• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos GHB withdrawal

Steven325

Bluelighter
I've been using GHB for about 2 weeks now basically 24/7 (20-30ml/day) combined with weed (which I use daily for years)

I've used GHB in the past but max 3 days in a row.

Not sure if I get withdrawals from it, planning to stop next monday when I need to go back to work. Will I need to keep anything in mind? I have 5x10mg temazepam ready, can I take those safely within 24 hours after consuming the last G? (I was planning on using 10mg first night, 20mg 2nd and 20mg 3rd)

I want to quit smoking cigarettes the day I stop ghb too, as I simply can't stop while taking it so the temazepam will hopefully help with that too.

I noticed my first withdrawal symptom if you can call it that, it wasn't too bad but I took a nap this afternoon and woke up and felt like I binged on cocaine for days. Not that I was so fucked up but.. nothing was fun and I didn't want to do anything which I normally never have.

Cheers

Last edited:
The benzos wont do much at such low doses. Benzoz target gabaa, ghb gabab.

You need to either taper off if you have the will power. Get a less recreational gabab agonis/pam (baclofen, phenibut,..). Switch to that and then taper off that. Alcohol works too, but I'd rather be addicted to ghb. Extremely high doses of benzos help some of the symptoms.

But will I actually get withdrawals from this usage? My mates both used ghb daily for months in a row multiple times over the past years.. (not 24/7 though) they reported 1-2 days of feeling a bit down and nothing more. But here I see people writing about withdrawals after 30 days of using. I'm not sure what to believe.

gabapentin would help more than benzos..phenibut, even low doses would completely eliminate Ghb withdrawals..

Hi Steven! Obviously the other 2 people who posted did not fully read your post!

No, you should not get withdraw from 2 weeks use. I once used GBL for 6 weeks 24/7 (Stupidly) and thankfully only suffered anxiety for one when I stopped, which was helped by a large dose of codeine and I didn't get any other symptoms.

Apparently Pharm' grade GHB doesn't seem to cause withdrawal from the medical info' I've read, though illicit GHB seems to cause withdrawal and dependence/withdrawal is always mentioned as possible in the Xyrem (Brand name in the US and UK for Na-GHB dissolved in water that is prescribed to people with cataplexy. In France it's used as an anti-depressant, but not as Xyrem, different brand.) patient leaflet.

A guy who used to post here alot called fastandbulbous or fast&bulbous posted about how GBL doesn't cause withdrawal, it was hypokalaemia (Low Potassium) from the GBL > GHB conversion that is done in the blood in people who were taking large dose's for a long time and not eating right.

Though if I was to repeat my use now I'd deffo' have a stash of Benzo's ready for their anxiolytic and anti-seizure properties.

But will I actually get withdrawals from this usage? My mates both used ghb daily for months in a row multiple times over the past years.. (not 24/7 though) they reported 1-2 days of feeling a bit down and nothing more. But here I see people writing about withdrawals after 30 days of using. I'm not sure what to believe.

It depends, some ppl are more prone to wds than others + 24/7 is much more dangerous than a few doses per day. I used ghb daily at 1 dose per day for years. When gbl became hard to get I stopped and other than missing it (not the addiction type craving just missing) I felt fine.

Hi Steven! Obviously the other 2 people who posted did not fully read your post!

No, you should not get withdraw from 2 weeks use. I once used GBL for 6 weeks 24/7 (Stupidly) and thankfully only suffered anxiety for one when I stopped, which was helped by a large dose of codeine and I didn't get any other symptoms.

Apparently Pharm' grade GHB doesn't seem to cause withdrawal from the medical info' I've read, though illicit GHB seems to cause withdrawal and dependence/withdrawal is always mentioned as possible in the Xyrem (Brand name in the US and UK for Na-GHB dissolved in water that is prescribed to people with cataplexy. In France it's used as an anti-depressant, but not as Xyrem, different brand.) patient leaflet.

A guy who used to post here alot called fastandbulbous or fast&bulbous posted about how GBL doesn't cause withdrawal, it was hypokalaemia (Low Potassium) from the GBL > GHB conversion that is done in the blood in people who were taking large dose's for a long time and not eating right.

Though if I was to repeat my use now I'd deffo' have a stash of Benzo's ready for their anxiolytic and anti-seizure properties.

Pharm grade isn't used 24/7 but 2x per night. This makes a huge difference. If you did pharma grade 24/7 you're just as likely to get addicted (besides, if your synth and starting products are good your ghb is not going to be in any important different from pharma grade).

And like I said, some ppl are much more prone to wds then others.. I mean some get horrible wds from a months of 1 - 2 mg etiz, while I was basically fine after going trough almost 2g of clam in 2 months.