• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GHB - toxic if made with tap water?

betterThanBeer

Greenlighter
Someone told me GHB is less safe to consume if it was made using tap water. Is this true? What exactly makes the drug more hazardous then if it was made using distilled water?

Made from what? Are you talking about a full illicit synthesis of GHB? Or GHB made from GBL?

The answer to your question is almost certainly no. The way you worded your question suggests that the ‘someone’ who told you that probably wasn’t a chemist or someone capable of performing a multi-step synthesis of GHB. It was most likely about the synthesis of GHB from GBL, which is a relatively straightforward process. However, if you’re going to isolate the GHB as a salt, it would be better to use distilled water to avoid the extra minerals found in tap water.

Either way, I can't think of a reason why using tap water would specifically make the product more harmful. Unless it's very shitty tap water, something that would be harmful to drink.

I don't think anyone making it would use tap water. As for diluting it and storing in a such a way, still better to use distilled water BUT be sure to get stuff that's fine for human consumption as water for ironing and such can have heavy metals in it.