:
Of course there are no interactions of significance with beta-blockers and GHB/GHB withdrawal.
The fact that you took stimulants more than 12 hours ago doesn't matter at all. ;)

Ok thanks. But do they reduce the chances of something bad happening? I also can't find any info on taking metaprolol after propranolol (I plan to take another in 3 hours so I don't get rebound anxiety, metaprolol 4-5 hours after that) but I assume it's safe once the propranolol wore off?

No I'm not ashamed of it or anything, it's a long story. Also I've been to the ER so many times already with anxiety, unless there is a real reason to do it I prefer not to. If the beta blockers make sure I'm safe I can live with the anxiety and crap for now.

No I have extreme fear for heart attacks, seizures and that stuff. The shaking and anxiety is really annoying but I've had worse. Apart from feeling agitated due to the tension and anxiety I'm not really confused or worried. Just worried about my regular fears. Like afraid to go to sleep and getting a seizure or my heart stops or whatever. The propranolol now took 50% of my anxiety away so that's nice. My heart beats pretty weird though, a lot of missed beats and a lot of palpitations, way more than before I took the propranolol.

I don't freak out about it like I used to but in combination with G withdrawl and speed comedown and not sleeping I'm a bit worried..

I also have issues breathing in deeply but I often have that so no idea if they are related.

Last edited:
Your not going to seize, have a heart attack or even come close to dying. No offense but you really come off as a pussy acting like this after only 8 days of GHB.

Not trying to dicksize but I literally did over a kilo of pure Na-GHB in a couple months. I was doing up to 2 ozs a day, average around 40gs. It SUCKED when I quit but nowhere near seizure or heart attack levels.

Also your right, fuck the ER. They will write it down in your records. All the doctors you will ever have will see it and so does the hospital. Fuck being labeled a drug addict.

Your not going to seize, have a heart attack or even come close to dying. No offense but you really come off as a pussy acting like this after only 8 days of GHB.

Not trying to dicksize but I literally did over a kilo of pure Na-GHB in a couple months. I was doing up to 2 ozs a day, average around 40gs. It SUCKED when I quit but nowhere near seizure or heart attack levels.

Also your right, fuck the ER. They will write it down in your records. All the doctors you will ever have will see it and so does the hospital. Fuck being labeled a drug addict.

Well I wasn't initially worried but I posted this somewhere else and a few people warned me for seizures.. and since my anxiety is mostly about such things that I got pretty scared.

Also I've done this G dosing a lot already in the past, my tolerance is pretty high. I took about 50-55 gram on my binge yesterday and the other days 30 gram every day. Already developed tolerance from (ab)using it before. I personally have no clue when/if you can get a heart attack or seizure, was just worried about it once people warned me. Also I've had really high BP before even when not withdrawing from G, so I suspect it's even worse now.

And I am a pussy, that's why I'm on prozac. I'm 24/7 afraid of getting a seizure or heart attack for years already, even without withdrawl or whatever.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't initially worried but I posted this somewhere else and a few people warned me for seizures.. and since my anxiety is mostly about such things that I got pretty scared.

Also I've done this G dosing a lot already in the past, my tolerance is pretty high. I took about 50-55 gram on my binge yesterday and the other days 30 gram every day. Already developed tolerance from (ab)using it before. I personally have no clue when/if you can get a heart attack or seizure, was just worried about it once people warned me. Also I've had really high BP before even when not withdrawing from G, so I suspect it's even worse now.

And I am a pussy, that's why I'm on prozac. I'm 24/7 afraid of getting a seizure or heart attack for years already, even without withdrawl or whatever.

Your not a pussy lol, sorry for saying that. I feel you, a lot of people scare monger about GHB when they don't know much about it. IDK if prozac has any chance of lowering seizure threshold, but it could. 50-55gs of GHB, nice man, some people just love GHB. It's probably my favorite drug and I can't stop doing it when I get it.

I'd just stop cold turkey if you can, or just lower doses to like 1.5-2gs every 4 hours. Don't panic and flush it though.

It's alright. I don't take prozac to lower the chance to get a seizure but to not be afraid to have one. Someone close to me died at the age of 22 out of nowhere and that person was using nothing, not even smoking, I smoke weed and cigs for 10 years and use a lot of other drugs so I got pretty scared, since then I'm a wreck.

I didn't even like GHB that much before, I just took it cause it was cheap and no hangover (the past year). Last week I quit smoking and was using GHB to feel good.. and it worked.. I felt great. A bump of speed and there are no limits anymore appearantly. I think some problems were also from the speed comedown, as I absolutely can't handle amphetamines since I have anxiety, even coffee is to much for me, I don't even know why I took it but .. yeah.

The propranolol luckily got rid of most shakes altough my heart beats really irregular, I guess it's ok. Kind of scared once it wears off though, I've had nasty rebound effects before waking me up at night and ended up on the ER cause the heart pain was unbearable, but it's all anxiety so whatever.

I threw away everything except 2 caps, maybe take them next week, I know for sure I can never have it in my house again, I just take a dose immediately when I wake up and don't stop. I'll even skip tons of meals because then it works better.. and can't sleep at all. I'll just take the withdrawls as they come, I just was afraid of some life threatening complications.

It's alright. I don't take prozac to lower the chance to get a seizure but to not be afraid to have one. Someone close to me died at the age of 22 out of nowhere and that person was using nothing, not even smoking, I smoke weed and cigs for 10 years and use a lot of other drugs so I got pretty scared, since then I'm a wreck.

I didn't even like GHB that much before, I just took it cause it was cheap and no hangover (the past year). Last week I quit smoking and was using GHB to feel good.. and it worked.. I felt great. A bump of speed and there are no limits anymore appearantly. I think some problems were also from the speed comedown, as I absolutely can't handle amphetamines since I have anxiety, even coffee is to much for me, I don't even know why I took it but .. yeah.

The propranolol luckily got rid of most shakes altough my heart beats really irregular, I guess it's ok. Kind of scared once it wears off though, I've had nasty rebound effects before waking me up at night and ended up on the ER cause the heart pain was unbearable, but it's all anxiety so whatever.

I threw away everything except 2 caps, maybe take them next week, I know for sure I can never have it in my house again, I just take a dose immediately when I wake up and don't stop. I'll even skip tons of meals because then it works better.. and can't sleep at all. I'll just take the withdrawls as they come, I just was afraid of some life threatening complications.

I really really doubt its life threatening. I was saying prozac may be dangerous during GHB w/ds. It's weird your shaking after such small use. What do you mean caps though? If its in liquid form that's probably GBL, which you won't have life threatening w/ds from either.

I'm inclined to agree wit DatNiggaJ. I have gone on serious GBL binges for weeks and weeks at a time. Coming off SUCKED, but heroin and benzo withdrawal are infinitely worse.

For me, GBL withdrawal was really acute for about 48 hours, and it was very uncomfortable with lots of anxiety, but I was still able to function, unlike other withdrawal.

I think you'll be fine in a matter of a day or two.