• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GHB psychosis

Antiprosynthesis

Bluelighter
Several years ago I developed a short addiction to GHB which only laster for about a month, but this was enough to take a dramatic turn...

I developed such a tolerance that I was drinking simply from the 1L bottle and I did huge amounts, if I didn't redose in time I felt myself drifting out of consiousness...

At some point I drifted totally out of consiousness and Just was laying on the floor. I had to take a piss, and I don't know why but I decided to piss out of the window - and I lived in a city centre on An appartement...

Accidently I pissed on a Guy his head, I did not know this at the time, I was told This afterwards... Police came and probably knocked on my door but I did not not notice this so they broke down my door...

They asked me what was going on and I said I did not know and I didn't, I only remember very short momenten of what exactly happened... They asked me if I took Any drugs and I said no; I was not lying as drug use is not a criminal offense over here, I Just didn't realize anything anymore...

I told the police that my grandparents were sleeping in the front and I asked if someone could let Them know I was being taken away, I actually lived alone... The police took me to the hospital and there I started to roam the hall and I developed some agression, so they took me to the ER and strapped me down to a bed.

The psychosis lasted for 3 days, and I had hallucinations: I was the upper floor of a house - dont ask me how I can be a house - and a friend of mine was the downstairs and I had to pump up the house making shit spill out of the windows, eventually so much that the entire world drowned in IT but I had the power to reset Creation and everything started over again and this kept repeating the entire time. I felt like God being able to create existence and to wipe IT out and I felt An immense feeling of power, this actually was An amazing feeling...

After this I didn't use GHB for many years, until one Day... I once again got into psychosis but not due to WD but Just during the effects of my first time use after so long...

I lost my awareness of where I was and who I was and I started panicking and due to this panic I was in utter chaos looking for something I knew but in doing so I trashed my entire home without realising.it. Ambulance came and took me to the hospital but only hours later they said I was okay and send me home...

But I was not okay, I still was very little aware of anything and once home I immediately started using GHB again... This made the psychosis much worse, I started trowing beer bottles on the floor cause I liked the sound of the glass breaking... I got extremely hot so I took off all my clothes so I was completely naked, but for some reason I went outside and ended up naked on the ground in my street...

Police came and took me to the luny bin where they strapped me on to a table in the isolaton room. I was locked up for about ten days...

I wonder, what would have caused that second psychosis? And can I expect this again should I ever do GHB again?

And can I expect this again should I ever do GHB again?
Yes, I would say almost without a doubt, you will go in to psychosis again if you ever use GHB, especially considering your psychosic tendencies whilst abusing speed.
Don't do it.

I AM definetly not planning on taking GHB ever again, but I AM Just wondering...
I understand. It's hard to say for sure if it would happen again but I would GUESS that it would. So not worth the risk huh! It does not sound like a fun time at all.

No, such events had a rather big impact on me and not in a good way, so definetly not fun at all...
I'm glad you're okay. You've gotta take care of yourself man. You and I are the same age, we've got a lot of good years ahead of us!

Maybe you had partial seizures? When I seriously overdosed on pregabalin with 2g at once I got something remotely similar, I thought a doctor would remotely operate in me and he'd do it wrong but I was fixated and could barely move (??) that I was in danger and so on. In reality I was seizing and making strange noise, thankfully my gf didn't call 911 and I recovered but first I thought to having fried my mind, had strangely disappearing thoughts.

The mechanisms might even be related as both high dose pregabalin and GHB increase the output of glutamate, the primary excitatory transmitter which does cause seizures when too much of it floats around.

You don't always have body movements with partial seizures, they can be limited to the brain and seem to account for a good deal of paranormal experiences involving drugs or even without.

Last edited:
I do appreciate this. I can't really take any more psychedelics in life now, I'm physically allergic to everything except LSD and I've had way more than my Lion's share of that like half a gram since 1996.

Microdosing psilocybin though, on paper, not necessarily to be ruled out, or an inevitable risky step.

It has miraculous potential for actual physical brain repair and reconnecting, I don't mean to experience the drug though, microdosing is sub perceptual.

The Stamen's protocol combines micro psilocybin with a few other non psychoactive brain and nerve repairng supplements.

It isn't about feelng any level of trip, we never know ofc but from all I have garnered, I feel it could maybe surprisingly help.

But kava honestly if you have not, really worth a try.

It is naturally anxiolytic with no WD, rebound etc.

It does support healthy brain and neurotransmitter function too.

I have the most advanced anxiety on Earth from so much physical nerve damage, Lyme from 2005, 10 dozen odd neurological viruses over time, but most of all a rarely intense personal experience with multiple overlapping long Covids, my NS was fully dysregulated by Lyme so the weapon Covid is just walks right into my NS and smashes it with a baseball bat.

Kava is vital for me to stay calm enough to live. But not because of an acquired dependance as such, but a true need.

I use cannabis too, v important physical medicine and antidepressant but very unhelpful for anxiety.

By usng kava alongside cannabis, the anxiety is mitigated.

I mean, you want to seek anything which might help, and not harm- I do appreciate that.

Kava won't harm. It may help.

Let me know if you want a link to a really useful summary. 🙂

Maybe you had partial seizures? When I seriously overdosed on pregabalin with 2g at once I got something remotely similar, I thought a doctor would remotely operate in me and he'd do it wrong but I was fixated and could barely move (??) that I was in danger and so on. In reality I was seizing and making strange noise, thankfully my gf didn't call 911 and I recovered but first I thought to having fried my mind, had strangely disappearing thoughts.

The mechanisms might even be related as both high dose pregabalin and GHB increase the output of glutamate, the primary excitatory transmitter which does cause seizures when too much of it floates around.

You don't always have body movements with partial seizures, they can be limited to the brain and seem to account for a good deal of paranormal experiences involving drugs or even without.
I dont know, wouldnt the ppl in the hospital have known that and told me?

I dont know, wouldnt the ppl in the hospital have known that and told me?
Not necessarily, they would need to do an EEG I guess and many docs are notoriously ignorant about drug related issues. Did they even realize that you took GHB as it doesn't show up on regular drug tests?

Not necessarily, they would need to do an EEG I guess and many docs are notoriously ignorant about drug related issues. Did they even realize that you took GHB as it doesn't show up on regular drug tests?
No, that's something I know from exepierence that if over here something goes wrong, doctors never think about GHB...

Just read your other thread and wanted to say that I'm in the same boat. I heavily abused dissociatives, first DXM as a teen and then deschloroketamine for years as an adult. I had concentration issues before and got diagnosed with adult ADHD but now it's on another level. I'm not particularly forgetful but studying became a nightmare. Also pregabalin, memantine, DXM, alcohol have lost their magic and benzodiazepines do weird stuff. Psychedelics don't trip me anymore, this is probably related to SSRI antidepressants but still weird. I consider SSRIs to be drugs as well, I was hooked on them and still issues completely ceasing. With abstinence things healed a bit but I'm now two years off dissos and one off opiates and still issues studying.

Did you read up about nootropics? It's maybe not the smartest move to continue drugs but some might be able to help you.

Sounds like you had some dormant disposition to psychosis and all the drugs have massively reduced the threshold for it. Like others have said just stay off all stimulants, wouldn't really advise psychedelics either even microdosing.

Just read your other thread and wanted to say that I'm in the same boat. I heavily abused dissociatives, first DXM as a teen and then deschloroketamine for years as an adult. I had concentration issues before and got diagnosed with adult ADHD but now it's on another level. I'm not particularly forgetful but studying became a nightmare. Also pregabalin, memantine, DXM, alcohol have lost their magic and benzodiazepines do weird stuff. Psychedelics don't trip me anymore, this is probably related to SSRI antidepressants but still weird. I consider SSRIs to be drugs as well, I was hooked on them and still issues completely ceasing. With abstinence things healed a bit but I'm now two years off dissos and one off opiates and still issues studying.

Did you read up about nootropics? It's maybe not the smartest move to continue drugs but some might be able to help you.
Sounds like you had some dormant disposition to psychosis and all the drugs have massively reduced the threshold for it. Like others have said just stay off all stimulants, wouldn't really advise psychedelics either even microdosing.
So you understand what its like... And yes so many drugs Just dont work for me either anymore...Im not really interested in expanding my drug use however, In trying to reduce IT...

No I dont want to use psychedelics anymore for several reasons by the way, not only due to my psychosis...

Several years ago I developed a short addiction to GHB which only laster for about a month, but this was enough to take a dramatic turn...

I developed such a tolerance that I was drinking simply from the 1L bottle and I did huge amounts, if I didn't redose in time I felt myself drifting out of consiousness...

At some point I drifted totally out of consiousness and Just was laying on the floor. I had to take a piss, and I don't know why but I decided to piss out of the window - and I lived in a city centre on An appartement...

Accidently I pissed on a Guy his head, I did not know this at the time, I was told This afterwards... Police came and probably knocked on my door but I did not not notice this so they broke down my door...

They asked me what was going on and I said I did not know and I didn't, I only remember very short momenten of what exactly happened... They asked me if I took Any drugs and I said no; I was not lying as drug use is not a criminal offense over here, I Just didn't realize anything anymore...

I told the police that my grandparents were sleeping in the front and I asked if someone could let Them know I was being taken away, I actually lived alone... The police took me to the hospital and there I started to roam the hall and I developed some agression, so they took me to the ER and strapped me down to a bed.

The psychosis lasted for 3 days, and I had hallucinations: I was the upper floor of a house - dont ask me how I can be a house - and a friend of mine was the downstairs and I had to pump up the house making shit spill out of the windows, eventually so much that the entire world drowned in IT but I had the power to reset Creation and everything started over again and this kept repeating the entire time. I felt like God being able to create existence and to wipe IT out and I felt An immense feeling of power, this actually was An amazing feeling...

After this I didn't use GHB for many years, until one Day... I once again got into psychosis but not due to WD but Just during the effects of my first time use after so long...

I lost my awareness of where I was and who I was and I started panicking and due to this panic I was in utter chaos looking for something I knew but in doing so I trashed my entire home without realising.it. Ambulance came and took me to the hospital but only hours later they said I was okay and send me home...

But I was not okay, I still was very little aware of anything and once home I immediately started using GHB again... This made the psychosis much worse, I started trowing beer bottles on the floor cause I liked the sound of the glass breaking... I got extremely hot so I took off all my clothes so I was completely naked, but for some reason I went outside and ended up naked on the ground in my street...

Police came and took me to the luny bin where they strapped me on to a table in the isolaton room. I was locked up for about ten days...

I wonder, what would have caused that second psychosis? And can I expect this again should I ever do GHB again?
I experienced GHB withdrawal psychosis or delirium. I missed my dose and started walking around my apartment building barefoot making strange loud breathing noises. I did this for hours, walking around and around all night. I also went around knocking on random people's doors and trying to open doors. In the morning I have flashbacks of people crowding around staring at me while people were trying to calm me down. They called an ambulance and sedated me with 30mg intravenous diazepam. I stayed in psychosis/delirium for almost 3 days. while i was in hospital that first night I thought people next to me were being treated for Covid by doctors using devices to push air bubbles out of their lungs, and they were screaming in pain. I also thought i said something offensive to a doctor and that i was consequently kicked off my medical insurance and that i was banned or blacklisted from all medical insurers. It was a terrifying experience. A milder case happened to me again a couple months later. I had only been using GHB (maybe it was GBL because it tasted and smelt like chemicals) for around a week to 10 days (every 3 hours - 5mls) when these incidents happened. I know 5mls is an incredibly high dose, I wonder if the batch I was using was just weaker? Also, after a dose I would pass out - was I going into a G coma? Is there a difference between passing out on G and overdosing/ going into a coma?

The mechanisms might even be related as both high dose pregabalin and GHB increase the output of glutamate, the primary excitatory transmitter which does cause seizures when too much of it floats around.

You maybe are referring to Ictal Episodes, which is a temporarily psychosis that occurred to me during my 3 epileptic insult's (Toni-Clonic)

Never had it with GHB which i quitted at least 20 years ago.