• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB Withdrawal / Detox

aussiegirl 🇦🇺

Greenlighter
Have been using GHB with meth pretty consistently and constantly for 6 days now and not taking the GHB for a couple of hours leads to awful withdrawal symptoms.. my head hurts, my arms hurt, my entire body is vibrating, getting occasional involuntary muscle spasms, eyes feel dazed, ears are ringing and when I close my eyes I don't just see plain, solid black but movement of light (almost like those old film projectors stuffing and getting black and white lines instead of a picture). Tried valium and that did nothing and only way to get rid of these effects is to take more GHB but then I'm off my face on G. Been taking roughly 10-30ml every 24 hours at 1.5-2ml at a time. I have heard Gabapentin helps for the tremors and currently my cat is on Gabapentin for anxiety.. would there be any dangers with taking animal medication? Otherwise, how do I get through this? Do these symptoms actually pass quite quickly and I'll just have one or two rough days or should I be going into hospital? I've done GHB in the past and been able to sleep through these symptoms and wake up all good but the symptoms are waking me up and then no hope I'm going back to sleep. GHB used to make me sleep like a baby but now lucky to get more than 3 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

You need a baclofen. You might be able to explain the situation to a doctor and prescription. It is not tightly controlled like Valium or other benzos so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Share this with your doctor:

Whoops, I didn't read your post carefully, I thought you had been on GHB for 6 months but what actually wrote.

Have been using GHB with meth pretty consistently and constantly for 6 days now

In this case, a baclofen taper wouldn't be necessary. You won't be in any real medical danger, just discomfort. Though it acts differently, gabapentin definitely could help ease your discomfort for the 3-4 days after stopping the GHB.

How much of the GHB are you taking and at what intervals? Note, much of what is being sold in Australia isn't GHB but rather GBL or 1,4-butanediol, which turn into GHB in the body (not that it makes too big of a difference). From what I understand they are also sold somewhat diluted.

Yes it's safe to use veterinary gabapentin (it comes from the same place ultimately). Problem is, the doses used for cats (unless you have a very fat cat) are quite low. So you'd need quite abit (a few hundred milligrams).

And of course don't deprive your cat of meds if they are currently using it.

Anyone ever had a proper medical detox using Xyrem/ GHB? Inpatient offcourse this would be done but I never heard of it.

Dr'r seem oblivious to the fact it actually is a med they have ( narcolepsy ). Clean and with an set dose.